Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Harris 13:36 - Dec 9 with 2555 viewsDublinBlue84

What is everyone's thoughts? Pretty underwhelming to me.

However it does look on paper that it might be the kind of person they'd go for, with his record of a promotion and reaching play-offs.

He also has ties to East Anglia I believe, and a friend in Wales reckons he would be bang up for this job as he always admired the club and applied for it once before.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Neil Harris on 13:37 - Dec 9 with 2270 viewsBlueBlood90

I wouldn't have sacked Cook to appoint him let's put it that way.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Neil Harris on 13:38 - Dec 9 with 2253 viewsChurchman

No thanks
Neil Harris on 13:39 - Dec 9 with 2229 viewswkj

As is often the case in politics - He does seem like the least bad option.

Bircham ... just look into his history and make your mind up
Lampard ... it just isn't happening
Lennon ... may as well hire Lambert
Terry ... terrible history

The best option on the top of the bookie's list for me is Manning. Then there is a big gap, and 2nd place is Harris.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Neil Harris on 13:42 - Dec 9 with 2206 viewsclive_baker

He was in contention pre Cook. Had 2 rounds of interviews with ME. Can't say I would be over the moon but again he's someone who has managed in the Championship and did pretty well at Millwall.

He does have ties, which was how I knew of his talks with ME.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Neil Harris on 13:43 - Dec 9 with 2187 viewsfooters

Neil Harris on 13:42 - Dec 9 by clive_baker

He was in contention pre Cook. Had 2 rounds of interviews with ME. Can't say I would be over the moon but again he's someone who has managed in the Championship and did pretty well at Millwall.

Well, you'd hope he'd turn up in a suit to an interview.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Neil Harris on 13:53 - Dec 9 with 2136 viewsdavblue

If we are going for him i have serious doubts about the ownership and management teams ability to appoint a manager to fit the style of player we have.

He's a long ball merchant, we've recruited players to play a passing style of football and to now go left field to that will mean we will need to potentially rip up the players we have.
Neil Harris on 14:00 - Dec 9 with 2073 viewstractordownsouth

A mutual friend who is a Town fan seems to think he’s been contacted in the last couple of days, although that could be a load of balls.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Neil Harris on 14:05 - Dec 9 with 2035 viewsSomethingBlue

Harris was a Millwall man, knew that club inside out and knew exactly the fairly specific things required to manage it — and did it really well. He's a very nice guy to boot. But I haven't seen anything since then, even in his first season at Cardiff, that suggests he's a long-term appointment for a club like ITFC. So basically: decent bloke and no mug, but also no thanks.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Harris on 14:11 - Dec 9 with 1986 viewstractorboy1978

Neil Harris on 14:05 - Dec 9 by SomethingBlue

Harris was a Millwall man, knew that club inside out and knew exactly the fairly specific things required to manage it — and did it really well. He's a very nice guy to boot. But I haven't seen anything since then, even in his first season at Cardiff, that suggests he's a long-term appointment for a club like ITFC. So basically: decent bloke and no mug, but also no thanks.

Yes, I think the hometown club factor is often something glossed over and underestimated when people look at manager's CVs.
Neil Harris on 14:14 - Dec 9 with 1948 viewsDanTheMan

No thank you, I'd like to think we'd have a little more imagination than Harris.

That said I've been pretty much thought every managerial appointment we've made over the last 20 years or so had been decent at the time we employed them (except Lambert) so what the fook do I know.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 14:16]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Neil Harris on 14:28 - Dec 9 with 1875 viewsKeaneish

I've watched his football on a number of occasions. If people think Mick was 'hoofball', this guy is on another level. He's in the same league as Gareth Ainsworth's ie: launch it to the big man and look for the second ball knockdowns.

Nah.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Neil Harris on 14:33 - Dec 9 with 1809 viewsdavblue

Neil Harris on 14:28 - Dec 9 by Keaneish

I've watched his football on a number of occasions. If people think Mick was 'hoofball', this guy is on another level. He's in the same league as Gareth Ainsworth's ie: launch it to the big man and look for the second ball knockdowns.

Nah.

Tom Elliott incoming if we get him probably with another 6 foot 5inch bruiser alongside him.

As ive said below, we can't invest in a certain style of player then with the next appointment employ someone who's totally a 180. It's a waste of money, we have to recruit a manager who plays the same if not very similar style to Cook. That's how we move forward, not flip flopping with every manager and if they then aren't successful we end up with 3 different managers, with 3 different style of players recruited and we find ourselves in a mess again.
Neil Harris on 14:35 - Dec 9 with 1793 viewsIllinoisblue

Nah.

And the football we play currently is so effective and attractive….

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Neil Harris on 14:39 - Dec 9 with 1755 viewsitfcjoe

Yeh, it isn't one that gets the heart racing - probably wouldn't be a bad appointment though to get us going relatively quickly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Neil Harris on 14:41 - Dec 9 with 1720 viewsBeckets

Nah.

I’d rather we stick with John McGreal than get Harris in.
Neil Harris on 14:53 - Dec 9 with 1640 viewsITFC_Forever

No.

Makes Pulis look like Pep.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Neil Harris on 15:03 - Dec 9 with 1595 viewsMalcolmBlue

If we get Harris I shan’t bother watching

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Have you applied for the job.....? on 15:07 - Dec 9 with 1572 viewsBloots

Nah.

....you should because you know so much about tactics and football in general.

It's not a surprise though because you've played at a really high level and never miss an Ipswich match.

Not ever.

Honest.

#keanishin

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Have you applied for the job.....? on 15:43 - Dec 9 with 1465 viewsBlueBadger

Have you applied for the job.....? on 15:07 - Dec 9 by Bloots

....you should because you know so much about tactics and football in general.

It's not a surprise though because you've played at a really high level and never miss an Ipswich match.

Not ever.

Honest.

#keanishin

Sorry, as spokesperson for the Influential Half Dozen, I can tell you that he's already been blackballed.

The suggestion of applying to the Council to get Sir Alf Ramsey way renamed to 'Lambert Walk' was the final straw.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 18:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Neil Harris on 15:45 - Dec 9 with 1444 viewsNthQldITFC

NO, not on his own! He's useless without Orville.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Neil Harris on 17:06 - Dec 9 with 1307 viewsblueconscience

I cant see the Americans being happy with an uninspiring and mediocre manager. And a lot of the managers in the odds list are both uninspiring and mediocre, including Harris.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 17:16]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Neil Harris on 17:45 - Dec 9 with 1125 viewsChurchman

Neil Harris on 15:45 - Dec 9 by NthQldITFC

NO, not on his own! He's useless without Orville.

I’d rather have Orville than Harris
Neil Harris on 17:53 - Dec 9 with 1052 viewsgordon

He 100% looks like an Ashton type of bloke

Neil Harris on 17:54 - Dec 9 with 1050 viewsChurchman

Millwall sacked him. Cardiff sacked him. The only upside in appointing him is he’ll be gone by Easter.
Neil Harris on 17:59 - Dec 9 with 1012 viewsgordon

Neil Harris on 17:54 - Dec 9 by Churchman

Millwall sacked him. Cardiff sacked him. The only upside in appointing him is he’ll be gone by Easter.

Yes, think in our current position we're better off with someone really crap rather than slightly crap, giving them enough time to be sacked before the end of the season, giving us a chance of promotion next year.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 17:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024