Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home 13:55 - Dec 12 with 2185 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

For that to happen I would imagine he would need to be appointed by Monday to give him a week on the training ground. Seeing as though we still have no idea who it is going to be, that won't be happening. So McGreal gets the Pack out PR campaign.

I am very nervous for Saturday, could end up being a great idea, or the worst idea ever. Would absolutely love McGreal to get a huge win in front of a full house.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 14:02 - Dec 12 with 2142 viewsKieran_Knows

Absolutely no chance Ashton misses the chance to introduce the new manager in front of a 27k+ crowd.

Whether he takes the game or not, is another matter.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 14:05 - Dec 12 with 2127 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 14:02 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

Absolutely no chance Ashton misses the chance to introduce the new manager in front of a 27k+ crowd.

I would imagine so.

I know Ashton likes keeping things in house, but I still feel like nobody really knows what is going on, and when things are close, there are leaks. Been a really interesting manager search, I still think it will end up being someone that nobody has mentioned yet.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 14:11 - Dec 12 with 2091 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 14:02 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

Which means he has until Friday or even Saturday morning to get it all sorted.

I can't imagine that they would be able to have it all arranged but not announced until just before 3pm - the media would be bound to get wind of it.

Ultimately it is far more important to get the right person than to have someone in place in time to manage on Saturday.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 14:16 - Dec 12 with 2071 viewsKieran_Knows

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 14:11 - Dec 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Which means he has until Friday or even Saturday morning to get it all sorted.

I can't imagine that they would be able to have it all arranged but not announced until just before 3pm - the media would be bound to get wind of it.

Ultimately it is far more important to get the right person than to have someone in place in time to manage on Saturday.

Oh I’m sure any deal will be announced before then, just Ashton will more than likely want to parade them around PR before the game kicks off (as I say, whether they’re actually in charge for the game or not is another matter).

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:07 - Dec 12 with 1927 viewsSitfcB

Got a feeling the new manager will be announced tomorrow.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:19 - Dec 12 with 1876 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:07 - Dec 12 by SitfcB

Who is it going to be Sitters ?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:29 - Dec 12 with 1827 viewsArnieM

I’m really fearful that it’s going to be Harris …can’t for the life of me see how that’s “getting it right “

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:34 - Dec 12 with 1809 viewsFixed_It

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:07 - Dec 12 by SitfcB

I don't think it will be. Not if they are meeting a number of candidates face-to-face like they said they would.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:38 - Dec 12 with 1788 viewsArnieM

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:34 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

I don't think it will be. Not if they are meeting a number of candidates face-to-face like they said they would.

Yes you’d assume this last week was about gather8mg / reviewing the applications and compiling a short list. Maybe even start video initial interviews…. Second interview this coming week? I think it’ll be announced just prior to Sunderland game…and McGreal takes charge of that game before handing over.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:48 - Dec 12 with 1750 viewsJ2BLUE

I wish people would give Ashton a break. What good is it doing?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:55 - Dec 12 with 1721 viewsLankHenners

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:48 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

What bad is it doing to very mildly suggest he's got a bit of an ego?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:01 - Dec 12 with 1669 viewsbazza

Bet vIctor had Neil Warnock at 3-1 earlier.. and wouldn’t take a bet.
I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:07 - Dec 12 with 1651 viewsKieran_Knows

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:48 - Dec 12 by J2BLUE

I’m not even slating him or anything to be honest. Just think next weekend is too good of an opportunity to not introduce the new manager.

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:32 - Dec 12 with 1579 viewsfranz_tyson

This bloody Sunderland game. More important things than showcasing the owners in front of of a sellout crowd where they’d expect a win. I’d rather they took the extra time to get the right one and make up some lame excuse that the owners couldn’t travel due to Covid.
I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:46 - Dec 12 with 1521 viewsFixed_It

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 15:55 - Dec 12 by LankHenners

What bad is it doing to very mildly suggest he's got a bit of an ego?

It suggests that we are listening to the bitter Bristol City fans for a start.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:53 - Dec 12 with 1477 viewsLankHenners

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:46 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

No it doesn’t. You just have to listen to the man to realise he likes a bit of praise in his direction.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:59 - Dec 12 with 1447 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:07 - Dec 12 by Kieran_Knows

I’m not even slating him or anything to be honest. Just think next weekend is too good of an opportunity to not introduce the new manager.

The other side of that coin is that there are 3 sell-outs or near-sell-outs coming up so which one it is makes little difference and one could argue that if you wait until the next home match after those you get a chance to increase the gate for fans to come and see the new manager!

I would imagine they will announce the new manager once it is sorted. In normal times that would be this week. If it isn't it would suggest they are having some trouble either identifying or attracting who they want (or both).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 17:53 - Dec 12 with 1371 viewsFevsBCFC

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 16:46 - Dec 12 by Fixed_It

I said I’d return when you appointed your new manager. I think a lot of you expected that to have concluded by now, so I’m a bit surprised to post on Sunday evening with no appointment made. Maybe tomorrow?

FWIW, when Johnson was sacked, Lansdown entrusted his son and Ashton to appoint the next manager. Ashton stated they spoke to over 10 “applicants”, narrowed down to 4 and spoke to those 4 at least twice. It took 5-6 weeks to conclude. I know you will conclude yours quicker than that. It is well known that Holden, Hughton and Cook were 3 of the 4. We never found out who the 4th was, some think it was Alex Neil. Ashton did try Gerrard right at the start, that was the height of the ambition, but it didn’t get past his agent / Rangers.

As some of your posters have alluded to, this is an appointment to get right, not a PR exercise for POPR v Sunderland. Having said that with a window ahead, you need to give the new man as much time to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the existing group. Do any of your loans, aside from Bonne, have return clauses? Might give some manoeuvrability too.

The only bitterness from Bristol City fans, me included, is the mess our club was left in, and that he played a part in making that mess. There is no bitterness toward your club at all.
I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 20:00 - Dec 12 with 1167 viewsMullet

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 17:53 - Dec 12 by FevsBCFC

I said I’d return when you appointed your new manager. I think a lot of you expected that to have concluded by now, so I’m a bit surprised to post on Sunday evening with no appointment made. Maybe tomorrow?

FWIW, when Johnson was sacked, Lansdown entrusted his son and Ashton to appoint the next manager. Ashton stated they spoke to over 10 “applicants”, narrowed down to 4 and spoke to those 4 at least twice. It took 5-6 weeks to conclude. I know you will conclude yours quicker than that. It is well known that Holden, Hughton and Cook were 3 of the 4. We never found out who the 4th was, some think it was Alex Neil. Ashton did try Gerrard right at the start, that was the height of the ambition, but it didn’t get past his agent / Rangers.

As some of your posters have alluded to, this is an appointment to get right, not a PR exercise for POPR v Sunderland. Having said that with a window ahead, you need to give the new man as much time to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the existing group. Do any of your loans, aside from Bonne, have return clauses? Might give some manoeuvrability too.

The only bitterness from Bristol City fans, me included, is the mess our club was left in, and that he played a part in making that mess. There is no bitterness toward your club at all.

Odd that we haven't yet, and here you are eh?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 21:19 - Dec 12 with 994 viewsitfcjoe

If not appointed within the next couple of days you'd imagine he'll be in the stands with McGreal in charge if appointed at latter end of the week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 21:25 - Dec 12 with 952 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I did assume that the New managers first game would be Sunderland at home on 21:19 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

If not appointed within the next couple of days you'd imagine he'll be in the stands with McGreal in charge if appointed at latter end of the week

Imagine so, New gaffer would need a good week training, especially as we have Barrow in the middle of it. He won't get that, so will be McGreal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024