Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Neil 00:04 - Dec 10 with 2655 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwich link aside, a good candidate.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Alex Neil on 00:05 - Dec 10 with 2359 viewsZXBlue

Nonsense. His record is not impressive.
Alex Neil on 00:07 - Dec 10 with 2347 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alex Neil on 00:05 - Dec 10 by ZXBlue

Nonsense. His record is not impressive.

Did well at Hamilton.

Did well at Norwich.

Did well at Preston until his 4th season. Well enough for WBA and Stoke to offer him jobs.

Good manager, still young while also having good experience.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 0:07]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Alex Neil on 00:09 - Dec 10 with 2309 viewstimothyeo

If you look at Alex Neil's career in general, he's good until he gets a chance to buy players. Working with existing players he's done well everywhere - and certainly i doubt we will be looking to make many changes to this squad as it stands.
Alex Neil on 00:11 - Dec 10 with 2288 viewspointofblue

Alex Neil on 00:09 - Dec 10 by timothyeo

If you look at Alex Neil's career in general, he's good until he gets a chance to buy players. Working with existing players he's done well everywhere - and certainly i doubt we will be looking to make many changes to this squad as it stands.

I think we’ll have a mini revamp in January - right back, centre back, maybe on the wing - so we’ll be bringing in more players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Alex Neil on 00:13 - Dec 10 with 2271 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alex Neil on 00:11 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

I think we’ll have a mini revamp in January - right back, centre back, maybe on the wing - so we’ll be bringing in more players.

It won't be a major revolution though, and likely to be down to some form of recruitment committee.

Alex Neil on 00:35 - Dec 10 with 2166 viewsChurchman

Leaving aside the Norwich connection and his irritating face, I agree - he’s by no means the worst name we’ve seen on the sorry list.
Alex Neil on 00:39 - Dec 10 with 2140 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alex Neil on 00:35 - Dec 10 by Churchman

Leaving aside the Norwich connection and his irritating face, I agree - he’s by no means the worst name we’ve seen on the sorry list.

Career win % stands up very well compared to most managers.

Alex Neil on 00:39 - Dec 10 with 2141 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Alex Neil on 00:07 - Dec 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Did well at Hamilton.

Did well at Norwich.

Did well at Preston until his 4th season. Well enough for WBA and Stoke to offer him jobs.

Good manager, still young while also having good experience.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 0:07]

Did he really do that well at Preston though? Granted they didn’t have a huge budget compared to others around them, but felt they sometimes flattered to deceive. I didn’t realise the didn’t actually make the play offs under him.

Also, I think the correct pronunciation according to that lot up the road is “ALUCKS NEEEEEYUL”
Login to get fewer ads

Alex Neil on 00:41 - Dec 10 with 2124 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alex Neil on 00:39 - Dec 10 by Matt_Netherlands

Did he really do that well at Preston though? Granted they didn’t have a huge budget compared to others around them, but felt they sometimes flattered to deceive. I didn’t realise the didn’t actually make the play offs under him.

Also, I think the correct pronunciation according to that lot up the road is “ALUCKS NEEEEEYUL”

Strongly suspect he out performed his budget.

Had a strong 3 seasons.

Career win % above 40%.

Alex Neil on 00:45 - Dec 10 with 2116 viewsChurchman

Alex Neil on 00:39 - Dec 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Career win % stands up very well compared to most managers.

I don’t have a problem with him tbh. He’s quite spikey but a little bit of that is a good thing. The Norwich thing would be a handicap, but not with me. I remember when Dixie Deehan came here and the crowd could see he was leaving it all out there and never got on his back.

Lambert got abuse because he was rubbish, not because of his past. The only player I think got it unfairly was Andy Marshall. I know he made mistakes and was no Richard Wright, but I’m not sure the crowd helped. He was a right bag of nerves by the end.
Alex Neil on 01:27 - Dec 10 with 2021 viewsArnieM

Is this yet another reported manager application or just more speculation ?

Can’t keep up with it tbh and doesn’t really inspire me .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Alex Neil on 01:31 - Dec 10 with 2013 viewstextbackup

Alex Neil on 00:35 - Dec 10 by Churchman

that list means nothing really does it.

MA's list might include nobody on there

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Alex Neil on 01:34 - Dec 10 with 2015 viewsJ2BLUE

I could live with this.

Probably not one of my top choices but far more sensible than Harris.

As for the Norwich connection, I couldn’t care less to be honest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Alex Neil on 02:08 - Dec 10 with 1969 viewsBondiBlue

Alex Neil on 00:45 - Dec 10 by Churchman

I don’t have a problem with him tbh. He’s quite spikey but a little bit of that is a good thing. The Norwich thing would be a handicap, but not with me. I remember when Dixie Deehan came here and the crowd could see he was leaving it all out there and never got on his back.

Lambert got abuse because he was rubbish, not because of his past. The only player I think got it unfairly was Andy Marshall. I know he made mistakes and was no Richard Wright, but I’m not sure the crowd helped. He was a right bag of nerves by the end.

Marshall only got abuse after relegation didn't he? Don't remember any in the prem. In our supporters's defence, he was so bad he got dropped for james pullen at one point and made paul gerrard look like a world beater when he came in.

I'd be happy with neil and i'm normally very anti having anything to do with alumni from up the road.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Alex Neil on 08:27 - Dec 10 with 1574 viewsChurchman

Alex Neil on 02:08 - Dec 10 by BondiBlue

Marshall only got abuse after relegation didn't he? Don't remember any in the prem. In our supporters's defence, he was so bad he got dropped for james pullen at one point and made paul gerrard look like a world beater when he came in.

I'd be happy with neil and i'm normally very anti having anything to do with alumni from up the road.

I too think it was after relegation and yes, he did play as if he had conjunctivitis in both eyes - but I’m not sure the dogs abuse he got helped his wobbly confidence a whole load.
Alex Neil on 08:29 - Dec 10 with 1565 viewsDeano69

Really? Appalling manager

He gets appointed and I stop going. Being a Budgies manager is only third or fourth on the reasons why.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Alex Neil on 08:44 - Dec 10 with 1486 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Alex Neil on 08:29 - Dec 10 by Deano69

Really? Appalling manager

He gets appointed and I stop going. Being a Budgies manager is only third or fourth on the reasons why.

What makes him an appalling manager?

Alex Neil on 08:55 - Dec 10 with 1429 viewslazyblue

I would have no problem with Neil as he is a very good manager , I want success at Town and couldn’t careless anymore where they have managed before.
Alex Neil on 08:55 - Dec 10 with 1429 viewsTJS

This would probably be the end of the road for me.
I'm not sure I could generate even an ounce of enthusiam to go any more.
Alex Neil on 09:15 - Dec 10 with 1341 viewsmonty_radio

Alex Neil on 01:34 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

I could live with this.

Probably not one of my top choices but far more sensible than Harris.

As for the Norwich connection, I couldn’t care less to be honest.

Don't understand the downplaying of Harris. May not be Sir Bob but then neither was Bobby when appointed. Harris has 3 play-offs (one in Championship) to his name, a win percentage over the magical 40% and is a good age in terms of experience with energy.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Alex Neil on 09:17 - Dec 10 with 1333 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes - but what is his Bristol City provenance?

Taking over Town at this moment in time is abit like what Kier Starmer took on when Corbyn and his mad mullahs destroyed the Labour Party as a credible voter's choice. The reasons for the madness are still in place - and may take a very long time to sort out.. LIke Starmer, the next manager may only realistically be able to stabilise the sinking ship.

Just look at the task - a complete squad of also rans - most of whom were recruited by Cook - and like Hurst's duds, will bhang around like a bad smell. Your 'support' in the boardroom is a smarmy man in an open neck shirt who stabbed Cook in the back three months after encouraging him to gut the club.

The pretend owners who are clearly prone to panic decisions are in Arizona - and know nothing about the club or the league. The real owner - or to be more precise, their manager, is in Ohio with other fish to fry - and a repayment plan the pretend owners are tasked with meeting,

IF you want a quick pay off, this is clearly a nice job for a gravy train rider. But if you are a serious football manager its very much a poisoned chalice - and one that will take a very strong character to have a realistic crack of the whip - and even then it is probably the next manager after that who would be able to get Town on an upward trajectory - simply because of all the baggage they now carry

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Alex Neil on 09:17 - Dec 10 with 1332 viewschicoazul

Does anyone in football have a more punchable face than Alex Neill??

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Alex Neil on 09:19 - Dec 10 with 1306 viewsclive_baker

Not for me Clive.

I don't like the way he tilts his head down and looks out of the top of his eyes, like some weird little freaky gollum.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alex Neil on 11:15 - Dec 10 with 1124 viewsSamWhiteUK

Hated Lambert at Norwich, didn't want him here.

Hated this guy at Norwich....
Alex Neil on 12:18 - Dec 10 with 1018 viewsFreddy

Stuart Watson has just confirmed Neil is on the short list,wonder who the others are?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024