Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard didn't want the scum job... 11:42 - Dec 8 with 1840 viewsblueboyd

He is on his way to ITFC... hopefully.
Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 11:47 - Dec 8 with 1792 viewsclive_baker

I wouldn't read much in to the not wanting the Norwich job so why would he come to us thing. There's a whole load of reasons why he might not have wanted it, assuming that's true. It could've just been to protect his reputation, if he knew he was out of the running. He interviewed for it, so he obviously wanted it at some stage. He might've wanted to bring certain people in who they didn't want, or he might not have wanted the inevitable relgation on the CV, or the terms of the deal etc.

The reality is I think we're an attractive proposition. Ashton can sell the dream, we'll invest and we've shown that already. Lampard knows the area, knows Dedham well where he has or certainly had a place, as did his dad. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened particularly, but I do make Terry the more likely of the 2.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 11:48 - Dec 8 with 1783 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I very much doubt it, but it would be hilariously funny.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:00 - Dec 8 with 1704 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 11:48 - Dec 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

Imagine how easy it would be to win over ALL the support in one fell swoop.

Reporter: So Frank, you turned down Norwich in the Premier League but have accepted Ipswich in League 1. How come?
Frank: Despite where they are currently, Ipswich are still the pride of Anglia. Everyone knows it.

The internet would break.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:02 - Dec 8 with 1683 viewshomer_123

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:00 - Dec 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Reporter: So Frank, you turned down Norwich in the Premier League but have accepted Ipswich in League 1. How come?
Frank: Despite where they are currently, Ipswich are still the pride of Anglia. Everyone knows it.

Possibly not the best reason to appoint him though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:03 - Dec 8 with 1669 viewsIllinoisblue

And then we finish 10th and Norwich survive in the prem. < laughter ends >

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:13 - Dec 8 with 1612 viewsstringy

But why Lampard? He was blessed with riches at Chelsea but tactically failed (and let's face it the players there were never going to give up, they are sitting pretty in a club that's going to attract the very best), and was so-so at Derby (somewhere also used to splashing the cash).

He's hardly worked his way up the leagues showing that he can work with lesser quality characters, or work his magic in terms of shape and styles.

Sure he'd love to spend the US dollars, but I remain unconvinced.

Lucien Favre if we're shooting for the stars...
Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:22 - Dec 8 with 1542 viewsSaigonTractor

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:13 - Dec 8 by stringy

But why Lampard? He was blessed with riches at Chelsea but tactically failed (and let's face it the players there were never going to give up, they are sitting pretty in a club that's going to attract the very best), and was so-so at Derby (somewhere also used to splashing the cash).

He's hardly worked his way up the leagues showing that he can work with lesser quality characters, or work his magic in terms of shape and styles.

"and let's face it the players there were never going to give up,"

I'm sorry what? Chelsea players down tools every 3 seasons or so, it's a running joke.

I do think your underselling his Chelsea stint a bit, finishing in the CL spots under a transfer embargo after missing out the season prior under Conte.

I'm still not 100% sold on him, but honestly considering some of the other names linked I'd take him at this point.
Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:27 - Dec 8 with 1511 views_sanctimoanious_

what a narrative. "I turned down Norwich as knew a big job may be coming available soon" luvleh
Login to get fewer ads

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:16 - Dec 8 with 1336 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:02 - Dec 8 by homer_123

Possibly not the best reason to appoint him though.

That wouldn't be the best reason.

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:17 - Dec 8 with 1321 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 12:03 - Dec 8 by Illinoisblue

And then we finish 10th and Norwich survive in the prem. < laughter ends >

That could happen with Jesus Christ in charge!

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:26 - Dec 8 with 1251 viewshype313

The turnaround at Chelsea from when was in charge to a few weeks later under Tuchel was quite remarkable.

FWIW that Chelsea gig was far too early in his career, he needed to earn his stripes down the chain to prove himself, a little bit like Gerrard has done to give himself the best possible chance at Liverpool if it comes.

Timing wise I think this job could go a long way to restoring his managerial credentials.

Would still prefer Manning though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:31 - Dec 8 with 1233 viewsrickw

I hope so - he'll already have an affinity with the fans after apparently turning down Norwich!

He said no before as we were a poor Championship side with no money, now we're perhaps the richest club in L1 and on paper anyway have one of the strongest squads - so he'll think there's an opportunity for him to be successful here

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:48 - Dec 8 with 1161 viewstextbackup

Especially considering he’d come here and fail. And we start again

It’s just what happens with town

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:54 - Dec 8 with 1100 viewsjayessess

For
Big name buzz
Attractive to incoming players
Impressive to current squad
Derby season and Chelsea season 1, league position reflected money spent, so not actively incompetent
Seems to be rated as a coach

Against
Not a miracle worker, tactical genius
Expensive
No better than par performance at Derby, Chelsea
Media circus
No experience with L1 quality players

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:56 - Dec 8 with 1086 viewsHarleydavidsonBlue

10 out 10 for that comment. - C O Y B
Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 16:02 - Dec 8 with 986 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 14:31 - Dec 8 by rickw

I hope so - he'll already have an affinity with the fans after apparently turning down Norwich!

He said no before as we were a poor Championship side with no money, now we're perhaps the richest club in L1 and on paper anyway have one of the strongest squads - so he'll think there's an opportunity for him to be successful here

About this "Strongest squad" thing...

We have one of the best Goalkeepers in the division and 2 really quite poor deputies.

We have 4 good full backs.

Our Centre Backs all have strengths and weaknesses, but we haven't found a settled pairing who are better than the best central defensive units who have played against us.

We definitely don't have the best central midfield pairing, no matter what permutation of Morsy, Evans, Harper, El Mizouni and Carroll are played.

We have one very good wide player, Burns. But he is injured. Edwards is a wide player but doesn't have enough end product at the moment.

We have soooooooo many players who want to play the number 10 role: Celina, Fraser, Chaplin, Aluko (and Harper, for that matter).

We have a striker who was magnificent, but who is in a cold spell now, and one who hasn't got started.

We need:

One experienced central defender to take a lead.

One hard as nails central midfielder to allow Morsy to play more of a box-to-box role.

One left winger who is effective.

And to play 442 or 352.

Then we will have a very good squad, rather than a squad with far too many duplicates in some positions and gaps in quality in others.
Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 16:03 - Dec 8 with 969 viewsDeano69

It would make the season a touch more tolerable.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Lampard didn't want the scum job... on 16:03 - Dec 8 with 968 viewslazyblue

He would never come to mid table league 1 team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024