Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what do we expect today, folks? 10:24 - Dec 11 with 772 viewspatrickswell

Will the team still be on a sulk? Will a few days on the training field with McGreal tighten things up?

Best of luck to everyone who goes today.
So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:31 - Dec 11 with 760 viewsGuthrum

If the team actually sulks today then we may as well get rid of the lot. No point in them being here if they wouldn't get it together for Cook and now throw a long-term strop at him getting the sack. That's a degree of mental feebleness which would be extraordinary in a set of men who have fought their way to a high level in the professional game and done well at other clubs.

I'd be really surprised - and extremely disappointed - if they do. Think it unlikely.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:37 - Dec 11 with 730 viewsnodge_blue

So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:31 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

If the team actually sulks today then we may as well get rid of the lot. No point in them being here if they wouldn't get it together for Cook and now throw a long-term strop at him getting the sack. That's a degree of mental feebleness which would be extraordinary in a set of men who have fought their way to a high level in the professional game and done well at other clubs.

I'd be really surprised - and extremely disappointed - if they do. Think it unlikely.

I think to have to separate the major sulkers from the minor sulkers. The minor sulkers are probably only sulking because they are looking at the major sulkers and thinking look at him, zero effort, how can I possibly affect the outcome when x and y just aren't putting in the effort. So they minor sulk in their shell worried about the crowd etc and just not being positive in their play.

Everyone feels sorry for themselves it seems right now. From the fans to the players. Id be amazed if we don't lose today.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:41 - Dec 11 with 706 viewsbringbacktheglory

We have the players to give Wigan a good game, but we have yet to establish a team. I find it incredible we have yet to gel in December. I think this is really where we can see the failings of Cook and his team. The free flowing football this squad is capable of should be at full tilt now.

McGreal has a job on his hands tied really, I wish I could be optimistic about today, but I’m finding it very difficult!

I guess some of it might also depend if the supporters support, or turn on them after a few mistakes. They need to show more effort than they did on Tuesday but the fans can have a big impact!
So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:43 - Dec 11 with 691 viewsFixed_It

So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:41 - Dec 11 by bringbacktheglory

We have the players to give Wigan a good game, but we have yet to establish a team. I find it incredible we have yet to gel in December. I think this is really where we can see the failings of Cook and his team. The free flowing football this squad is capable of should be at full tilt now.

McGreal has a job on his hands tied really, I wish I could be optimistic about today, but I’m finding it very difficult!

I guess some of it might also depend if the supporters support, or turn on them after a few mistakes. They need to show more effort than they did on Tuesday but the fans can have a big impact!

The fans will be better without the usual London stone island mob.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:44 - Dec 11 with 667 viewsChorleyBoy

We'll be upbeat for 15-40 minutes. We might even score. Heads will drop after that and we'll come home feeling appropriately chastened. Old habits die hard.

Would love a bit of "new manager bounce" but we Town fans don't get that, we get yet more time un-gelled.

COYB
So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:45 - Dec 11 with 663 viewsGuthrum

So what do we expect today, folks? on 10:37 - Dec 11 by nodge_blue

I think to have to separate the major sulkers from the minor sulkers. The minor sulkers are probably only sulking because they are looking at the major sulkers and thinking look at him, zero effort, how can I possibly affect the outcome when x and y just aren't putting in the effort. So they minor sulk in their shell worried about the crowd etc and just not being positive in their play.

Everyone feels sorry for themselves it seems right now. From the fans to the players. Id be amazed if we don't lose today.

True, but I'd expect better from both sets.

So what do we expect today, folks? on 11:27 - Dec 11 with 537 viewsChurchman

I don’t see what McGreal can do in such a short time. It’s up to the players but if Tuesday is any guide I’m not expecting much. A good spell of twenty minutes maybe?
So what do we expect today, folks? on 11:33 - Dec 11 with 518 viewsChrisd

Comfortable home win with Wigan showing us all why they are one of the front runners in this league.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

So what do we expect today, folks? on 14:25 - Dec 11 with 414 viewsGuthrum

So what do we expect today, folks? on 11:33 - Dec 11 by Chrisd

Comfortable home win with Wigan showing us all why they are one of the front runners in this league.

Having seen the teamsheet, I'm now erring much more towards your way of thinking.

So what do we expect today, folks? on 15:05 - Dec 11 with 364 viewsstopmoaning

I imagine we will get spanked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024