Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek McIness 19:28 - Dec 11 with 2966 viewssaffers12

Thoughts as possible manager? Did very well with budget for Aberdeen
Derek McIness on 19:33 - Dec 11 with 2517 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So hard to judge that league. Most teams aren't L1 level.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derek McIness on 19:35 - Dec 11 with 2502 viewspointofblue

Derek McIness on 19:33 - Dec 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

So hard to judge that league. Most teams aren't L1 level.

Exactly. Look at Jack Ross.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Derek McIness on 19:40 - Dec 11 with 2484 viewscressi

Derek McIness on 19:35 - Dec 11 by pointofblue

Was,at Bristol city for a while
Derek McIness on 19:42 - Dec 11 with 2466 viewswkj

Derek McIness on 19:35 - Dec 11 by pointofblue

Ross did well for Sunderland I thought. One play off final then sacked the next season for being 6th in October. If I was in Ashton's role, I would be making him one of the first people I contact.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 2435 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derek McIness on 19:42 - Dec 11 by wkj

Ross did well for Sunderland I thought. One play off final then sacked the next season for being 6th in October. If I was in Ashton's role, I would be making him one of the first people I contact.

He'd have a statue at Ipswich for that!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 2433 viewsSwailsey

8/1 atm.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 2427 viewspointofblue

Ross should have done better with Sunderland during his time there; they had one of the strongest squads so should have really been looking at automatic promotion. OK, so he did better than Cook here but...

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 with 2422 viewswkj

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

He'd have a statue at Ipswich for that!!

Given our recent history, he'd deserve to have the entire ground named after him.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Derek McIness on 19:47 - Dec 11 with 2412 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 by wkj

Given our recent history, he'd deserve to have the entire ground named after him.

To be fair, he's worth interviewing I think.

Derek McIness on 19:47 - Dec 11 with 2402 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 by pointofblue

Ross should have done better with Sunderland during his time there; they had one of the strongest squads so should have really been looking at automatic promotion. OK, so he did better than Cook here but...

Sounds like our story for the past 3 seasons!

Suspect the reality is somewhat different.

Derek McIness on 19:48 - Dec 11 with 2403 viewswkj

Derek McIness on 19:45 - Dec 11 by pointofblue

Was there squad really that good though? From what the Netflix film thing showed, there were a lot of individuals at Sunderland, but not a lot of cohesion.

Even if he should have done better, I would take him over anything we've had in recent years.

Crybaby

Derek McIness on 19:50 - Dec 11 with 2382 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derek McIness on 19:48 - Dec 11 by wkj

Was there squad really that good though? From what the Netflix film thing showed, there were a lot of individuals at Sunderland, but not a lot of cohesion.

Even if he should have done better, I would take him over anything we've had in recent years.

Seem to think they were flying, and then the Muppets on the board sold their top scorer in January.

He was dealing with a club that was run by some cowboy owners.

Think he'd do better here.

Derek McIness on 19:52 - Dec 11 with 2360 viewspointofblue

Derek McIness on 19:48 - Dec 11 by wkj

That does sort of sound like here - individuals with no cohesion! I wouldn't be disappointed with Ross but I have others higher up my wish list.

Derek McIness on 19:53 - Dec 11 with 2344 viewswkj

Derek McIness on 19:50 - Dec 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Seem to think they were flying, and then the Muppets on the board sold their top scorer in January.

He was dealing with a club that was run by some cowboy owners.

Think he'd do better here.

Indeed, at least our cowboys have a few quid.

Crybaby

Derek McIness on 20:15 - Dec 11 with 2209 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derek McIness on 19:53 - Dec 11 by wkj

Indeed, at least our cowboys have a few quid.

...tbf of all the names mentioned, I'd be fairly happy with Jack Ross.

Derek McIness on 20:18 - Dec 11 with 2204 viewsTomTheWriter

Would put him on the ‘yes’ side of the managerial names mentioned. 1 of the 5 I wrote about on Twitter a week back, had sustained success for a long time with Aberdeen. Kept them above the rest with Celtic obviously running away with it each year. Likely to be interviewed for the Hibernian job, but he immediately jumps ahead of Lennon, Neil, Bircham and the likes

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Derek McIness on 20:23 - Dec 11 with 2176 viewspointofblue

Derek McIness on 20:15 - Dec 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would be funny if we appoint him and his first game is next Saturday.

Derek McIness on 20:28 - Dec 11 with 2135 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derek McIness on 20:18 - Dec 11 by TomTheWriter

Would put him on the ‘yes’ side of the managerial names mentioned. 1 of the 5 I wrote about on Twitter a week back, had sustained success for a long time with Aberdeen. Kept them above the rest with Celtic obviously running away with it each year. Likely to be interviewed for the Hibernian job, but he immediately jumps ahead of Lennon, Neil, Bircham and the likes

Who else did you write about?

To be fair, Lennon can state sustained success in the SPL too. Although he wouldn't be on my list.

I'm not sure McInness has a better CV than Alex Neil.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 20:29]

Derek McIness on 20:44 - Dec 11 with 2058 viewsTomTheWriter

Derek McIness on 20:28 - Dec 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Who else did you write about?

To be fair, Lennon can state sustained success in the SPL too. Although he wouldn't be on my list.

I'm not sure McInness has a better CV than Alex Neil.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 20:29]

Picked five ‘manager types’ that the owners could be looking at. Garry Monk (pragmatic), Tony Mowbray (romantic), Derek McInnes (experienced), Liam Manning (young), and Morten Eskesen (foreign).

McInnes and Lennon battled out for ages, think the thing that sways him over the latter is his attitude/demeanour. Lennon has been known to be overly aggressive and contentious amongst fan bases.

Neil and McInnes look to be two of the favourites for the Hibs job. Goes above for me because he hasn’t managed Norwich before 😂

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Derek McIness on 20:46 - Dec 11 with 2034 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derek McIness on 20:44 - Dec 11 by TomTheWriter

Picked five ‘manager types’ that the owners could be looking at. Garry Monk (pragmatic), Tony Mowbray (romantic), Derek McInnes (experienced), Liam Manning (young), and Morten Eskesen (foreign).

McInnes and Lennon battled out for ages, think the thing that sways him over the latter is his attitude/demeanour. Lennon has been known to be overly aggressive and contentious amongst fan bases.

Neil and McInnes look to be two of the favourites for the Hibs job. Goes above for me because he hasn’t managed Norwich before 😂

I agree re Lennon, not keen on the guys attitude at all.

Wonder if Mowbray did a farewell to the fans after today's win!! Lol

Derek McIness on 21:25 - Dec 11 with 1883 viewswkj

Derek McIness on 20:46 - Dec 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree re Lennon, not keen on the guys attitude at all.

Wonder if Mowbray did a farewell to the fans after today's win!! Lol

I feel for Mogga. I bet you he won't be offered a contract there even if they do go up. What a result for the Venkys - go up and get to hire in a new gaffa (steve bruce)

Crybaby

Derek McIness on 22:19 - Dec 11 with 1716 viewsstopmoaning

Let’s get Michael Laudrup!
Derek McIness on 09:29 - Dec 12 with 1443 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

He's the best realistic name on the list for me. Hopefully we'll interview him at least.
Derek McIness on 09:35 - Dec 12 with 1421 viewstownblue

Derek McIness on 20:15 - Dec 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure we'll go for someone with a couple of recent sackings on their CV. It would worry me a little but I've not looked into the detail.
Derek McIness on 14:45 - Dec 12 with 1241 viewsChurchman

Ross’ Sunderland weren’t the best tbh. They relied on a couple of decent players for this rubbish level but the rest of the team weren’t up to much. Sunderland supporters hardly mourned when he was kicked out. Like Hurst, I think he was hyped up as one of the best young managers. It’s a no from me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024