Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best way of getting to The Valley? 10:38 - Dec 7 with 958 viewsWallingford_Boy

Via train.

Is it to Charlton mainline, or North Greenwich underground?

RIP Sir Bobby

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:41 - Dec 7 with 928 viewsFreddies_Ears

Charing X or London Bridge direct to Charlton, takes 20 mins or so, very frequent.
Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:50 - Dec 7 with 888 viewsclive_baker

North Greenwich is only a few stops from Stratford on the Jubilee line, however when you get there you're either looking at a 30-35 minute walk to the Valley, or a 5-10 minute walk to Greenwich main station, and a 7 minute train from there.

I'm going to Greenwich because my mate lives there and I used to, so we're doing a bit of a pub crawl this afternoon near the river, and towards the grounnd, and I don't mind a walk.

Probably most fans will go in to London Bridge and get the train from there (15 - 20 mins). It's a bit counter productive going into central to come back out rather than cutting under the river but perhaps less faff.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:53 - Dec 7 with 871 viewsunbelievablue

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:50 - Dec 7 by clive_baker

North Greenwich is only a few stops from Stratford on the Jubilee line, however when you get there you're either looking at a 30-35 minute walk to the Valley, or a 5-10 minute walk to Greenwich main station, and a 7 minute train from there.

I'm going to Greenwich because my mate lives there and I used to, so we're doing a bit of a pub crawl this afternoon near the river, and towards the grounnd, and I don't mind a walk.

Probably most fans will go in to London Bridge and get the train from there (15 - 20 mins). It's a bit counter productive going into central to come back out rather than cutting under the river but perhaps less faff.

It's considerably longer than 5-10 mins walk to Greenwich mainline from North Greenwich tube, more like 45-50 minutes. If you were to go to North Greenwich there are buses directly to the ground, though they are always extremely busy. You could walk to Westcombe Park and get a train 1 stop to Charlton, but again, may as well walk to the Valley.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 10:57]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

London Bridge is 15mins to Charlton main line... on 10:55 - Dec 7 with 850 viewsunstableblue

walk to Moorgate from Liverpool Street.. 3mins walk.. Northern Line to London Bridge

Loads of good pubs around London Bridge

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:56 - Dec 7 with 836 viewsleitrimblue

Just walk downwards from the top of any hill
Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:58 - Dec 7 with 816 viewsclive_baker

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:53 - Dec 7 by unbelievablue

It's considerably longer than 5-10 mins walk to Greenwich mainline from North Greenwich tube, more like 45-50 minutes. If you were to go to North Greenwich there are buses directly to the ground, though they are always extremely busy. You could walk to Westcombe Park and get a train 1 stop to Charlton, but again, may as well walk to the Valley.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 10:57]

You're quite right, I meant bus, but that is also traffic dependant.

I would say if you're going into Liv St just go to London Bridge and get the train back out. I'm looking forward to being back in Greenwich, lived there for 6 years and not been out there since the summer.

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:59 - Dec 7 with 795 viewsunbelievablue

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:58 - Dec 7 by clive_baker

You're quite right, I meant bus, but that is also traffic dependant.

I would say if you're going into Liv St just go to London Bridge and get the train back out. I'm looking forward to being back in Greenwich, lived there for 6 years and not been out there since the summer.

It's great isn't it? I hope to drag some of my mates there or to Blackheath rather than all evening in LB.

I suspect one of the quickest routes directly to Charlton would be Ips > Stratford, DLR to Woolwich Arsenal, 2 stops to Charlton.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 11:05 - Dec 7 with 759 viewsclive_baker

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 10:59 - Dec 7 by unbelievablue

It's great isn't it? I hope to drag some of my mates there or to Blackheath rather than all evening in LB.

I suspect one of the quickest routes directly to Charlton would be Ips > Stratford, DLR to Woolwich Arsenal, 2 stops to Charlton.

Quality area, Greenwich / Blackheath / parts of Lewisham. Some great pubs, amazing places to eat, green spaces, beautiful views. I miss it a lot at times, don't miss the price of property though. Definitely a better place to be drinking than LB in my humble opinion but I can see the appeal of a few pints in the George with a lot of Town fans.

We're starting early so I dare so I won't remember too much about the game.

Login to get fewer ads

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 11:43 - Dec 7 with 671 viewsWallingford_Boy

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 11:05 - Dec 7 by clive_baker

Quality area, Greenwich / Blackheath / parts of Lewisham. Some great pubs, amazing places to eat, green spaces, beautiful views. I miss it a lot at times, don't miss the price of property though. Definitely a better place to be drinking than LB in my humble opinion but I can see the appeal of a few pints in the George with a lot of Town fans.

We're starting early so I dare so I won't remember too much about the game.

Cheers all x

RIP Sir Bobby

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 11:48 - Dec 7 with 645 viewsPendejo

Charlton

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 12:27 - Dec 7 with 574 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Get on at the station and then,
into the valley
betrothed and divine
realisations no virtue
but who can define
why soldiers go marching
those amsses a line
this disease is catching
from victory to stone
ahoy! ahoy! land, sea and sky
ahoy!ahoy! boy, man and soldier
ahoy! ahoy! deceived and then punctured
ahoy! ahoy! long may they die
out of concealment
blank and stark eyed
why so uncertain
this culture deceives
prophesised, brainwashed
tomorrows demise
all systems failing
the placards unroll
ahoy! ahoy! land, sea and sky
ahoy! ahoy! boy, man and soldier
ahoy! ahoy! deceived and then punctured
ahoy! ahoy! long may they die
time for the audit
the gathering trial
a collectors dilemma
repositioned and filed

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Best way of getting to The Valley? on 13:12 - Dec 7 with 477 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jet pack, surely?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024