Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is 15:26 - Dec 11 with 1366 viewsN2_Blue

Think even the optimists will have to say good bye to the playoffs if we lose this today

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:28 - Dec 11 with 1323 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll say goodbye to the playoffs when it's mathematically impossible.

Teams have come back from worse positions than this. Clearly we would need the new manager to come in and change things around immediately. We'll likely miss out on the play offs but how depressing to give up on them in Deceber.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:29 - Dec 11 with 1317 viewsdavblue

It’s really gone to sh1t in the last 5 weeks.

We look nowhere near it. Such a shame after the recruitment in the summer.
its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:30 - Dec 11 with 1280 viewsnodge_blue

I cant believe how sour its gone so quickly. All that optimism too.

No matter what we do it ends up down the toilet.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:32 - Dec 11 with 1246 viewsrgp1

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:29 - Dec 11 by davblue

That's what happens when too many people blow smoke up the managers arse rather than looking at things objectively.
its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:33 - Dec 11 with 1212 viewsJDB23

Is there a team in world football worse than Ipswich Town relevant to size/budget? Painful stuff.
its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:35 - Dec 11 with 1188 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I can't understand this. Some people seem to think we are well on target for promotion and it is strange we have sacked the manager.

The manager has been sacked because it is highly unlikely that we will get promoted. We might make the play-offs if we go on a very good run. The last time we went on a very good run, Lambert was our manager and it did not last long enough to even make the play-offs.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:35 - Dec 11 with 1187 viewsDubtractor

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:30 - Dec 11 by nodge_blue

I cant believe how sour its gone so quickly. All that optimism too.

No matter what we do it ends up down the toilet.

Thing is, whilst we had a decent mini run, our results this season have been mostly terrible. Our wins this season have been against the teams currently occupying the following current positions. There is a clear trend that we're good enough to beat the weaker teams, but not good enough for the better ones. The Wycombe result really does look like an outlier right now! Portsmouth look decent at the moment, but were obviously in a massive rut when we played them.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:37 - Dec 11 with 1135 viewsN2_Blue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:29 - Dec 11 by davblue

we're miles off.

Even scoring another goal looks a challenge right now, let alone winning a game.

Since Wycombe we have blanked in 4 of 5 league games, and the goals came against rock bottom Crewe.

Login to get fewer ads

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:38 - Dec 11 with 1086 viewsgordon

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:28 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

Teams have come back from worse positions than this. Clearly we would need the new manager to come in and change things around immediately. We'll likely miss out on the play offs but how depressing to give up on them in Deceber.

We'd do well to forget the play-offs and promotion and just concentrate on building some kind of meaningful playing identity/tactics/philosophy.

We've been desperately chasing lost causes for the last three seasons. Think it's time to stop the short-termism for a bit.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 15:39]
its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:41 - Dec 11 with 1033 viewsNthsuffolkblue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:35 - Dec 11 by Dubtractor

Thing is, whilst we had a decent mini run, our results this season have been mostly terrible. Our wins this season have been against the teams currently occupying the following current positions. There is a clear trend that we're good enough to beat the weaker teams, but not good enough for the better ones. The Wycombe result really does look like an outlier right now! Portsmouth look decent at the moment, but were obviously in a massive rut when we played them.

Any team can beat anyone on their day in this league ... except we generally don't (and haven't done for as long as we have been in it).

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:42 - Dec 11 with 1019 viewsN2_Blue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:35 - Dec 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

I can't understand this. Some people seem to think we are well on target for promotion and it is strange we have sacked the manager.

The manager has been sacked because it is highly unlikely that we will get promoted. We might make the play-offs if we go on a very good run. The last time we went on a very good run, Lambert was our manager and it did not last long enough to even make the play-offs.

it would be need to be more than a very good run. It would need a highly unlikely outstanding run of several victories back to back.

As i say, season has gone, it s not giving up, its being realistic and looking at where the club finds itself.

I was in favour of getting a manager ASAP but i think we may as well take our time in an attempt to get it right because for this season it doesn't matter. However ideally in place for Jan so they can use the window.

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:44 - Dec 11 with 983 viewsnodge_blue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:35 - Dec 11 by Dubtractor

I agree. We've looked light weight all year. Always letting teams back into games even when we are winning.

I suspect we would have lost the last two games with Cook still in charge as well. The players look devoid of confidence and know how.

How can Wigan be where they are given what happened to them?

Everyone seems to turn it around except us!

I think the new manager will have a hell of a job just putting the breaks on this slide.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:46 - Dec 11 with 938 viewsNthsuffolkblue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:42 - Dec 11 by N2_Blue

it would be need to be more than a very good run. It would need a highly unlikely outstanding run of several victories back to back.

As i say, season has gone, it s not giving up, its being realistic and looking at where the club finds itself.

I was in favour of getting a manager ASAP but i think we may as well take our time in an attempt to get it right because for this season it doesn't matter. However ideally in place for Jan so they can use the window.

We need to get the appointment right. If that means taking some time sobeit but we also need them in sooner rather than later. The team needs sorting out and this caretaker does not inspire any confidence in me that he will do that. Alternatively, switch Klug to caretaker while the search is carried out. My fear is that the longer this team is left rudderless, the more damage will be done and the more likely we will be competing ... at the wrong end of the table.

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:47 - Dec 11 with 931 viewsN2_Blue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:28 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

have they?

Give me an example of a turn around of this magnitude half way through season, manageress, devoid of confidence, can't score a goal? It would be a footballing miracle.

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:47 - Dec 11 with 929 viewsfooters

Solving the Riemann hypothesis is probably mathematically easier than plotting Ipswich reaching the play-offs this season.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:49 - Dec 11 with 881 viewsNthsuffolkblue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:47 - Dec 11 by N2_Blue

have they?

Give me an example of a turn around of this magnitude half way through season, manageress, devoid of confidence, can't score a goal? It would be a footballing miracle.

MM keeping us in the Championship (albeit not quite this far into the season).

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:50 - Dec 11 with 853 viewsclive_baker

I thought their goal was offside but it’s not been good enough regardless of that.

45 minutes to save our season I would suggest, but I’m not sure where it’s going to come from. We can’t just passively sit and delude ourselves that we’ll get back into it, we need to roll a dice.

El Miz for Evans
Norwood for Pigott

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:51 - Dec 11 with 848 viewsJ2BLUE

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:47 - Dec 11 by N2_Blue

have they?

I meant from a worse position in the table.

We know how quickly a manager can turn things around from when MM came in. I am absolutely not suggesting it's likely but it's possible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:54 - Dec 11 with 785 viewspointofblue

The season is dead and, the way I feel at the moment, this club is dead. We build the best squad in the league, on paper, and we’re still crap. If we can’t get out of the league in the right direction now when will we?

We’ll have a player coming out after the match, snivelling the usual bull whilst counting his cash behind our backs because, like the rest of them, they have no pride for the badge and have purely come here for the money. Some thought last year’s lot were bad…

(I’ll withdraw the above if a miracle happens)

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:56 - Dec 11 with 758 viewsN2_Blue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:49 - Dec 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

MM keeping us in the Championship (albeit not quite this far into the season).

I thought we wanted the playoffs. So i'm asking for a side thats turned around a similar situation as J2 stated in his first post

Its much more feasible for teams in trouble to turn things around because its much easier to make up points on other teams by just winning a few games.

I'm talking about playoffs. Much harder to turnaround from this position because sides doing well have to drop points too. That is why this is nigh on impossible.

You can't compare this situation with a side turning it around at the bottom

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:58 - Dec 11 with 736 viewsRobTheMonk

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:37 - Dec 11 by N2_Blue

we're miles off.

Even scoring another goal looks a challenge right now, let alone winning a game.

Since Wycombe we have blanked in 4 of 5 league games, and the goals came against rock bottom Crewe.

"Even scoring another goal looks a challenge right now*, let alone winning a game."

*Having a shot on taget.
its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:59 - Dec 11 with 699 viewsN2_Blue

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:54 - Dec 11 by pointofblue

The season is dead and, the way I feel at the moment, this club is dead. We build the best squad in the league, on paper, and we’re still crap. If we can’t get out of the league in the right direction now when will we?

We’ll have a player coming out after the match, snivelling the usual bull whilst counting his cash behind our backs because, like the rest of them, they have no pride for the badge and have purely come here for the money. Some thought last year’s lot were bad…

(I’ll withdraw the above if a miracle happens)

it does rather look like many of our signings have come for a decent L1 paycheck than wanting to fight for a promotion for their CV.

I'm normally skeptical of such comments but i fail to see how some of these players with supposed caliber can perform this badly.

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 16:02 - Dec 11 with 644 viewsFightingEssex

its going to be a very long end to the season whoever our manager is on 15:37 - Dec 11 by N2_Blue

we're miles off.

Bar 3 games we’ve been sh1t all season and we are exactly where we deserve to be. Cook did this. The new manager has to be exceptional to fix this mess.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024