Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Harris 14:10 - Dec 10 with 2592 viewsHackneyblueboy

On the face of Phil's story this whole recruitment process looks slightly shambolic.

Sack Cook with seemingly no succession plan. Then we're left with the most uninspiring pool of managers you could hope for. Anyone else concerned?
Neil Harris on 14:12 - Dec 10 with 1970 viewsFixed_It

Not yet. Trust the process.

But if it does end up being Harris....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Neil Harris on 14:14 - Dec 10 with 1940 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

How do you come to that conclusion?

Its a news article, designed to provoke site visits and interaction with the forum.

Do not read too much into it for now, no one knows who or what just yet.
Neil Harris on 14:14 - Dec 10 with 1937 viewsjayessess

I'd wait and see who we get until getting the hump about it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Neil Harris on 14:14 - Dec 10 with 1939 viewsGarv

I don't know a thing about Harris, so for all he's an uninspiring name, he could be a good appointment. Does he fit the head coach mould they so clearly want to implement?

But I agree it feels really shoddily thought out. It looks like it will either be a very left field, perhaps foreign choice, or someone thoroughly underwhelming - at least on paper.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 14:15]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Neil Harris on 14:15 - Dec 10 with 1921 viewsSawtrich

I'm sure there's lots going on we don't know about.
Neil Harris on 14:16 - Dec 10 with 1899 viewshomer_123

You do understand that approaching other managers, that are in post, would mean that it would become public we were looking to replace Cook.

Hence Cooks goes 'before' we approach others.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Neil Harris on 14:16 - Dec 10 with 1895 viewsIllinoisblue

The “pool of managers” is mostly is idle nonsense from bookmakers and social media speculation.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Neil Harris on 14:16 - Dec 10 with 1891 viewshomer_123

Neil Harris on 14:15 - Dec 10 by Sawtrich

I'm sure there's lots going on we don't know about.

Nah - PANIC!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Harris on 14:20 - Dec 10 with 1822 viewsMookamoo

Neil Harris on 14:14 - Dec 10 by BlueBlueBluex2

How do you come to that conclusion?

Its a news article, designed to provoke site visits and interaction with the forum.

Do not read too much into it for now, no one knows who or what just yet.

Worth acknowledging it is an excellent article and hopefully addresses some of the fanciful speculation that has been going on in the last few days.
Neil Harris on 14:27 - Dec 10 with 1755 viewsBluespeed225

Said he had local connections. His Mum wasn't a pork product heiress was she?
Neil Harris on 14:35 - Dec 10 with 1690 viewsmarkchips

Neil Harris on 14:20 - Dec 10 by Mookamoo

Worth acknowledging it is an excellent article and hopefully addresses some of the fanciful speculation that has been going on in the last few days.

Definitely a lot of speculation which Phil has addressed as far as he can.

Apart from Harris who is confirmed to have applied , realistically it would otherwise be an in situ manager as the other managers out of work like Monk should be no-where near any shortlist.
Neil Harris on 14:53 - Dec 10 with 1566 viewsFreddy

Neil Harris on 14:35 - Dec 10 by markchips

Definitely a lot of speculation which Phil has addressed as far as he can.

Apart from Harris who is confirmed to have applied , realistically it would otherwise be an in situ manager as the other managers out of work like Monk should be no-where near any shortlist.

So all the names banded around were just media talk, only Harris & Shefki who have confirmed they applied?
Neil Harris on 14:55 - Dec 10 with 1554 viewsDublinBlue84

Said a couple of days ago I heard whispers about Harris having applied and that he was bang up for it. Everything I've heard over the past 24 hours has re-enforced what I heard.

At the moment I would say people need to start digesting the fact that we need to get behind him even if we do have reservations, should the appointment be rubber stamped.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Neil Harris on 14:56 - Dec 10 with 1531 viewsElderGrizzly

Neil Harris on 14:12 - Dec 10 by Fixed_It

Not yet. Trust the process.

But if it does end up being Harris....

If you have to apply for a management job in football, you normally aren't going to be getting it
Neil Harris on 14:57 - Dec 10 with 1525 viewsclive_baker

Ultimately nobody knows what's going on, so we can't be critical yet. For all we know Ashton could be 5 pints deep with Gary Megson and agreeing terms, or on the golf course with Mogga or anyone else in between. The proof, as ever, will be in the pudding.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Neil Harris on 14:58 - Dec 10 with 1512 viewsSuperfrans

Yes.

Golden rule. Don't get rid of what you have until you have an alternative option in your back pocket.

We appear to have given our manager carte blanche to sack as many and sign as many as he wants; complete his squad by end of August (halfway through September, if you start from when his key man and captain Morsy was actually available); and give him a grand total of 10-12 weeks to get things in shape. And then sacked him without a plan.

Excellent work.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Neil Harris on 14:58 - Dec 10 with 1502 viewsChurchman

It looks a shambles, but who knows. Time will tell.

If Harris is the best of them, I dread to think of who else has applied. I have this vision of Harris sitting in the waiting room for the final interview with shortlist candidates Mr Blobby, Basil Brush, a tin of beans and the cat over the road.
Neil Harris on 15:01 - Dec 10 with 1478 viewsElderGrizzly

Neil Harris on 14:58 - Dec 10 by Superfrans

Yes.

Golden rule. Don't get rid of what you have until you have an alternative option in your back pocket.

We appear to have given our manager carte blanche to sack as many and sign as many as he wants; complete his squad by end of August (halfway through September, if you start from when his key man and captain Morsy was actually available); and give him a grand total of 10-12 weeks to get things in shape. And then sacked him without a plan.

Excellent work.

Thing is we have no idea if they do already have their man lined up and the compensation is taking time to agree.

Time will very much tell here, but if we go from Cook to Harris it would be very underwhelming.
Neil Harris on 15:04 - Dec 10 with 1452 viewsElephantintheRoom

To be fair Asthon is so clueless that he'd probably interivew a student in a face mask pretending to be Jurgen Klopp... and anyone is free to apply for a job which guaranteed such a fast pay-off.... it doesn't mean any of the greedy gravy train riders flickijg through Marbella villa brochures will get the job.

And to be even fairer the recruitment process has to be shambolic.... Ashton has to get the nod from O'Leary - who knows nothing.... he has to get the nod from the three turkey vultures - who know even less than nothing.... and they have to get the nod from the old prog rocker in Ohio who also knows nothing - but has already learned not to trust the judgment of the clowns further down the food chain.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Neil Harris on 15:12 - Dec 10 with 1407 viewsKeaneish

I'm not sure what people were expecting to be honest. With a season in the balance it was a mental decision. The idea that someone walks in and it immediately grants success is nonsense as we know from last season and seasons gone by.

I've said this is the most important appointment in our history and look at the talent pool we're being linked with! The short-sightedness is deeply troubling for the club. This might well be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

On paper there's only Warnock out there who has the CV to back up being better than Cook unless there's something in the offing very unexpected. Doesn't feel like it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Neil Harris on 15:14 - Dec 10 with 1372 viewsFixed_It

Neil Harris on 14:55 - Dec 10 by DublinBlue84

Said a couple of days ago I heard whispers about Harris having applied and that he was bang up for it. Everything I've heard over the past 24 hours has re-enforced what I heard.

At the moment I would say people need to start digesting the fact that we need to get behind him even if we do have reservations, should the appointment be rubber stamped.

Of course he's interested. As are probably most unemployed football managers.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Neil Harris on 15:17 - Dec 10 with 1341 viewsbelgablue

I think (hope) a lot will be going on under the radar. If it’s anything like the transfer dealings in the summer we won’t hear until something is basically signed.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Neil Harris on 15:21 - Dec 10 with 1311 viewsPJH

Neil Harris on 14:56 - Dec 10 by ElderGrizzly

If you have to apply for a management job in football, you normally aren't going to be getting it

Now you tell me!

After I had put a stamp on the envelope!
Neil Harris on 15:39 - Dec 10 with 1178 viewsSuperfrans

Neil Harris on 15:12 - Dec 10 by Keaneish

I'm not sure what people were expecting to be honest. With a season in the balance it was a mental decision. The idea that someone walks in and it immediately grants success is nonsense as we know from last season and seasons gone by.

I've said this is the most important appointment in our history and look at the talent pool we're being linked with! The short-sightedness is deeply troubling for the club. This might well be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

On paper there's only Warnock out there who has the CV to back up being better than Cook unless there's something in the offing very unexpected. Doesn't feel like it.

Warnock and McCarthy are the only two managers I would have any faith in being able to transform the team we have right now. But McCarthy would be a toxic appointment, Warnock slightly less so, but would be far from popular too.

I fear we have painted ourselves into a corner by sacking Cook at this point.

Unless, as you suggest, there is a rabbit that Ashton is preparing to pull out of a hat. But it doesn't feel like that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Neil Harris on 15:39 - Dec 10 with 1174 viewsKeaneish

Neil Harris on 15:21 - Dec 10 by PJH

Now you tell me!

After I had put a stamp on the envelope!

We should all apply just for the TWTD PR value alone! If anyone gets an interview, even better. Spud's interview from Trainspotting just sprung to mind...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024