Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bit more nasty 21:06 - Dec 11 with 561 viewsitfcsuth

I liked us being a bit more robust today, hitting the front men earlier and trying to play in the right area.

I’ve seen us try to be a pure footballing side and it left us defensively exposed and vulnerable.

I always like seeing a little bit more of the darker side to the game, on at the referee, a bit of spite in our tackles, a bit of game management towards the end.

Whether that’s a popular opinion I don’t know, but I think it will be very good for us if we continue like that, a bit more street wise, a little bit more nasty.
A bit more nasty on 21:37 - Dec 11 with 460 viewsclive_baker

Couldn’t agree more, been saying it for ages. It’s league 1, you don’t tend to get out of it playing champagne football. We need to bring ourselves down a peg and learn to scrap. I don’t think there are many squads in this league with the quality we have but ultimately we need to sh1thouse points, be defensively robust and a little less cute about it all. Hit the front men, play football in the right areas with the quality around them, and a defence that can focus on its job. Well drilled, well organised, hard to play against. Look at Rotherham, or Coventry last season. Can’t help but feel this season is dead though unfortunately, far too much of a gap.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

A bit more nasty on 21:52 - Dec 11 with 427 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I like that about Chaplin. He's got that great chippy little man syndrome. ability too of course, but up for it. A team with Morsy, Bonne, Norwood, Chaplin and Edmundson should be capable of doing the nasty stuff effectively.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

A bit more nasty on 22:10 - Dec 11 with 386 viewsitfcsuth

A bit more nasty on 21:37 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

Couldn’t agree more, been saying it for ages. It’s league 1, you don’t tend to get out of it playing champagne football. We need to bring ourselves down a peg and learn to scrap. I don’t think there are many squads in this league with the quality we have but ultimately we need to sh1thouse points, be defensively robust and a little less cute about it all. Hit the front men, play football in the right areas with the quality around them, and a defence that can focus on its job. Well drilled, well organised, hard to play against. Look at Rotherham, or Coventry last season. Can’t help but feel this season is dead though unfortunately, far too much of a gap.

I think it has to be the foundation for any success.

I unfortunately agree that this season has gone, the gap looks too great, our momentum or foundations aren’t good enough to close that gap.

We have to use this nasty edge to build forward though.
A bit more nasty on 22:12 - Dec 11 with 381 viewsitfcsuth

A bit more nasty on 21:52 - Dec 11 by OriginalMarkyP

I like that about Chaplin. He's got that great chippy little man syndrome. ability too of course, but up for it. A team with Morsy, Bonne, Norwood, Chaplin and Edmundson should be capable of doing the nasty stuff effectively.

I really like Chaplin.

Agree on the names you’ve mentioned. Would through Burgess in there as well, a no nonsense big centre half, rarely looses his duels aerially, no really nonsense on the ball (caught today but was from a stupid pass by Evans). He fits in that nastier side for me as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024