Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Scowcroft 15:44 - Dec 9 with 1021 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For some reason I was thinking back to our better times.

I always thought that the big misses in the relegation season were Wright and Stewie.

What was the rationale behind Scowie being sold? He played a lot in the season we finished 5th. Was his role underrated?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

James Scowcroft on 16:34 - Dec 9 with 890 viewsChurchman

He wasn’t really first choice in 2000/01, due to Stewart. We also had Naylor playing well and Alun Armstrong came in at some point. Somehow, Scowcroft just fell out of favour. This is just memory so correct me if I’m wrong.

I liked Scowcroft. Good player. He had heart and a lot of ability for a sizeable bloke. He was important to the squad who clearly thought a lot of him - he led the team out at Wembley 2000 which was nice. Lack of pace was the main drawback.

Losing Stewart with injury and Richard Wright in addition to the peculiar signings Burley made killed us. Such a shame.
James Scowcroft on 16:43 - Dec 9 with 853 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

James Scowcroft on 16:34 - Dec 9 by Churchman

He wasn’t really first choice in 2000/01, due to Stewart. We also had Naylor playing well and Alun Armstrong came in at some point. Somehow, Scowcroft just fell out of favour. This is just memory so correct me if I’m wrong.

I liked Scowcroft. Good player. He had heart and a lot of ability for a sizeable bloke. He was important to the squad who clearly thought a lot of him - he led the team out at Wembley 2000 which was nice. Lack of pace was the main drawback.

Losing Stewart with injury and Richard Wright in addition to the peculiar signings Burley made killed us. Such a shame.

Apparently started 34 matches in the Prem for us.

I always thought he was more support to Stewie than competition.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

James Scowcroft on 18:00 - Dec 9 with 766 viewsChurchman

James Scowcroft on 16:43 - Dec 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Apparently started 34 matches in the Prem for us.

I always thought he was more support to Stewie than competition.

Really? Wow my failing memory!
James Scowcroft on 18:12 - Dec 9 with 743 viewsghostofescobar

Always thought he was one of our most underrated players. Good touch, strong in the air, not the quickest, but he didn't need that...Suffolk boy as well! 35 games for Palace in the Prem....not bad.

GhostOfEscobar

James Scowcroft on 18:15 - Dec 9 with 732 viewslazyblue

James Scowcroft on 16:34 - Dec 9 by Churchman

Hi didn’t really have lack of pace and was always ahead of Naylor when fit, he was a classy player .
James Scowcroft on 18:24 - Dec 9 with 719 viewsFarmerpiles

Was a fine target man and gt touch when on form. Went through a poor patch form wise but kept his place in the team much to the annoyance of some in the North stand who held up cut out red cards to send management a message. Idiots.
James Scowcroft on 18:50 - Dec 9 with 679 viewsstonojnr

James Scowcroft on 18:24 - Dec 9 by Farmerpiles

Was a fine target man and gt touch when on form. Went through a poor patch form wise but kept his place in the team much to the annoyance of some in the North stand who held up cut out red cards to send management a message. Idiots.

the more things change the more they stay the same it seems

he used to get alot of grief off "fans" because he didnt score enough goals for a striker, about 1 goal in 4 or 5 games, I presume Burley sold him as Leicester gave us a decent wad of cash, we had Darren Bent coming through,and we'd bought Pablo on board, chances are Scowie was slipping way down the pecking order on the team sheet to play.

so it made sense at the time, of course losing you star striker to injury in hindsight makes it look a bad choice, but it wasnt just we couldnt score, we couldnt stop conceeding either.
James Scowcroft on 19:18 - Dec 9 with 642 viewsPhilTWTD

George told him he couldn't guarantee him a regular place given the players that had come in, so he opted to move on when Leicester came in. One of a number of poor decisions made that summer!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024