Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Harris 02:06 - Dec 12 with 4379 viewsboncho1977

He is now odds on and I think he will be announced on Monday.

it will be an underwhelming appointment however can we all get behind him, there is so much negativity about him.

The good thing is that he will toughen us up and make us more streetwise like other league 1 sides. Under cool we were so nice and other managers / teams took advantage of this
Neil Harris on 03:28 - Dec 12 with 3299 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Harris did OK with Millwall but he was a former player with them. Knew the club set-up better than appointing an outsider and while never really making them promotion material organized them into a tough outfit that were competitive also.

don't think he could replicate any success with them here at Portman Road. If he is now favorite to take over from Cook it seems a little bizarre, not sure how that came about.
Neil Harris on 07:35 - Dec 12 with 3031 viewsNickITFC

IF it is Neil Harris then we have to get behind him. He won promotion with Millwall from league one having finished in the playoffs the previous season with them as well. Established them as a championship side. Also made the play offs with Cardiff in the championship.

At first I saw it as a potentially underwhelming appointment but his track record (albeit a short one) is good.
Neil Harris on 08:02 - Dec 12 with 2891 viewsnodge_blue

I thought the club had an intention to play football in a certain style? Or maybe that was evans said that and the new guys haven’t ever commented.

Harris is another full 180 spin back to mick days. Another lurch. And back to basic football. If it happens I’ll be really disappointed.

We should go for warnock as a short term guy if we want basic football in the next six months and use that time to get someone in who can long term be a better ipswich fit.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 8:02]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Neil Harris on 08:02 - Dec 12 with 2887 viewsbluestandard

Neil Harris on 07:35 - Dec 12 by NickITFC

IF it is Neil Harris then we have to get behind him. He won promotion with Millwall from league one having finished in the playoffs the previous season with them as well. Established them as a championship side. Also made the play offs with Cardiff in the championship.

At first I saw it as a potentially underwhelming appointment but his track record (albeit a short one) is good.

Definitely agree we should get behind him if he’s appointed. To do otherwise is just not being a fan!

That’s not to say that we can’t have opinions about this, and I certainly have reservations about this if it happens. I think league 1 this year has seen an unusual convergence of several settled, more progressive, and competitive teams. My reflections are that Cook may have just thought that the same recipe will do, and got caught out by this. If Harris does the same, he will suffer the same fate. Previous promotions really do carry less weight this year. IMO we need a progressive manager, which I don’t think Harris is.
Neil Harris on 08:06 - Dec 12 with 2838 viewshype313

Neil Harris on 07:35 - Dec 12 by NickITFC

Oh dear, another one with a promotion on his CV, well, lets hope it's 7th time lucky.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Neil Harris on 08:08 - Dec 12 with 2827 viewslazyblue

Neil Harris on 08:02 - Dec 12 by nodge_blue

I thought the club had an intention to play football in a certain style? Or maybe that was evans said that and the new guys haven’t ever commented.

Harris is another full 180 spin back to mick days. Another lurch. And back to basic football. If it happens I’ll be really disappointed.

We should go for warnock as a short term guy if we want basic football in the next six months and use that time to get someone in who can long term be a better ipswich fit.

But why go for a short term manage? If it doesn’t work then we have lost another 6months.
Neil Harris on 08:09 - Dec 12 with 2804 views44_not_out

Neil Harris on 08:02 - Dec 12 by nodge_blue

I really don’t care what the style is, as long as it gets us moving in the right direction.

If Harris is chosen (who knows) and his ‘style’ gets us winning, I’m sure all of couldn’t give a flying one what it looks like.
Neil Harris on 08:10 - Dec 12 with 2800 viewsnodge_blue

Neil Harris on 08:08 - Dec 12 by lazyblue

But why go for a short term manage? If it doesn’t work then we have lost another 6months.

Well I would only do that if we can’t get a guy to fit the criteria that I hope we have for the role.

Progressive, passing football. Tactically aware, good coach.

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Harris on 08:21 - Dec 12 with 2697 viewsnodge_blue

Neil Harris on 08:09 - Dec 12 by 44_not_out

I really don’t care what the style is, as long as it gets us moving in the right direction.

If Harris is chosen (who knows) and his ‘style’ gets us winning, I’m sure all of couldn’t give a flying one what it looks like.

Until we start losing. Then it’s even more dull to see channel balls going nowhere. Whilst a team like Crewe or Oxford then get the ball for the next ten minutes and make us look like mugs.

Let’s have some ambition here please. It’s not all about 3 points. Get the performances right and the results will come.

Lambert and cook were both supposed to be getting us back to playing good football. I thought we had turned that page and we’re on that path. Let’s not just now revert to basic lump it game.

Neil Harris on 08:25 - Dec 12 with 2656 viewsChrisd

If it is him, we need to give him a fair crack of the whip. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but he might turn out to be exactly the type of manager we need right now.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Neil Harris on 08:27 - Dec 12 with 2637 viewsblueconscience

So much for the new owners and board being Ambitious. Evans may as well still be owner if this goes ahead.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 8:28]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Neil Harris on 08:31 - Dec 12 with 2597 views44_not_out

Neil Harris on 08:21 - Dec 12 by nodge_blue

Until we start losing. Then it’s even more dull to see channel balls going nowhere. Whilst a team like Crewe or Oxford then get the ball for the next ten minutes and make us look like mugs.

Let’s have some ambition here please. It’s not all about 3 points. Get the performances right and the results will come.

Lambert and cook were both supposed to be getting us back to playing good football. I thought we had turned that page and we’re on that path. Let’s not just now revert to basic lump it game.

….Oxford and Crewe who will be in League One next season and the season after etc. Actually, Crewe might get relegated.

It’s League One, not La Liga!

Football is all about 3 points….. how you get it is irrelevant at times.
Neil Harris on 08:34 - Dec 12 with 2553 viewsYallop

Neil Harris on 08:08 - Dec 12 by lazyblue

It's what we do now. Give them 6 months to sort it and if they don't we get rid
Neil Harris on 08:42 - Dec 12 with 2486 viewsJambo

I’ll be massively disappointed if it is Neil Harris.

Only Ipswich could take all the goodwill, enthusiasm and passion that we had in the Summer and flush it away like a turd into the Orwell.

He’s not someone I want near our club. And he’ll be a disappointment in terms of his style and performance.

I would have been happy with Colin and then a perm appointment after the playoffs.
Neil Harris on 08:46 - Dec 12 with 2442 viewstractorshark

Neil Harris on 08:31 - Dec 12 by 44_not_out

….Oxford and Crewe who will be in League One next season and the season after etc. Actually, Crewe might get relegated.

It’s League One, not La Liga!

Football is all about 3 points….. how you get it is irrelevant at times.

Didn’t McCarthy say this and get stick for it.
But it is true. For all the huff and puff, fans up and down the land want to see wins and success.
If that happens, they’re happy.
Even those who say they’d never watch Ipswich under McCarthy would change their tune if he or someone similar delivered us Premier League football.
The problems arise when you’re not winning and the football is not easy on the eye.
Then it becomes a stick to beat the manager with.
I’m totally underwhelmed by Harris because his success has come largely at a club where he had a free pass as a legend.
I’m not convinced it will be Harris but if he gets the job, of course I’d get behind him.
That said, this just shows the folly of sacking someone without a clear idea about a replacement.
Neil Harris on 08:47 - Dec 12 with 2440 viewsChurchman

He will get support and I obviously hope he is a good fit.

However, underwhelmed doesn’t do it justice. His appointment, if true, smacks of chaos and panic. Is Harris really the best we could attract? Was he really the one they were after before Cook was fired? Did they have any idea who they wanted? It doesn’t look like it and it seems they now have to plump for what’s available from what looks a sorry list.

There are some questions to be answered by Ashton and O’Leary.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 9:59]
Neil Harris on 08:50 - Dec 12 with 2386 viewsblueconscience

Neil Harris on 08:42 - Dec 12 by Jambo

Only Ipswich could take all the goodwill, enthusiasm and passion that we had in the Summer and flush it away like a turd into the Orwell.

He’s not someone I want near our club. And he’ll be a disappointment in terms of his style and performance.

I would have been happy with Colin and then a perm appointment after the playoffs.

Season ticket numbers will be back down to Mick levels if this is their ambition.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 8:53]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Neil Harris on 08:58 - Dec 12 with 2299 viewsHackneyblueboy

Neil Harris on 08:47 - Dec 12 by Churchman

He will get support and I obviously hope he is a good fit.

However, underwhelmed doesn’t do it justice. His appointment, if true, smacks of chaos and panic. Is Harris really the best we could attract? Was he really the one they were after before Cook was fired? Did they have any idea who they wanted? It doesn’t look like it and it seems they now have to plump for what’s available from what looks a sorry list.

There are some questions to be answered by Ashton and O’Leary.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 9:59]

If it is him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but on paper it looks a strange appointment.
Neil Harris on 09:12 - Dec 12 with 2183 viewstractorlad01

If we’re going down this route, I’d rather Chris Hughton.
Neil Harris on 09:15 - Dec 12 with 2158 viewstownblue

If that's the case, I'd rather keep McGreal and reassess at the end of the season.
Neil Harris on 09:19 - Dec 12 with 2118 viewsportmanking

I can't quite believe it's come to this. I hope the US owners are deeply regretting their knee-jerk reaction now. That's not what this club is all about. Swapping Paul Cook for Neil 'Arris FFS? Do me a cheesy quaver. So much for having a plan about playing style and recruitment. All of a load of guff. Goodbye season ticket sales for 2022/23.
Neil Harris on 09:20 - Dec 12 with 2103 viewsitfcsuth

Reported he was interviewed on Friday. Don’t know if there’s any truth to it.
Neil Harris on 09:24 - Dec 12 with 2065 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Neil Harris on 08:42 - Dec 12 by Jambo

"Only Ipswich could take all the goodwill, enthusiasm and passion that we had in the Summer and flush it away like a turd into the Orwell."

Worthy of a place in a Warky report!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Neil Harris on 09:27 - Dec 12 with 2031 viewsSomethingBlue

I could be very wrong but if Harris was really the man I suspect he would already be in place. I also think Gamechanger didn't spend the summer getting in players like Celina, Walton, Morsy, Edmundson etc in order for them to be managed by Neil Harris, their targets off the pitch will be as ambitious as those on it.

The caveat to all this is, of course, that we've ended up in a position the owners didn't expect — and it'll be interesting to see how or if that sways them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Neil Harris on 09:33 - Dec 12 with 1951 viewsstrikalite

Well he could be just what we need because his Millwall sides we're always well drilled and strong and he was never scared of bringing a youngster through either, the more I really think about it the more I'm warming to him, his CV is not shabby at all..

He'll know what's needed, probably more so than many of the names mentioned...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024