Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashton references managers from a higher level... 09:39 - Dec 7 with 3466 viewstractorboy1978

having their name put forwards by an agent.

Got me thinking, who from the Championship could that be? Could we tempt Nathan Jones from Luton for example?....
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:40 - Dec 7 with 2570 viewsKeno

Obvious init

Pep
Klopp

I bet Howe and Gerrard are kicking themselves now as well

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:42 - Dec 7 with 2531 viewsWD19

Did he specify they were currently in work?

People like Mark Hughes would consider themselves ‘managers of a higher level’ by default. So would Neil Harris……or Chris Coleman.
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 2515 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:42 - Dec 7 by WD19

Did he specify they were currently in work?

People like Mark Hughes would consider themselves ‘managers of a higher level’ by default. So would Neil Harris……or Chris Coleman.

Yep, he said some in work some out of work...
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 2505 viewsElderGrizzly

I doubt it. 6 points off the playoffs with Luton in the Championship or 7 points off the playoffs with us in L1.

It's Rooney of course...
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:44 - Dec 7 with 2495 viewshype313

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:43 - Dec 7 by ElderGrizzly

I doubt it. 6 points off the playoffs with Luton in the Championship or 7 points off the playoffs with us in L1.

It's Rooney of course...

Yep, it could only really be managers currently struggling or treading water, can't really see Scott Parker, Marco Silva, Valérien Ismaël, Mogga, Michael O'Neill and Warburton stepping down a division.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:45 - Dec 7 with 2484 viewsportmanking

Nigel Pearson's applied again.
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:46 - Dec 7 with 2464 viewsBseaBlue

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:45 - Dec 7 by portmanking

I did wonder about Pearson because of the obvious Bristol City link. Rooney would be the 'name' ala Roy Keane wouldn't he!
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:14 - Dec 7 with 2289 viewstractorboy1978

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:43 - Dec 7 by ElderGrizzly

It's Rooney of course...

He's got Luton playing at their ceiling though really. If you take a long term view, I'd wager he's more likely to get to the Premier League with us than Luton. I take your point they are 6 points off the play offs (and also 7 points off 21st) but I think this would be an opportunity he'd have to really think about, it isn't a slam dunk decision, we nearly had their club captain here in the summer!
Login to get fewer ads

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:16 - Dec 7 with 2255 viewsGavTWTD

Think we can safely say its not Mowbray

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:17 - Dec 7 with 2250 viewsKeno

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:16 - Dec 7 by GavTWTD

so in saying that you think there's a chance its Pep or Klopp then?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:17 - Dec 7 with 2247 viewsclive_baker

Steve Bruce

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:20 - Dec 7 with 2215 viewsIpswichKnight

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:17 - Dec 7 by Keno

so in saying that you think there's a chance its Pep or Klopp then?

Pep still needs to win a European trophy with City before his job is complete there, Klopp though…….
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:20 - Dec 7 with 2216 viewsmrfixit426

I wouldn't believe everything you hear from that man. Remember that his number one priority at the moment is keeping the fans on his side. But he's a snake oil salesman, no doubt about it.
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:33 - Dec 7 with 2129 viewstractordownsouth

I’m calling bs. I remember MacAnthony saying similar about Posh when they were in L1 but they never tempted a manager down a level. Despite what I said on other threads about whether a bottom half champ job is worth taking over the Town vacancy, leaving a job to drop down is another kettle of fish. The only manager we could realistically tempt is Rooney given Derby’s situation but even then I wouldn’t want him on the wages he’d demand.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:35 - Dec 7 with 2106 viewsFather_Jack

Curbs.

Less is more.

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:38 - Dec 7 with 2055 viewsScottishTractorBoy

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:33 - Dec 7 by tractordownsouth

I’m calling bs. I remember MacAnthony saying similar about Posh when they were in L1 but they never tempted a manager down a level. Despite what I said on other threads about whether a bottom half champ job is worth taking over the Town vacancy, leaving a job to drop down is another kettle of fish. The only manager we could realistically tempt is Rooney given Derby’s situation but even then I wouldn’t want him on the wages he’d demand.

Rooney is just waiting on Rafa being sacked, then he's going home to Everton
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:39 - Dec 7 with 2052 viewsJ2BLUE

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 09:45 - Dec 7 by portmanking

It's going to be him isn't it...I didn't even remember him until your post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:41 - Dec 7 with 2042 viewsFevsBCFC

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:33 - Dec 7 by tractordownsouth

Think it’s fair to say it won’t be Pearson either. He has seen first hand of taking over what Ashton has left behind. I can only imagine he wasn’t very impressed.
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:56 - Dec 7 with 1936 viewsportmanking

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:41 - Dec 7 by FevsBCFC

Think it’s fair to say it won’t be Pearson either. He has seen first hand of taking over what Ashton has left behind. I can only imagine he wasn’t very impressed.

It's certainly your imagination, because he has applied.
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 11:08 - Dec 7 with 1881 viewsFevsBCFC

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:56 - Dec 7 by portmanking

It's certainly your imagination, because he has applied.

Of course he has.
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 11:12 - Dec 7 with 1850 viewsportmanking

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 11:08 - Dec 7 by FevsBCFC

Of course he has.

His wife is born and bred Ipswich and keen to move back to the area. Pearson's been keen on the job 2-3 times in the past. He's definitely applied.
Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 11:15 - Dec 7 with 1833 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I've heard that Alex Ferguson has finished cataloguing his stamp collection and is becoming bored with needlestitch.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 11:16 - Dec 7 with 1811 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 10:16 - Dec 7 by GavTWTD

Boo. Rubbish def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 11:18 - Dec 7 with 1788 viewsArnieM

Farke

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ashton references managers from a higher level... on 11:18 - Dec 7 with 1786 viewsGavTWTD

https://www.nigelpearson.net/

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024