Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would play Woolf today 11:49 - Dec 11 with 827 viewsBlueySwede

Also Bonne/Norwood up front. Rest Morsy and get El Mizouni or Carroll in?
I would play Woolf today on 12:36 - Dec 11 with 764 viewsclive_baker

4-4-2

Walton
Donacien Woolf Edmundson KVY
Aluko Harper El Miz Celina
Pigott Bonne

Assuming Burns is injured. Let’s take the game to them, and a bit of a message to some of the senior players that Tuesday wasn’t good enough. Norwood off the bench perhaps.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I would play Woolf today on 12:41 - Dec 11 with 752 viewsZXBlue

I would play Woolf today on 12:36 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

4-4-2

Walton
Donacien Woolf Edmundson KVY
Aluko Harper El Miz Celina
Pigott Bonne

Assuming Burns is injured. Let’s take the game to them, and a bit of a message to some of the senior players that Tuesday wasn’t good enough. Norwood off the bench perhaps.

Whya re people so desperate to drop our most effective defender?
I would play Woolf today on 12:45 - Dec 11 with 735 viewspointofblue

I would play Woolf today on 12:41 - Dec 11 by ZXBlue

They’re not - Edmundson is still there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I would play Woolf today on 13:20 - Dec 11 with 690 viewsclive_baker

I would play Woolf today on 12:41 - Dec 11 by ZXBlue

I thought Toto was dreadful on Tuesday night, positionally awful and completely run ragged. We were lucky Walton was on his game or it could’ve easily been 4. I thought he had too much to do in fairness, Evans and Morsy barely won a 2nd ball between them, they looked low energy, spineless, and offered very little protection to the back 4. Personally I would leave them all out today and see if the fringe players see it as an opportunity to take. Woolfenden is a little better in possession IMO and I would look to go a bit more direct today, from back to front, balls in behind their fullbacks, balls in to Pigott and get Bonne off him. Get the ball into their 3rd much quicker and try and ask some questions of them. I think Edmundson and Woolfy have a little more to offer in that respect, although I’m not convinced Woolfenden is a great defender by any stretch.

I would play Woolf today on 13:35 - Dec 11 with 649 viewsNthQldITFC

I would play Woolf today on 13:20 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

I thought Toto was dreadful on Tuesday night, positionally awful and completely run ragged. We were lucky Walton was on his game or it could’ve easily been 4. I thought he had too much to do in fairness, Evans and Morsy barely won a 2nd ball between them, they looked low energy, spineless, and offered very little protection to the back 4. Personally I would leave them all out today and see if the fringe players see it as an opportunity to take. Woolfenden is a little better in possession IMO and I would look to go a bit more direct today, from back to front, balls in behind their fullbacks, balls in to Pigott and get Bonne off him. Get the ball into their 3rd much quicker and try and ask some questions of them. I think Edmundson and Woolfy have a little more to offer in that respect, although I’m not convinced Woolfenden is a great defender by any stretch.

Woolfy as part of a three does appeal. I also think that if there was any lingering problem with Woolfy after the Lambert years and the great clear out, he might now see this as a really good opportunity to seize his place. He has the ability to do so.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I would play Woolf today on 13:46 - Dec 11 with 626 viewsDJR

I would play Woolf today on 13:20 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

I think all our problems at Charlton were caused by the midfield, and all the defenders (including Toto) did as well as could be expected given this.
I would play Woolf today on 13:52 - Dec 11 with 599 viewsclive_baker

I would play Woolf today on 13:46 - Dec 11 by DJR

I think all our problems at Charlton were caused by the midfield, and all the defenders (including Toto) did as well as could be expected given this.

Don’t agree with that at all, I thought we defended horribly, positionally it was a car crash at times. It’ll be interesting to see if McGreal can help us there, given his background. When you look across Cook and his coaching team I didn’t really see an obvious contender to be responsible for defensive organisation, and I think this season we’ve seen the impact of that. Hopefully Mcgreal can help, but it won’t happen overnight.

Not expecting much from today I must say, but it’ll be interesting to see if JM makes any changes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024