Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever 11:57 - Dec 7 with 2153 viewssuffolkpoker

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/ipswich-town

Current Top 5

Harris
Bircham
Manning
McGreal
Yallop

If i had to pick of the 5 i would say Manning for what he has done at MK dons but a massive gamble.

Surely there are others who are not on that list. Just seems a bit meh!

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:00 - Dec 7 with 1797 viewsDavoIPB

Look at the picture of Mick on the site - sums it up really.
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:02 - Dec 7 with 1767 viewssuffolkpoker

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:00 - Dec 7 by DavoIPB

Look at the picture of Mick on the site - sums it up really.

haha his best trout face.

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:03 - Dec 7 with 1763 viewsclive_baker

Genuinely I'm warming to Warnock, which I never thought I would say. On a short term deal until the end of the season, with a view to 1 more if we show an uptick. Priority 1 has to be getting out of this division, and I think he's a safe pair of hands that would perhaps give us the best shot of doing it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:05 - Dec 7 with 1730 viewsDurovigutum

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:03 - Dec 7 by clive_baker

Genuinely I'm warming to Warnock, which I never thought I would say. On a short term deal until the end of the season, with a view to 1 more if we show an uptick. Priority 1 has to be getting out of this division, and I think he's a safe pair of hands that would perhaps give us the best shot of doing it.

I really don't like Colin, but I agree with you. Get him in until the end of the season, big promotion bonus, approach a new manager once there's been a full season to better appraise some of the runners and riders.
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:09 - Dec 7 with 1691 viewssuffolkpoker

I like Warnock and let him have a shot at promotion.
He always said he would walk to the Ipswich job.

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:18 - Dec 7 with 1627 viewsGeoffSentence

Gary White not thrown his hat into the ring this time?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:19 - Dec 7 with 1623 viewsZx1988

This is your daily reminder that the 'next manager' market is not influenced by who is most likely to get the job.

It is influenced by whoever has had a fiver stuck on them recently.

Pop down to your bookie of choice, stick a few quid on your outsider of choice, and watch them rise up the order.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:37 - Dec 7 with 1503 viewsJ2BLUE

The thing to remember about manager markets is that all bets count so if someone completely off the radar gets the job every bet on everyone on that list would be settled as a loser.

The more random names they put up the better for them.

Essentially these markets mean very little at this early stage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:41 - Dec 7 with 1477 viewstractorboy1978

There's no chance Warnock would work in a structure where he cedes virtually all control/power to Ashton/Rolls/a recruitment team.
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:47 - Dec 7 with 1431 viewsJimmy86

I would hazard a guess and say it is likely going to be someone Ashton has worked with before (Johnson or Appleton, people seem to hate Johnson though, which is surprising) Mcgreal IF he does well in this interim basis or Manning, with his town links (bit too untested for me though)

I would also chuck in Karl Robinson as a name I like.
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:51 - Dec 7 with 1380 viewsHerbivore

Would hate to bring Warnock in, I'd rather we'd stuck with Cook.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:54 - Dec 7 with 1379 viewsclive_baker

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:47 - Dec 7 by Jimmy86

I would hazard a guess and say it is likely going to be someone Ashton has worked with before (Johnson or Appleton, people seem to hate Johnson though, which is surprising) Mcgreal IF he does well in this interim basis or Manning, with his town links (bit too untested for me though)

I find the Lee Johnson link a curious one. I know he's from Suffolk and known to Ashton, but would he leave Sunderland right now? They've also got deep pockets, albeit his Chariman is about 11. They're doing quite well too, only 2 points off top.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:57 - Dec 7 with 1359 viewsBluesky

Me too. But he lives in Cornwall and is over 70. I'd be surprised if he takes the bait; but not unhappy.
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:01 - Dec 7 with 1311 viewsRyorry

From the point of view of who's out there who might actually be interested in coming to us, the "market" seems pretty limited right now compared to the options there've been in the past, or is that just me?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:06 - Dec 7 with 1270 viewsBlueBadger

Think we’ve made a big mistake sacking Cook now by BlueBadger 6 Dec 2021 17:03
I strongly suspect that any of the early runners listed are the result of fools making speculative bets, rather than genuine candidates.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:13 - Dec 7 with 1229 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 12:47 - Dec 7 by Jimmy86

If we've sacked Cook to bring in Johnson or Appleton that's madness and I v much hope Ashton is telling Ryan Lowe that PNE is a long fight against the drop where as Town have the structure for him to really make a name for himself. Even Manning is a risk. If its any of the other candidates linked so far I think its a backwards step

Sunderland fans would drive Johnson down here I reckon.

Appleton has Lincoln 18th and I'd trading off 1 good season some years ago.

Robinson is journeyman Merey go round appointment.

Meanwhile we've sacked a manager with a track record of promotion after just 4 months with a new squad.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:17 - Dec 7 with 1183 viewsHerbivore

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:13 - Dec 7 by BlueandTruesince82

If we've sacked Cook to bring in Johnson or Appleton that's madness and I v much hope Ashton is telling Ryan Lowe that PNE is a long fight against the drop where as Town have the structure for him to really make a name for himself. Even Manning is a risk. If its any of the other candidates linked so far I think its a backwards step

Sunderland fans would drive Johnson down here I reckon.

Appleton has Lincoln 18th and I'd trading off 1 good season some years ago.

Robinson is journeyman Merey go round appointment.

Meanwhile we've sacked a manager with a track record of promotion after just 4 months with a new squad.

Didn't Appleton have a good season just last season?

I wouldn't want Johnson but is he really a downgrade on Cook? Took the Sunderland job just a few months before we appointed Cook and has them in the top 6 and challenging for promotion whilst we languish in midtable, having also taken them to the play offs last year whilst our season fizzled out.

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:32 - Dec 7 with 1133 viewsJimmy86

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:17 - Dec 7 by Herbivore

I wouldn't want Johnson but is he really a downgrade on Cook? Took the Sunderland job just a few months before we appointed Cook and has them in the top 6 and challenging for promotion whilst we languish in midtable, having also taken them to the play offs last year whilst our season fizzled out.

I would love Lowe, or Johnson... it would appear that Lowe is in the running for the Preston job.

Johnson would be a good appointment in my opinion.. also what does that say about us if Cook goes onto better things at a championship club (Preston for example) as that wouldn't be inconceivable
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:37 - Dec 7 with 1083 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:17 - Dec 7 by Herbivore

I think so yes. Until they got lucky against us Sunderlsnd were on a dire run, their initial momentum when he joined last season tailed off and the same looks like its happening this year.

Look at thir results, hammered by Ritherham and Pompmey and Wed's. Only difference is they started the season better with a squad that was somewhat more familiar to each other than ours was.

TBF Lincoln did make play offs last year but I still don't see what Appleton has done as a manager to warrant the job, this season they have gone backwards.

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever (n/t) on 13:38 - Dec 7 with 1074 viewsMatterhorn

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:37 - Dec 7 by BlueandTruesince82

I think so yes. Until they got lucky against us Sunderlsnd were on a dire run, their initial momentum when he joined last season tailed off and the same looks like its happening this year.

Look at thir results, hammered by Ritherham and Pompmey and Wed's. Only difference is they started the season better with a squad that was somewhat more familiar to each other than ours was.

TBF Lincoln did make play offs last year but I still don't see what Appleton has done as a manager to warrant the job, this season they have gone backwards.

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:43 - Dec 7 with 1032 viewsHerbivore

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:37 - Dec 7 by BlueandTruesince82

So despite Johnson doing a demonstrably better job at Sunderland than Cook did here you maintain he'd be a downgrade? Have to agree to disagree on that.

I'd say Appleton making the play offs with Lincoln is probably why he's in the running. Where they are now isn't far off par for them given the size of the club and the resources at their disposal. It's a step back from last season but last season he was responsible for taking them forward and transforming the way they played.

We need to stop comparing managers to Cook in terms of CV. For whatever reason Cook did a really bad job here and I imagine several managers that look less impressive on paper could do a better job than he did.

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:49 - Dec 7 with 1015 viewsSchmoke

Looking at that list I can't even fathom the series of events that would need to take place inside somebodies head to even consider putting a bet on f@#&ing Steve Evans.
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever (n/t) on 13:49 - Dec 7 with 1008 viewsMatterhorn

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever (n/t) on 13:38 - Dec 7 by Matterhorn

Thing is the pressure is now on Ashton to appoint someone to get us up, which is why he will probably go with a candidate he has worked with before, if he gets it wrong it will be him getting the call from the Americans to clear his desk & his reputation in tatters, someone will have to really come across really well in the interview process to be considered in front of someone he thinks he can trust, gonna be interesting
Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 14:01 - Dec 7 with 912 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 13:43 - Dec 7 by Herbivore

So despite Johnson doing a demonstrably better job at Sunderland than Cook did here you maintain he'd be a downgrade? Have to agree to disagree on that.

I'd say Appleton making the play offs with Lincoln is probably why he's in the running. Where they are now isn't far off par for them given the size of the club and the resources at their disposal. It's a step back from last season but last season he was responsible for taking them forward and transforming the way they played.

We need to stop comparing managers to Cook in terms of CV. For whatever reason Cook did a really bad job here and I imagine several managers that look less impressive on paper could do a better job than he did.

I think that's a very personal interpretation of what I was saying

Most uninspiring manager short list odds ever on 14:26 - Dec 7 with 816 viewsHighgateBlue

Harris has not really been mentioned much on here. Do we know why he's quite so short in the betting? I appreciate that this is not a very mature market, or one with loads of volume, but for him to be Evens with BetVictor surely indicates a fair few bets on him. On paper there are a fair few obvious horses in the race, and Ashton's comments certainly indicates that there are many potential applicants. For one horse to be Evens certainly puzzles me, especially when he hasn't really attracted much interest with the fanbase.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024