Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager - whoever it is, I hope he is fully backed by us all 21:47 - Dec 11 with 529 viewsN2_Blue

It seems that based on the names put out there that it's going to be impossible for us to appoint a manager that appeals to all of out support base.

However once appointed, he is our man and therefore our only hope in the short-term so I hope as a support base we all fully get behind them.

I admit if it's someone like Harris I would be a bit disappointed and underwhelmed but I would get fully behind them from minute one and only judge them on what they do here, anything that has happened before is then irrelevant.

Our last 5 managerial appointments generally appeased most of our support at the time of their appointment yet they all failed dismally other than Mick. It could be that a appointment who is underwhelming and not really wanted by our support ends up being the one who brings us a modicum of success. You never know.

Lets see what happens, it really could be anyone out this juncture but if we get Harris or similar please lets support the guy from the off.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

New manager - whoever it is, I hope he is fully backed by us all on 21:57 - Dec 11 with 479 viewsMattinLondon

Surly it’ll better to boo him from the start - saves time and stops too much disappointment from developing.
New manager - whoever it is, I hope he is fully backed by us all on 07:51 - Dec 12 with 302 viewsITFC_Forever

If it’s someone like Harris, who we generally don’t think is any good, then they’re on the back foot straight away and people will be waiting for them to fail. They’ll have to earn our respect and appreciation (a bit like Andy Marshall ultimately failed to do).

If it’s a manager who is generally approved of, they’ll start will more credit in the bank.

That’s partly what did for Cook…. The poor end to last season meant he had less credit in the bank when things started to go wrong this season. Had he been a success last season and at least got us in the POs, he’d have started this season in a better position.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024