Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. 14:31 - Dec 8 with 1252 viewsBlueNomad

usually sung by unfit, overweight characters who didn't possess the skill / determination to succeed in a cut-throat occupation where the majority don't.

Perhaps they ought to read Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch chapter on Gus Caesar, although I should say it contains some quite big words.

I really hate that chant.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 14:33]
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 14:40 - Dec 8 with 1171 viewsKeno

when you say "overweight characters who didn't possess the skill / determination to succeed in a cut-throat occupation where the majority don't" isnt that a bit harsh on the team last night

I dont think any of them are overweight

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 14:43 - Dec 8 with 1140 viewsBlueNomad

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 14:40 - Dec 8 by Keno

when you say "overweight characters who didn't possess the skill / determination to succeed in a cut-throat occupation where the majority don't" isnt that a bit harsh on the team last night

I dont think any of them are overweight

They weren't doing the chanting
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 14:48 - Dec 8 with 1104 viewsJakeITFC

I think fit in that sense would mean applicable/acceptable (i.e. it was a fitting tribute) rather than any comment on their athletic ability.

Don't think anybody could argue that the vast majority of the performances of players for Ipswich last night were suitable for a club of our size or reputation.
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 15:30 - Dec 8 with 999 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Perhaps you ought to look up 'fit' in the dictionary, where you'll discover there are different meanings for it other than the one you've gone for.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 15:37 - Dec 8 with 945 viewsJ2BLUE

That chant is not aimed at their level of skill. It's about fight and desire.

Not suggesting it was right as I was not there to see the performance but you are missing the point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:05 - Dec 8 with 804 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I once had a couple of clients shout and point their fingers at me.....
"you're not fit to pick my plums"

My fruit picking soon improved.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:07 - Dec 8 with 774 viewsbazza

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:05 - Dec 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

Who were your clients? Jimmy and Rolf?
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:07 - Dec 8 with 773 viewsfooters

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:05 - Dec 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

Was that the only thing he asked you to do with his plums?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:11 - Dec 8 with 749 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:07 - Dec 8 by footers

Was that the only thing he asked you to do with his plums?

I was always told to never speak with my mouth full

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:13 - Dec 8 with 726 viewscressi

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:11 - Dec 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

I was always told to never speak with my mouth full

Dont matter if the individual is 25 stones his not there to play and his money is the same as Brad Pitts entitled to sing what he wants
[Redacted] on 17:30 - Dec 8 with 667 viewsvictorywilhappen

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:13 - Dec 8 by cressi

Dont matter if the individual is 25 stones his not there to play and his money is the same as Brad Pitts entitled to sing what he wants

[Redacted]
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:34 - Dec 8 with 647 viewscressi

[Redacted] on 17:30 - Dec 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

No it wasn't lol
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"................................. on 17:34 - Dec 8 with 641 viewsKeno

[Redacted] on 17:30 - Dec 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Brings a while you meaning to

'Just one cornetto, now hanging free"

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024