Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having some kind of focal point to the attack 16:52 - Dec 11 with 2766 viewsgordon

Makes a massive difference. Norwood has contributed more in 20 minutes than Bonne over the last six games or so.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 16:52]
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 16:58 - Dec 11 with 2085 viewsGarv

He's our best striker. He was our best striker before 7th August and he has been since.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:00 - Dec 11 with 2065 viewsBondiBlue

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 16:58 - Dec 11 by Garv

He's our best striker. He was our best striker before 7th August and he has been since.

Let's not go over the top. Still misses a lot of sitters.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:01 - Dec 11 with 2030 viewsdominiciawful

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:00 - Dec 11 by BondiBlue

Is he friends with him?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:02 - Dec 11 with 2022 viewsjayessess

Did make a big difference I thought. Pigott and Bonne both absolutely had the first touch of a trampoline today.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:10]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:04 - Dec 11 with 1995 viewsjeera

That and Aluko coming on.

At least he runs at them and is relentless with his efforts.

He actually drags players across to deal with his runs. Love how he makes a handful of himself.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:09 - Dec 11 with 1952 viewsLeoMuff

Would certainly be interesting how many he would get if he stayed fit for a season, quite a number I would guess.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:13 - Dec 11 with 1902 viewsmistert

Fair point, but so does Bonne.
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:30 - Dec 11 with 1833 viewsHerbivore

Jesus wept. He's a good League 2 striker who will get a few goals in the right set up in League 1. He's our third choice striker, it's good that our third choice striker came on and got a goal but let's not start being ridiculous.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:34 - Dec 11 with 1810 viewsBlueForYou

Is it just me, but does Norwood look leaner & fitter?
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:35 - Dec 11 with 1813 viewsnshearman1

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:13 - Dec 11 by mistert

Fair point, but so does Bonne.

The key point here, surely, whatever one thinks of Norwood, is that for the first time since before Cook’s arrival we’ve had a Manager who was able to change our fortunes in the second half.
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:39 - Dec 11 with 1771 viewsITFC_1988

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:30 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Jesus wept. He's a good League 2 striker who will get a few goals in the right set up in League 1. He's our third choice striker, it's good that our third choice striker came on and got a goal but let's not start being ridiculous.

Must’ve been confusing for you when he scored. Did you celebrate?
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:42 - Dec 11 with 1749 viewsHerbivore

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:39 - Dec 11 by ITFC_1988

Must’ve been confusing for you when he scored. Did you celebrate?

I don't tend to actively celebrate goals unless I'm wathcing live, but I wasn't really confused that a forward had scored a goal, no. I just find it bizarre that after scoring one goal Norwood is now being pitched as our best striker ahead of Pigott, who was one of the top scorers in the league last season, and Bonne, who is one of the top scorers in the league this season. Seems a rather knee jerk reaction to me.

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:48 - Dec 11 with 1722 viewsITFC_1988

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:42 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

I don't tend to actively celebrate goals unless I'm wathcing live, but I wasn't really confused that a forward had scored a goal, no. I just find it bizarre that after scoring one goal Norwood is now being pitched as our best striker ahead of Pigott, who was one of the top scorers in the league last season, and Bonne, who is one of the top scorers in the league this season. Seems a rather knee jerk reaction to me.

Not even a little fist pump?
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:49 - Dec 11 with 1701 viewsHerbivore

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:48 - Dec 11 by ITFC_1988

Not even a little fist pump?

Not on this occasion, I was at the pub with mates and only saw the score after full time.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 17:50]

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:51 - Dec 11 with 1680 viewsgordon

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:42 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Think it's more to do with playing styles - if we were getting loads of quality crosses into the box, I'd prefer Pigott. If quality through balls were being regularly threaded through, I'd have Bonne. But when the rest of the team is awful and playing with the quality of a League 2 team, I'd rather have a League 2 striker who knows how to scrap, make something out of rubbish service, force mistakes, and generally cause mayhem.
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:54 - Dec 11 with 1661 viewshadleighboyblue

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:30 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

What Norwood does do is put himself about and give defenders a hard time , we need that .
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:03 - Dec 11 with 1613 viewsHerbivore

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:51 - Dec 11 by gordon

Think it's more to do with playing styles - if we were getting loads of quality crosses into the box, I'd prefer Pigott. If quality through balls were being regularly threaded through, I'd have Bonne. But when the rest of the team is awful and playing with the quality of a League 2 team, I'd rather have a League 2 striker who knows how to scrap, make something out of rubbish service, force mistakes, and generally cause mayhem.

What a time to be a Town fan.

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:07 - Dec 11 with 1581 viewsHerbivore

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 17:54 - Dec 11 by hadleighboyblue

What Norwood does do is put himself about and give defenders a hard time , we need that .

Bonne and Pigott also do that when they play. Granted they give away fewer free kicks, but that doesn't mean they don't put themselves about. Bonne especially wins loads of one on one battles.

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:08 - Dec 11 with 1579 viewsbilllm

Yes but he's such a pain in the ass to play against,
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:09 - Dec 11 with 1568 viewsgordon

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:03 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

What a time to be a Town fan.

Indeed. But ultimately Norwood changed the game for us today and salvaged us a point. Pigott or Bonne full of confidence with lots of chances being created would likely be a better bet, but it's inescapable that they both look utterly lost at the moment.
Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:12 - Dec 11 with 1541 viewsHerbivore

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:09 - Dec 11 by gordon

Indeed. But ultimately Norwood changed the game for us today and salvaged us a point. Pigott or Bonne full of confidence with lots of chances being created would likely be a better bet, but it's inescapable that they both look utterly lost at the moment.

Sure, but I find the argument that we should play a League 2 striker because we're playing like a League 2 team to be thoroughly depressing. He's our third best striker. Great that he ran around and scored the equaliser today but I'm not sure that means he's the answer to all our problems all of a sudden.

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:30 - Dec 11 with 1488 viewspointofblue

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:12 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Sure, but I find the argument that we should play a League 2 striker because we're playing like a League 2 team to be thoroughly depressing. He's our third best striker. Great that he ran around and scored the equaliser today but I'm not sure that means he's the answer to all our problems all of a sudden.

He answered the question posed to us today, which is more than Bonne and Pigott did.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:48 - Dec 11 with 1455 viewspennblue

You don’t half talk some nonsense.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 19:28 - Dec 11 with 1378 viewsHerbivore

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 18:48 - Dec 11 by pennblue

You don’t half talk some nonsense.

Those in glasshouses, mate.

Having some kind of focal point to the attack on 19:33 - Dec 11 with 1359 viewsITFC_1988

21 goals in 57 apps in league 1 isn’t bad for a league 2 striker, in a team that has been largely devoid of creativity.

His attitude is shocking, off field antics questionable (to say the least) but don’t talk nonsense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024