Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very difficult to see where we go from here 09:20 - Dec 8 with 281 viewsAsa

More players in January is hardly the answer. We have brought in 19 players, the vast majority of which are either proven to be top players at this level or the level above, therefore we already have enough ability in the building.

The supporters have been phenomenal, but let down last night by a minority of idiots. People will naturally voice their frustrations, but altercations and any comments beyond disappointment in the performance or desire are completely out of order. Only so long that the fans can continue to back the side in good numbers.

Ashton didn't appoint Cook. We are miles off where we should be. I really liked Cook, was supremely confident he would turn us around and ignored last season, his poor record and the demolition of the squad because I could see what he was doing. But you can't get to a seasons worth of games with a squad you inherited around the playoffs and the second half of that tenure with a squad good enough to get promotion and be where we currently are, on the back of performances being so poor too.

An inexperienced up and coming manager may struggle to turn around a group of talented players that seem to be in a collective slump. An old head like Warnock might kick them up the backside and get them playing in the short term, but he is hardly what the long term vision suggests, unless we simply try and get out of the division, which likely means said manager, against the actual vision, being here for at least 18 months given this season now looks impossible.

The new owners can hardly remove Ashton so early into his tenure (at this stage I don't think Ashton can be blamed for much) but if the next appointment is largely down to Ashton's recommendations and it's wrong, then replacing him undermines all the good will with the fans that the owners know what they are doing.

It just all seems like an absolute mess. A month ago I witnessed one of the best away days I can recall and it looked like we'd finally clicked and gelled and that's been followed up by a goal drought, falling to beat League Two sides and U21 teams, being lucky to beat the bottom side and failing to take points off a number of rivals.

At a time like this, you'd want a Holland or a Butcher or a Mowbray or someone that bleeds Blue and White to try and spark something, yet we have a recently appointed captain that looks, sounds and plays like he never wanted to be here when his old gaffer was in charge, let alone now.

And to top it all off, the one player that stopped us being absolutely humiliated last night, who I'd love to see signed permanently was assaulted and may well reconsider any thoughts he had of staying beyond his loan.

At least when it was Evans or Lambert you could wish for a new ownership group, a competent CEO, talented players and deep pockets. Not sure what to hope for now!

Better catering?
Very difficult to see where we go from here on 09:31 - Dec 8 with 242 viewsGuthrum

I agree we don't need another raft of new signings. Just makes more work getting them all bedded in. A couple of astute additions may be required, but no more than that.

What we want more than anything is a manager who can galvanise and organise the players into a motivated and functional team which is capable of winning matches on a regular basis. In a lot of ways, it doesn't matter if that is a fairly short term appointment, we just need to get out of this present stall and into forward/upward motion again. Give us something to build upon.

Under present circumstances, having a good go during the rest of the season, keeping alive a chance of the play-offs, will raise fan morale a great deal. If nothing else, because they will have seen a lot of victories.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024