Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton Jan recall? 08:30 - Dec 12 with 2849 viewscbower

According to 72, Brighton to recall Walton to sell in window as contract up in summer. Trying to force our hand?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 8:31]

bluescouser

Walton Jan recall? on 08:31 - Dec 12 with 2448 viewsPlums

They’re probably doing it for his own safety

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Walton Jan recall? on 08:36 - Dec 12 with 2377 viewsgroovyASH

Well, let's be honest, there's no way Walton should be playing in league 1. If he does go back, good luck to him, he deserves a regular spot in the Championship.

If we somehow pulled off a deal for him, I'd be stunned

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Walton Jan recall? on 08:40 - Dec 12 with 2329 viewsMullet

Leveraging a sale out of us apparently same as qpr and Bonne

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Walton Jan recall? on 08:41 - Dec 12 with 2327 viewscbower

Walton Jan recall? on 08:36 - Dec 12 by groovyASH

Well, let's be honest, there's no way Walton should be playing in league 1. If he does go back, good luck to him, he deserves a regular spot in the Championship.

Tend to agree but good teams have good keepers and Hladky has looked appalling!

bluescouser

Walton Jan recall? on 08:41 - Dec 12 with 2325 viewsYallop

Walton Jan recall? on 08:36 - Dec 12 by groovyASH

If Cook was here I think he'd have signed, but the new man might have his own ideas
Walton Jan recall? on 08:50 - Dec 12 with 2265 viewsChrisd

If true, then that would be a huge blow. Walton has shown that he is a far superior keeper to both Hladky and Holy. Let’s hope that is just paper talk. For Walton, he must be enjoying playing week in, week out but there is no doubt he should be playing at a higher level than L1.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 8:52]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Walton Jan recall? on 08:59 - Dec 12 with 2192 viewsip6blue

For all these “Playing at a higher level” comments about our players…were 12th in league One. What level are the others at then?
Walton Jan recall? on 09:06 - Dec 12 with 2115 viewsgordon

Think he's ridiculously good for this level, particularly at dealing with crosses / corners.
Login to get fewer ads

Walton Jan recall? on 09:07 - Dec 12 with 2104 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Walton Jan recall? on 08:40 - Dec 12 by Mullet

Leveraging a sale out of us apparently same as qpr and Bonne

Bonne is unlikely to be the bun fight that it looked like it might become.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Walton Jan recall? on 09:11 - Dec 12 with 2053 viewsgordon

Walton Jan recall? on 09:07 - Dec 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bonne is unlikely to be the bun fight that it looked like it might become.

More of a sticky Bonne than a hot cross Bonne now, you mean?
Walton Jan recall? on 09:13 - Dec 12 with 2024 viewstownblue

I've been extremely impressed with him. There's a huge gulf in class between him and the other 2.

It makes such a difference having a safe pair of hands in goal.
Walton Jan recall? on 09:21 - Dec 12 with 1973 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That would hamper our chances of a top half finish.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Walton Jan recall? on 09:26 - Dec 12 with 1940 viewsChrisd

Walton Jan recall? on 08:59 - Dec 12 by ip6blue

For all these “Playing at a higher level” comments about our players…were 12th in league One. What level are the others at then?

Simply watch how he keeps and goes about his job to recognise that he is a far better player than L1 standard. Lets be honest, he's kept us in games singlehandedly this season too, 12th or not.

Walton Jan recall? on 09:46 - Dec 12 with 1820 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would imagine Ashton is identifying another keeper for a January just in case Walton goes. Hladky certainly isn’t the answer for the rest of the season if we have serious ambitions of climbing the table.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Walton Jan recall? on 09:56 - Dec 12 with 1760 viewshadleighboyblue

Walton Jan recall? on 09:46 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine Ashton is identifying another keeper for a January just in case Walton goes. Hladky certainly isn’t the answer for the rest of the season if we have serious ambitions of climbing the table.

I would hope Ashton was already negotiating with Brighton to sign him up , only problem might be Brighton's valuation .
Walton Jan recall? on 10:04 - Dec 12 with 1706 viewsWeWereZombies

Walton Jan recall? on 09:11 - Dec 12 by gordon

More of a sticky Bonne than a hot cross Bonne now, you mean?

At the moment definitely not a Chelsea Bonne

On the other hand, not a Bath Bonne either...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Walton Jan recall? on 10:08 - Dec 12 with 1693 viewsGlasgowBlue

Walton Jan recall? on 09:56 - Dec 12 by hadleighboyblue

I would hope Ashton was already negotiating with Brighton to sign him up , only problem might be Brighton's valuation .

More of a case that Walton may not want to sign permanently for a mid table league one club.

If he goes I think we’ll go for an experienced former Premier League keeper like Wigan have with Ben Amos.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Walton Jan recall? on 10:14 - Dec 12 with 1644 viewsHighgateBlue

If Harris is manager in January, I wonder if the Bartman might be tempted back...
Walton Jan recall? on 10:19 - Dec 12 with 1619 viewspointofblue

Walton Jan recall? on 10:14 - Dec 12 by HighgateBlue

If Harris is manager in January, I wonder if the Bartman might be tempted back...

From being a first team regular in the Championship? Sure, why not.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Walton Jan recall? on 10:33 - Dec 12 with 1554 viewsRamRob

Walton Jan recall? on 09:26 - Dec 12 by Chrisd

Simply watch how he keeps and goes about his job to recognise that he is a far better player than L1 standard. Lets be honest, he's kept us in games singlehandedly this season too, 12th or not.

Exactly. Plus there's a long list of players that played for Ipswich without accomplishing anything who went on to play well at a higher level

Delaney, McAuley, McGoldrick to name a few

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Walton Jan recall? on 10:51 - Dec 12 with 1492 viewsFixed_It

Walton Jan recall? on 09:46 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

Hladky is a curious one. Came here with a good reputation, but has shown nothing to justify it since his arrival. Apart from penalties, he just doesn't make any saves. Which, let's face it, is a bit of a concern for a keeper!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Walton Jan recall? on 11:08 - Dec 12 with 1452 viewsRomeo4

Walton Jan recall? on 10:51 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

Hladky is a curious one. Came here with a good reputation, but has shown nothing to justify it since his arrival. Apart from penalties, he just doesn't make any saves. Which, let's face it, is a bit of a concern for a keeper!

Not only does he not make many saves but he also doesn’t dominate his box. Can’t put my finger on it completely but he just looks small, even though I know he’s not. It’s noticeable how less confident our defenders our when he’s playing behind them.

I have no beef with him and would love him to prove me wrong but I just don’t see him as an effective 1st choice keeper at this level.
Walton Jan recall? on 11:25 - Dec 12 with 1378 viewsN2_Blue

Walton Jan recall? on 11:08 - Dec 12 by Romeo4

Not only does he not make many saves but he also doesn’t dominate his box. Can’t put my finger on it completely but he just looks small, even though I know he’s not. It’s noticeable how less confident our defenders our when he’s playing behind them.

I have no beef with him and would love him to prove me wrong but I just don’t see him as an effective 1st choice keeper at this level.

Walton going would almost be disastrous looking at what we have.

Agree with the point about hdladky looking small. First home game of season against morecambe and he stood in the goal in front of SBR at start of game I was shocked how small and diminutive he looked.

I immediately looked up his height because I was so surprised. I was almost as surprised to see him listed as 6’2. He doesn’t look it and even if he is, he doesn’t have the build of a person that ‘fills’ the goal.

Goalkeepers are 50% confidence and when that goes it’s nigh on impossible to recover at the same club. Think his career is done here unfortunately and we’ll need to look elsewhere. Holy not good enough as a No1 either, fine as our back up.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Walton Jan recall? on 11:44 - Dec 12 with 1313 viewsChrisd

Walton Jan recall? on 11:25 - Dec 12 by N2_Blue

Walton going would almost be disastrous looking at what we have.

Agree with the point about hdladky looking small. First home game of season against morecambe and he stood in the goal in front of SBR at start of game I was shocked how small and diminutive he looked.

I immediately looked up his height because I was so surprised. I was almost as surprised to see him listed as 6’2. He doesn’t look it and even if he is, he doesn’t have the build of a person that ‘fills’ the goal.

Goalkeepers are 50% confidence and when that goes it’s nigh on impossible to recover at the same club. Think his career is done here unfortunately and we’ll need to look elsewhere. Holy not good enough as a No1 either, fine as our back up.

You don't have to have a huge presence to be a good goalkeeper, look at both Peter Shilton and Shay Given both around 6ft. As you say being confident, decisive with a strong mentality are key components. For me, it's all about doing your job, managing those variables without too much fuss that makes a good goalkeeper and Walton does that very well IMO.

Walton Jan recall? on 11:51 - Dec 12 with 1281 viewsFightingEssex

Walton Jan recall? on 10:51 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

Makes letting Cornell go look like another great Cook decision..

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024