Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morten Eskesen 21:38 - Dec 10 with 2393 viewsitfctilidie

Doesn't Brett Johnson have some sort of link to FC Helsingor? A left field suggestion and have to admit I dont really know anything about style of play ect but having taken over Helsingor in 2019 he won the Danish second division and is now sitting top of the first division - perhaps a consideration?
Morten Eskesen on 21:48 - Dec 10 with 2279 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A-ha.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Morten Eskesen on 21:49 - Dec 10 with 2262 viewsFixed_It

Morten Eskesen on 21:48 - Dec 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

A-ha.

Alan Partridge?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Morten Eskesen on 21:54 - Dec 10 with 2216 viewsRonFearonsHair

Looking at the number of posts lambasting the uninspiring list of candidates based in this country has had me wondering whether it may be worth considering someone from the continent. I wouldn't mind seeing us try something different.
Morten Eskesen on 21:54 - Dec 10 with 2213 viewsWD19

Morten Eskesen on 21:48 - Dec 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

A-ha.

Those Scandaweegies all look the same to you don’t they.

Racist.
Morten Eskesen on 22:55 - Dec 10 with 2019 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't think he'd get a work permit post-Brexit.
Morten Eskesen on 23:01 - Dec 10 with 1966 viewstimothyeo

Not realistic anymore due to Brexit
Morten Eskesen on 23:26 - Dec 10 with 1902 viewshatch

Morten Eskesen on 22:55 - Dec 10 by PhilTWTD

What sort of criteria is required for a manager to get a work permit these days then? May be a big answer but can someone enlighten me as to the rules….
Morten Eskesen on 06:32 - Dec 11 with 1653 viewsBrianTablet

Morten Eskesen on 22:55 - Dec 10 by PhilTWTD

He won't need an HGV licence. Just how to park the bus.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

Morten Eskesen on 08:10 - Dec 11 with 1558 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Morten Eskesen on 21:49 - Dec 10 by Fixed_It

Alan Partridge?

Nope.....A-ha!!

Morten Eskesen on 08:24 - Dec 11 with 1522 viewsHorst3000

Morten Eskesen on 08:10 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nope.....A-ha!!

Morten Harket
Morten Eskesen on 09:21 - Dec 11 with 1439 viewsSomethingBlue

Morten Eskesen on 23:26 - Dec 10 by hatch

What sort of criteria is required for a manager to get a work permit these days then? May be a big answer but can someone enlighten me as to the rules….

You need to have managed in a "top league" for a cumulative total of 36 months or a consecutive 24 months in the previous five years, or similar for an international team ranked above 50. Those were the post-Brexit rules as they were drawn up anyway, might have been tweaked slightly but that's essentially it. "Top league" isn't quite as restrictive as it sounds, it includes around half the European top flights, some from other continents and then Bundesliga 2, La Liga 2, Ligue 2. I think they've also added a few since the list I've seen, because Barnsley recruited Poya Asbaghi and Sweden wasn't on the original version.

My reading is that Eskesen could get a job here if he had managed in Danish top tier as that's on the list, but Helsingor are second tier. He's been assistant at Randers in the top flight for a period that would qualify, but I guess that would go to appeal at best as there's little detail re hiring assistants.

Broadly: I don't think it is quite as impossible to hire a foreign manager as made out, certainly from the markets we might look at, but it may be a longish shot and for sure not as easy as it was. Anyone wondering how we might do it could go down the rabbithole of checking out Chien Lee's managerial hires at Barnsley and his other stable clubs, Gamechanger are certainly more than aware of what's gone on there.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 9:22]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Morten Eskesen on 09:23 - Dec 11 with 1428 viewsSharkey

it would certainly be a brave move! The Danish ‘first division’, which is the second tier, is still a semi-pro league, I guess about the level of National League South. But in a year or two he might be doing Graham Potter-style things, I guess.

I remember seeing Town play a pre-season friendly there a decade or more ago. Cardiff City were in the district at the same time, and a lot of their morose casuals.
Morten Eskesen on 09:53 - Dec 11 with 1358 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Morten Eskesen on 08:24 - Dec 11 by Horst3000

Morten Harket

When you've met one Morten you've met them all.

Morten Eskesen on 09:59 - Dec 11 with 1341 viewsChurchman

Morten Harket

Morten Slumber. Diamonds are Forever.

Mortician and diamond smuggler. It’d bring an interesting dimension to the motivational aspects.
Morten Eskesen on 10:05 - Dec 11 with 1311 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Morten Eskesen on 09:59 - Dec 11 by Churchman

Morten Slumber. Diamonds are Forever.

Mortician and diamond smuggler. It’d bring an interesting dimension to the motivational aspects.

Fill your boots....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morten

Morten Eskesen on 10:21 - Dec 11 with 1289 viewshatch

Morten Eskesen on 09:21 - Dec 11 by SomethingBlue

You need to have managed in a "top league" for a cumulative total of 36 months or a consecutive 24 months in the previous five years, or similar for an international team ranked above 50. Those were the post-Brexit rules as they were drawn up anyway, might have been tweaked slightly but that's essentially it. "Top league" isn't quite as restrictive as it sounds, it includes around half the European top flights, some from other continents and then Bundesliga 2, La Liga 2, Ligue 2. I think they've also added a few since the list I've seen, because Barnsley recruited Poya Asbaghi and Sweden wasn't on the original version.

My reading is that Eskesen could get a job here if he had managed in Danish top tier as that's on the list, but Helsingor are second tier. He's been assistant at Randers in the top flight for a period that would qualify, but I guess that would go to appeal at best as there's little detail re hiring assistants.

Broadly: I don't think it is quite as impossible to hire a foreign manager as made out, certainly from the markets we might look at, but it may be a longish shot and for sure not as easy as it was. Anyone wondering how we might do it could go down the rabbithole of checking out Chien Lee's managerial hires at Barnsley and his other stable clubs, Gamechanger are certainly more than aware of what's gone on there.

Thank you for this.

Fat fingers down voted by mistake.
Morten Eskesen on 10:30 - Dec 11 with 1271 viewsSomethingBlue

Morten Eskesen on 10:21 - Dec 11 by hatch

Thank you for this.

Fat fingers down voted by mistake.

No worries, I suspect we would find a lot of options within the framework described but also think mid-season might not be the time.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Morten Eskesen on 11:36 - Dec 11 with 1177 viewsFBI

Morten Harket

I thought that was a village in East Suffolk

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Morten Eskesen on 11:52 - Dec 11 with 1141 viewsHorst3000

Morten Eskesen on 11:36 - Dec 11 by FBI

I thought that was a village in East Suffolk

No that’s PÃ¥l Waaktaar-Savoy
Morten Eskesen on 14:51 - Dec 11 with 987 viewsSkip_Intro

Morten Eskesen on 09:21 - Dec 11 by SomethingBlue

Thanks for posting this. It seems way OTT for any club outside the Premier League...and will mean that a lot of quality 2nd and 3rd tier foreign managers won't be able to work over here and develop...bonkers!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024