Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Rowe 11:02 - Dec 9 with 4289 viewsportmanking

Chesterfield boss. Has applied for the PR hotseat.
James Rowe on 11:05 - Dec 9 with 3529 viewsitfcjoe

Be nice for him to come back home

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

James Rowe on 11:06 - Dec 9 with 3521 viewsChurchman

He’s not Duncan’s love child is he?? One ex-Chesterfield is enough!
James Rowe on 11:06 - Dec 9 with 3519 viewsfarkenhell

I confess I don't know anything about him, although the last manager we poached from Chesterfield didn't exactly work out!
James Rowe on 11:06 - Dec 9 with 3515 viewsWacko

Great. Born in Ipswich. In my top 5

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

James Rowe on 11:08 - Dec 9 with 3459 viewsKieran_Knows

Has he got a dedicated backroom staff? If so, would all be joining him?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

James Rowe on 11:08 - Dec 9 with 3456 viewsStokieBlue

James Rowe on 11:05 - Dec 9 by itfcjoe

Be nice for him to come back home

I'll admit I've never heard of him.

62% win percentage is rather good though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

James Rowe on 11:09 - Dec 9 with 3437 viewsportmanking

James Rowe on 11:06 - Dec 9 by Wacko

Great. Born in Ipswich. In my top 5

Indeed he is. The son of Colwyn who had something of a nomadic coaching career himself.

Appears his son is highly regarded and came through the Johan Cruyff Institute.
James Rowe on 11:09 - Dec 9 with 3422 viewssaffers12

whilst still in a job? and you know about it, not great for him with Chesterfield if so
Login to get fewer ads

James Rowe on 11:11 - Dec 9 with 3381 viewsWD19

James Rowe on 11:09 - Dec 9 by saffers12

whilst still in a job? and you know about it, not great for him with Chesterfield if so

I am sure he notified his line manager and HR before applying.
James Rowe on 11:13 - Dec 9 with 3337 viewsIpswich24

James Rowe on 11:09 - Dec 9 by portmanking

Indeed he is. The son of Colwyn who had something of a nomadic coaching career himself.

Appears his son is highly regarded and came through the Johan Cruyff Institute.

I used to play under Colwyn and James was in team too at Ipswich Wanderers

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

James Rowe on 11:15 - Dec 9 with 3268 viewsCokeIsKey

Would take him over Lampard any day - very good technical coach and not just a big name. He would probably need an experienced assistant though as I think he'll struggle improving the mentality of the players on his own. Maybe him with someone like John McGreal to assist him.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

James Rowe on 11:18 - Dec 9 with 3206 viewsDanTheMan

It doesn't go into it on the wiki or the linked article, what was the deal with him being let go by West Ham?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

James Rowe on 11:25 - Dec 9 with 3062 viewsBlueandTruesince82

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-manager-james-rowe

Chesterfield fans will be thrilled after this

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

James Rowe on 11:32 - Dec 9 with 2992 viewsclive_baker

He's delusional if he thinks he has any chance of getting the job.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

James Rowe on 11:37 - Dec 9 with 2927 viewsfabian_illness

James used to come and train with Wanderers when he was a teenager.
Decent lad.
His Dad, on the other hand, wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
James Rowe on 11:37 - Dec 9 with 2921 viewsborge

James Rowe on 11:32 - Dec 9 by clive_baker

He's delusional if he thinks he has any chance of getting the job.

Not at all. He is very well respected within the game given the route he has taken to get into management. If the likes of Manning are genuinely being considered, then Rowe is by no means delusional to think he has a chance of getting it.

He has been very successful thus far, taking Gloucester to top of the National League South before moving onto Chesterfield. There he took them from third bottom to the play-offs last season and this season he has taken them top. Whilst I appreciate that is all at a lower level, he has more experience and better credentials than many of the names being mentioned and he is local.

I have been touting him as a future Town manager since before Cook was appointed and think that if he has applied and the owners do proper due diligence they will speak with him. If they speak with him then he has a very, very good chance of getting the job based on what I have heard about his Chesterfield interview.
James Rowe on 11:39 - Dec 9 with 2893 viewsWacko

James Rowe on 11:18 - Dec 9 by DanTheMan

It doesn't go into it on the wiki or the linked article, what was the deal with him being let go by West Ham?

There was another article online that said he was sacked for not treating the kids he was coaching very nicely. Right at the bottom it says there was no suggestion of any physical or sexual abuse.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

James Rowe on 11:40 - Dec 9 with 2883 viewsdirtyboy

James Rowe on 11:18 - Dec 9 by DanTheMan

His credentials look spot on other than that weird academy blemish with West Ham.

Risky with a lower league manager, but the kind of appointment many Ipswich Town fans would be happy with I suspect.

We know we need something different to the usual merry go round of managers.
James Rowe on 11:52 - Dec 9 with 2754 viewsitfcsuth

Only had 2 years in management, and has never managed higher than the national league.

Too big of a jump at the moment for me.

I have a feeling this group wouldn't respond to him.
James Rowe on 11:56 - Dec 9 with 2711 viewsDanTheMan

James Rowe on 11:39 - Dec 9 by Wacko

There was another article online that said he was sacked for not treating the kids he was coaching very nicely. Right at the bottom it says there was no suggestion of any physical or sexual abuse.

Yeah I saw the disclaimer, just wondering if anyone knew what is was as there is very little in the way of specifics there.

Hopefully he learned his lesson whatever it was.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

James Rowe on 12:01 - Dec 9 with 2562 viewsgramps

James Rowe on 11:15 - Dec 9 by CokeIsKey

Would take him over Lampard any day - very good technical coach and not just a big name. He would probably need an experienced assistant though as I think he'll struggle improving the mentality of the players on his own. Maybe him with someone like John McGreal to assist him.

Suggested him last week. Chesterfield did well in the cup last week and he did a good TV interview afterwards, Could be well worth interviewing if this story about applying is true.

GRAMPS

James Rowe on 12:03 - Dec 9 with 2532 viewsclive_baker

James Rowe on 11:37 - Dec 9 by borge

Not at all. He is very well respected within the game given the route he has taken to get into management. If the likes of Manning are genuinely being considered, then Rowe is by no means delusional to think he has a chance of getting it.

He has been very successful thus far, taking Gloucester to top of the National League South before moving onto Chesterfield. There he took them from third bottom to the play-offs last season and this season he has taken them top. Whilst I appreciate that is all at a lower level, he has more experience and better credentials than many of the names being mentioned and he is local.

I have been touting him as a future Town manager since before Cook was appointed and think that if he has applied and the owners do proper due diligence they will speak with him. If they speak with him then he has a very, very good chance of getting the job based on what I have heard about his Chesterfield interview.

He hasn't got a cat in hells chance of getting the job.

He's doing well at Chesterfield, I know him fairly well as we played together previously, but he is so far away from the profile of manager that our owners will be looking for.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

James Rowe on 12:06 - Dec 9 with 2490 viewsJackSted

Why is everyone gassed over a national league manager?

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

James Rowe on 12:11 - Dec 9 with 2430 viewsPattiswickBlue

When I first read this, I laughed, thought to myself no chance, who is this bloke?

However, after doing some research he actually has a very good background in coaching. At 27 years old, he became head of education at Birmingham City (as well as coach of the U16 & U17). He then moved onto a job working for the Premier League as a coaching advisor. He then moved onto West Ham as an assistant academy director. Although, at this point he did have an investigation made which meant he moved on from The Hammers, so that’s a bit of a red flag.

He then went to the Johan Cruyff institute in Amsterdam, to gain a masters in coaching, not to dissimilar to a certain Graham Potter. He then moved into professional football as an assistant manager for Aldershot in 2016, where he and Gary Waddock gained two successive play-off spots. After leaving Aldershot in 2019, he went onto manage Gloucester City where he guided them to the top of the National League North before being poached by Chesterfield in 2020. When he joined Chesterfield they were in the relegation zone, he took them on an incredible run and got them into the play-offs where they lost to Notts County. This season Chesterfield sit 1st in the National League, where he currently has a 61.4% win rate.

So, after all that could this man actually be a candidate? Definitely more inspiring then most being linked.
James Rowe on 12:39 - Dec 9 with 2183 viewsborge

James Rowe on 12:03 - Dec 9 by clive_baker

He hasn't got a cat in hells chance of getting the job.

He's doing well at Chesterfield, I know him fairly well as we played together previously, but he is so far away from the profile of manager that our owners will be looking for.

And what is that profile?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024