Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? 18:36 - Dec 10 with 1310 viewspointofblue

Tony Mowbray - No (not interested)
Frank Lampard - No (not interested)
Alex Neil - No (not sure whether it's down to him not being interested or the club)
Neil Lennon - No (club not interested)
Michael Appleton - No (club not intrested)
Lee Johnson - No (club not interested)
Liam Manning - No (club not interested)
Frank Yallop - No (club not interested)
Marc Bircham - No (club not interested)
EDIT: John Terry - No (club not interested)

Which means no comment made towards the following who have been linked/reasonably suggested:
Nigel Adkins
Neil Harris
Shefki Kuqi
John McGreal
Nigel Pearson
Karl Robinson
Wayne Rooney
Neil Warnock
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 19:09]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 18:47 - Dec 10 with 1215 viewsgordon

Warnock on a short-term contract immediately to the end of the season made the most sense. Then lots of options in the summer (whatever league we're in).

But if we faff around for a couple more weeks it probably won't matter anymore - there wouldn't really be much point even trying for the playoffs after a few more defeats, and then I've no clue what the best approach is - if we hire someone like Harris now we'll likely muddle along for the rest of the season and end up sacking him in October/November next season.
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 18:53 - Dec 10 with 1161 viewsbazza

Whoever it is, I’m sending them a Christmas hamper, with a rabbit foot, a four leaf clover, a horse show (off crazy) ..and a wishbone off my Sunday roast chicken.
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 18:55 - Dec 10 with 1153 viewsbilllm

Chris Houghton,
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 18:57 - Dec 10 with 1129 viewsstrikalite

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 18:47 - Dec 10 by gordon

Warnock on a short-term contract immediately to the end of the season made the most sense. Then lots of options in the summer (whatever league we're in).

But if we faff around for a couple more weeks it probably won't matter anymore - there wouldn't really be much point even trying for the playoffs after a few more defeats, and then I've no clue what the best approach is - if we hire someone like Harris now we'll likely muddle along for the rest of the season and end up sacking him in October/November next season.

Agree out of that list it's Warnock, he'll give the place a lift be sure of that...

Still hope MA can sweet talk Lampard....
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:00 - Dec 10 with 1098 viewsIpswichKnight

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 18:53 - Dec 10 by bazza

Whoever it is, I’m sending them a Christmas hamper, with a rabbit foot, a four leaf clover, a horse show (off crazy) ..and a wishbone off my Sunday roast chicken.

Delivered by the bishop of St Edumonsbury who will also perform an exorcism on the ground.
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:00 - Dec 10 with 1092 viewsjayessess

John Terry was in the article, not under consideration. You'd guess anyone who is publicly telling people they want it - ie. Neil Harris and dear old Shefki - is not very high up our list (you'd be in talks, not briefing the media).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:01 - Dec 10 with 1082 viewspointofblue

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 18:47 - Dec 10 by gordon

I'm pretty sure they'll want to appoint someone before Sunderland - perhaps even have them managing the team for the first time on the 18th.

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:06 - Dec 10 with 1042 viewspointofblue

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:00 - Dec 10 by jayessess

John Terry was in the article, not under consideration. You'd guess anyone who is publicly telling people they want it - ie. Neil Harris and dear old Shefki - is not very high up our list (you'd be in talks, not briefing the media).

Thanks - have updated. Maybe Pearson? Manager in a job from a higher level (Ashton said we've received applications of that ilk) who has worked with him before.

Login to get fewer ads

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:08 - Dec 10 with 1015 viewshatch

Garry Monk hasn’t been mentioned

Probably for good reason

Edit: I feel like Slavisa Jokanovic isn’t a terrible target either
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 19:10]
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:09 - Dec 10 with 984 viewsjayessess

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:06 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

Thanks - have updated. Maybe Pearson? Manager in a job from a higher level (Ashton said we've received applications of that ilk) who has worked with him before.

not impossible. I've heard Antony Barry and Michael Carrick mentioned too.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:10 - Dec 10 with 975 viewsSitfcB

Over on the subscription side of TWTD Phil is saying Warnock is prime candidate.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 19:19]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:12 - Dec 10 with 951 viewsbazza

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:00 - Dec 10 by IpswichKnight

Delivered by the bishop of St Edumonsbury who will also perform an exorcism on the ground.

Someone wearing a town shirt definitely stole some heather off some gypsies outside the ground.. about 20 years ago
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:14 - Dec 10 with 921 viewsFixed_It

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:10 - Dec 10 by SitfcB

Over on the subscription side of TWTD Phil is saying Warnock is prime candidate.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 19:19]

Has Blubbers started his Out campaign yet.?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:17 - Dec 10 with 889 viewsTonytown

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:14 - Dec 10 by Fixed_It

Has Blubbers started his Out campaign yet.?

Michael Carrick please
So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:18 - Dec 10 with 878 viewswkj

I hope someone comes along that noone expects. People are already writing off Harris, despite having had a decent career as manager thus far. So, I don't think that leaves many who have the ability to please the masses.

Jack Ross is absolutely someone who Ashton should be wining and dining right now IMHO.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:19 - Dec 10 with 875 viewsDarth_Koont

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:06 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

A few years ago, I’d have been worried about Pearson. Even with him doing a pretty decent job setting up Leicester for their Premiership win.

But I’ve heard him talk since (on the Don’t Tell Me The Score podcast) and he’s a much more thoughtful, sensitive and progressive person than his media persona. Basically, I think he hates the media. And a few like Phil excepted, that’s generally fair enough.

Pronouns: He/Him

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:46 - Dec 10 with 737 viewspointofblue

So trying to read behind the lines of Phil's article, who does that leave? on 19:18 - Dec 10 by wkj

I hope someone comes along that noone expects. People are already writing off Harris, despite having had a decent career as manager thus far. So, I don't think that leaves many who have the ability to please the masses.

Jack Ross is absolutely someone who Ashton should be wining and dining right now IMHO.

I guess it's diffiecult as most managers out of a job would have ended on failure - that's why the likes of Robinson are attractive; they've been relatively successful where they are and still in a post. Ross certainly ended up in a bad run of form for Hibs and didn't hit the heights expected with Sunderland at this level.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024