Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players 23:12 - Dec 7 with 878 viewsCopfordBlue

Proper supporters don’t do that, especially to players who are still settling in at a new club. Regardless of their profession, they are young men adapting to life here. One of their main reasons for joining has just been sacked. Cut them a bit of slack, encourage and support them and if you can’t do that then at least stop short of rubbishing them. As a fanbase we’re better than that.

A few weeks ago Morsy was being hailed on here as the man who was going to be the difference. Tonight it seems as if he’s regarded as one of the worst players we’ve ever had. He’s neither.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:13 - Dec 7 with 842 viewshomer_123

He's our Captain....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:15 - Dec 7 with 826 viewsitfcsuth

Fans have followed this club for years and years around the country (and largely on long and expensive travels)

For far too long it’s been a one way relationship.

It’s moronic to jump on the pitch and get in the face of players. Voicing anger from the stands after a display like that though, I can’t see how you can criticise that.
Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:15 - Dec 7 with 817 viewsCopfordBlue

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:13 - Dec 7 by homer_123

He's our Captain....

Who had a poor game and is a bit out of form. It happens. Nobody seemed to be questioning his appointment as captain a few weeks ago.

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:17 - Dec 7 with 773 viewsCopfordBlue

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:15 - Dec 7 by itfcsuth

Fans have followed this club for years and years around the country (and largely on long and expensive travels)

For far too long it’s been a one way relationship.

It’s moronic to jump on the pitch and get in the face of players. Voicing anger from the stands after a display like that though, I can’t see how you can criticise that.

Our fans are the best thing about our club. Us and our history are all we have. It’s more the singling out of players and the level of criticism that seems unwarranted and I am really referring to the written comments than the boos at the end of the game.

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:21 - Dec 7 with 744 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s a heck of a take. Lowest league position in 60 years and you want to give this squad a pat on the head?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:23 - Dec 7 with 703 viewsitfcsuth

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:17 - Dec 7 by CopfordBlue

Our fans are the best thing about our club. Us and our history are all we have. It’s more the singling out of players and the level of criticism that seems unwarranted and I am really referring to the written comments than the boos at the end of the game.

I think it’s natural to criticise individuals performances, its what fans do - I again must stress it should never be personal to a player, but to criticise their performance is not an issue in my opinion, every fan does it.

Surely you weren’t expecting anything other than boos after that though?
Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:24 - Dec 7 with 697 viewsSuperCoops

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:21 - Dec 7 by Illinoisblue

That’s a heck of a take. Lowest league position in 60 years and you want to give this squad a pat on the head?

In fairness, the OP isn't saying that. Don't jump to the opposite extreme in typical ITFC fan-stylee.
Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:24 - Dec 7 with 690 viewsCopfordBlue

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:21 - Dec 7 by Illinoisblue

So is slagging them off individually going to make them want to give their all for the club and try to get us moving in the right direction? It’s hardly their fault that this club has been rotting for 15 years. Most of them were still at school when the problems started.

Login to get fewer ads

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:26 - Dec 7 with 660 viewsJ2BLUE

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:13 - Dec 7 by homer_123

He's our Captain....

Bring back Chambo

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:31 - Dec 7 with 614 viewsRyorry

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:24 - Dec 7 by CopfordBlue

So is slagging them off individually going to make them want to give their all for the club and try to get us moving in the right direction? It’s hardly their fault that this club has been rotting for 15 years. Most of them were still at school when the problems started.

They've had plenty of support till now, but when you read of them (I didn't see game) not bothering to put much effort or fight in, you can't blame supporters who've committed their own time, effort & hard-earned cash to go & watch them, saying exactly what they think of those players.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:35 - Dec 7 with 568 viewscambblue

The issue is so many fans don’t really deserve an opinion as they have never played football at a reasonable level and so don’t understand the standards and expectations of
the game.

I have and was also at the game this evening. Which was dire, abject and one of the worst performances even in this league I have seen. when the fans do everything to be there, the team should so better.
Disappointed at how many on here are slagging off the players on 23:39 - Dec 7 with 528 viewsBluedandy

One of the worst performances witnessed in decades and, yawn, people think it's time to single out fans as the problem..

Every football club has an element... it's completely irrelevant...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024