Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How on earth 06:53 - Dec 8 with 537 viewsphillev231069

does a side have such a massive overhaul and change in staff end up back to where it was before it? I'm at a loss. Let's face it we all support a club which probably has the most comedy value in the league and it's just really sad! So much work to do in putting this right and at this moment in time I don't know whose capable of doing it.
How on earth on 06:56 - Dec 8 with 515 viewsBlueBadger

The bloke was clearly just unlucky. Inherited a squadful that would go missing all game then went out and bought another 19 of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How on earth on 07:03 - Dec 8 with 477 viewswkj

Too much, too soon.

We were not very smart in the transfer window. We built from the front to the back, rather than back to the front. The defense was our lightest area with Wilson and Chambers going and the area that was shoved together whilst we were signing every AM player we could - whilst recklessly stifling the development of Louis Barry.

Cook's recruitment was miles ahead of Hurst's overhaul - but still far from smart. So no matter how good Cook was, he ended up with a bloated attack and an anemic defense.

So, GC20 needs to look at this transfer window, and summer, very carefully. We need a strong defense (Sorry, Toto and Wolfenden are not consistent enough for me, Burgess just isn't good). We also need a solution on the left, Couson is crocked, Penney isn't that great at defending, Clement is nowhere close to ready, Kenlock is uninspiring at best.

Get a good left back in, good defense in - and someone to knock some sense into Morsy (or replace him if that's what it takes, as his performance last night felt close to deliberate) - we have a team we can start progressing with.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How on earth on 07:54 - Dec 8 with 352 viewsSenatorBlue

I know, frustrating as hell isn’t it! Our current set up is light and day versus the Evans/Lambert show, but somehow the result is the same. The one good thing to come out of the summer was the clear out, but I agree with previous posters, you build from the back and the spine of the team, not the front, wings and midfield.

Next transfer windows need to be fine tuning, and primarily sorting out our defence. I rate only Walton and Edmundson at the back, as good enough for where we want to be.

The other thing needed is to wrestle out all those who think they are to good for the team and league, and more importantly show it not by dominating the games and showing that they are, but breezing through games like it doesn’t matter or it will just happen.

I won’t ever give up on this season, and the owners, Ashton, team and new coach, have one hell of task now to get back to where we were just a few weeks back (in terms of pulling in same direction, not results). It’s actually quite an achievement how quickly the wheels have fallen off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024