Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... 10:54 - Dec 8 with 10743 viewsKieran_Knows

... John Terry of interest as well.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 10:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:56 - Dec 8 with 4750 viewsitfcsuth

That would be one very very expensive manager.
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:56 - Dec 8 with 4739 viewsBseaBlue

Terry I could understand but I cannot see Lampard joining us when he turned down the scum in the prem just a few weeks ago!
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:57 - Dec 8 with 4710 views_sanctimoanious_

seems made-up
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:58 - Dec 8 with 4665 viewsChrisd

I'd certainly take Frank Lampard, that would be an exciting appointment, but I genuinely can't see him or John Terry dropping down to manage a club in L1. Both their aspirations will be much higher.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 10:59]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:59 - Dec 8 with 4635 viewsIllinoisblue

That green tick icon alongside “sources” has me convinced.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:59 - Dec 8 with 4613 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:56 - Dec 8 by BseaBlue

Terry I could understand but I cannot see Lampard joining us when he turned down the scum in the prem just a few weeks ago!

It would be bloody hilarious if he did though!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:00 - Dec 8 with 4596 viewssaffers12

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:59 - Dec 8 by Illinoisblue

They are normally very reliable
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:00 - Dec 8 with 4578 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:59 - Dec 8 by Illinoisblue

Tbf they are the more reliable out of this stuff. They did the story on Sonny Bradley turning us down before it happened. Not saying its true, but... you never know
Login to get fewer ads

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:00 - Dec 8 with 4573 viewsstrikalite

Still my number one choice is Lampard..

He would give the whole place a lift imo...

Be a serious statement.
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:01 - Dec 8 with 4563 viewsJDB23

Isn't football insider quite a reliable source usually?

I can't see Lampard willing to drop here but I actually would be up for that. We are in a dark place right now and he would at least bring a buzz of excitement back to the fans and players. You'd think he would have learned a lot from his Chelsea experience too and will obviously have a pull that most managers at this level could only dream of.
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:03 - Dec 8 with 4492 viewsSomethingBlue

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:00 - Dec 8 by abracaDOBRA_

Tbf they are the more reliable out of this stuff. They did the story on Sonny Bradley turning us down before it happened. Not saying its true, but... you never know

Wayne Veysey is an experienced journo with good knowledge of certain aspects of the London scene tbf, so while I offer no comment on the rumour itself this isn't some blogger or kid.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:04 - Dec 8 with 4464 viewsstrikalite

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:01 - Dec 8 by JDB23

Isn't football insider quite a reliable source usually?

I can't see Lampard willing to drop here but I actually would be up for that. We are in a dark place right now and he would at least bring a buzz of excitement back to the fans and players. You'd think he would have learned a lot from his Chelsea experience too and will obviously have a pull that most managers at this level could only dream of.

Agree, unveiling him against Sunderland would at least give us a huge lift...
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:04 - Dec 8 with 4455 viewsRyorry

IF true (big if) we need someone who's either prepared to kick some of our players up their backsides and/or who the players respect enough to start putting the required effort in. Whilst Lampard might be able to do both, would our lot respect JT at all??

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:04 - Dec 8 with 4459 viewsportmanking

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:03 - Dec 8 by SomethingBlue

Wayne Veysey is an experienced journo with good knowledge of certain aspects of the London scene tbf, so while I offer no comment on the rumour itself this isn't some blogger or kid.

Ashton said the first task would be responding to agents touting their managers out. Could it simply be that the club have touched base with Lampard's agent? I highly doubt Lampard will be up for this gig.
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:04 - Dec 8 with 4449 viewsSomethingBlue

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 10:56 - Dec 8 by BseaBlue

He didn't turn them down, they wouldn't have offered him the job. Very hard to see how this one attracts him and if I were ITFC I would want to see *extremely* rigorous preparation from him in any interview, that would be a huge question mark for me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:05 - Dec 8 with 4420 viewsIllinoisblue

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:00 - Dec 8 by saffers12

They are normally very reliable

We shall see. Potentially an interesting one. Although aren’t most of their “sources” just stories plucked from elsewhere?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:05 - Dec 8 with 4424 viewsWeirdFishes

Whilst I’d be amazed if this came off, the fact we’ve even potentially considered doing this gives me hope we won’t end up with someone like Neil Lennon.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:08 - Dec 8 with 4314 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I very much doubt it.

But footy insider are usually very reliable.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:10 - Dec 8 with 4270 viewsitfcjoe

I think it'd be a cracking appointment, and show we really mean business as would have to give him a hell of a staff and salary

I don't see it though, must be out of our league?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:10 - Dec 8 with 4246 viewsPippin1970

Plausible, good for his CV if he got us to Championship etc, then move onto bigger club.
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:12 - Dec 8 with 4205 viewsitfcjoe

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:04 - Dec 8 by Ryorry

IF true (big if) we need someone who's either prepared to kick some of our players up their backsides and/or who the players respect enough to start putting the required effort in. Whilst Lampard might be able to do both, would our lot respect JT at all??

JT is one of the greatest captains of his generation - and a true leader. Of course he'd garner their respect

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:12 - Dec 8 with 4201 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I am 100% sure that the next manager will be another marque signing, one befitting both Ashtons ego and the USA finances.
Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:13 - Dec 8 with 4152 viewsGuthrum

Whatever the truth or otherwise of these links, it shows the calibre of man we're going after - or that people think we're going after.

The latter also giving some indication of whether it would be credible for such targets to seriously consider Town. If it's not thought far fetched by the press for those names to be seen in the hat, then the individuals themselves won't feel the need to reject us out of hand.

Which is a long-winded way of saying ITFC may have more clout in the managerial market than we fans, perhaps, believe.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:14 - Dec 8 with 4091 viewsRadlett_blue

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:10 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

I think it'd be a cracking appointment, and show we really mean business as would have to give him a hell of a staff and salary

Especially if he came with "Dodgy Harry" as Director of Football.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:15 - Dec 8 with 4075 viewsKieran_Knows

Town approach Frank Lampard for job.... on 11:10 - Dec 8 by itfcjoe

Has quite a big backroom staff IIRC. Jody Morris, Joe Edwards & another couple of staff as well.

Edit - not Joe Edwards, Chris Jones was his first team coach at Derby & Chelsea.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 11:22]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024