Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s think about it 07:59 - Dec 13 with 2332 viewsboncho1977

I don’t think the new manager is any of the names mentioned.

Ashton recruited Mcgreal as he knew he was going to sack Cook. However Ashton must have had someone in mind and i believe something has been agreed.

Mcgreal wouldn’t come as an under 23 manager so i believe he has a bigger part to play as the link up between the new manager and the club.

I honestly think we are getting someone from Europe or MLS, I think it will be announced today or tomorrow. Probably someone we haven’t heard of.

I think the deal was agreed back at the Crewe game however the person is with another club and will be ok to join this week.

Let’s think about it on 09:02 - Dec 13 with 2167 viewsElephantintheRoom

You seem to think Ashton has some functioning brain cells and has a cunning plan.

Sorry to disillusion you but he is just a shameless opportunist who attached himself to O'Leary to dupe some gullible people in a faraway land that there is easy money to be made from soccer investment.

It is Town's bad luck that they found some Arizona Cowboys with saddlebags packed with borrowed money who actually were naieve enough to believe them.

The next manager will effectively be appointed by Brinsley Schwarz - and he will be looking for a 'safe pair of hands'. As he has no idea of the comlalcent and greedy gravy train riders doing the rounds of England's failing clubs the most likely option is Mick McCarthy - who might actually just be arrogant and greedy enough to give it a go - this time with 'investment' and the promise of a quick pay off.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Let’s think about it on 09:06 - Dec 13 with 2123 viewsFixed_It

Let’s think about it on 09:02 - Dec 13 by ElephantintheRoom

You seem to think Ashton has some functioning brain cells and has a cunning plan.

Sorry to disillusion you but he is just a shameless opportunist who attached himself to O'Leary to dupe some gullible people in a faraway land that there is easy money to be made from soccer investment.

It is Town's bad luck that they found some Arizona Cowboys with saddlebags packed with borrowed money who actually were naieve enough to believe them.

The next manager will effectively be appointed by Brinsley Schwarz - and he will be looking for a 'safe pair of hands'. As he has no idea of the comlalcent and greedy gravy train riders doing the rounds of England's failing clubs the most likely option is Mick McCarthy - who might actually just be arrogant and greedy enough to give it a go - this time with 'investment' and the promise of a quick pay off.

Does any of this nonsense actually make sense in your head? If so, seek help...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Let’s think about it on 09:11 - Dec 13 with 2085 viewsKeno

you mean like someone who has just finished an MLS season?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Let’s think about it on 09:15 - Dec 13 with 2042 viewsBlueNomad

You know all this do you? Do you have evidence to damn all the people you do? I doubt it.
Let’s think about it on 09:19 - Dec 13 with 2009 viewswkj

Let’s think about it on 09:06 - Dec 13 by Fixed_It

Does any of this nonsense actually make sense in your head? If so, seek help...

I think EITR posts are basically Artificial Intelligence posts from an algorithm that has become sentient. The 'sadsack' nuance is due to the said algorithm being depressed as the modem started shagging the toaster behind his back.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 9:19]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Let’s think about it on 09:23 - Dec 13 with 1965 viewsEwan_Oozami

Let’s think about it on 09:19 - Dec 13 by wkj

I think EITR posts are basically Artificial Intelligence posts from an algorithm that has become sentient. The 'sadsack' nuance is due to the said algorithm being depressed as the modem started shagging the toaster behind his back.

Marvin the paranoid android maybe?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Let’s think about it on 09:24 - Dec 13 with 1953 viewswkj

Let’s think about it on 09:23 - Dec 13 by Ewan_Oozami

Marvin the paranoid android maybe?

Possibly, but he might have too much charisma. Maureen the 90's fax machine maybe/

Crybaby

Let’s think about it on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 1931 viewsChurchman

I hope it was a consenting toaster.
Login to get fewer ads

Let’s think about it on 09:28 - Dec 13 with 1905 viewswkj

Let’s think about it on 09:26 - Dec 13 by Churchman

I hope it was a consenting toaster.

The toaster isn't known for being very... well... conservative. Once took the microwave and the electric tin opener at the same time - sparks went flying.

Crybaby

Let’s think about it on 09:32 - Dec 13 with 1862 viewsChurchman

Let’s think about it on 09:28 - Dec 13 by wkj

The toaster isn't known for being very... well... conservative. Once took the microwave and the electric tin opener at the same time - sparks went flying.

Let’s hope it knew which side it’s bread was buttered
Let’s think about it on 09:32 - Dec 13 with 1861 viewsclive_baker

If it was agreed why hasn't he been announced yet and why are we continuing to interview other people? Feels odd to delay something already agreed and compromise 2 big league games, and soon an FA cup replay and 3rd big league game.

Feels to me like the search only kicked off in earnest when Cook was sacked.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Let’s think about it on 09:32 - Dec 13 with 1853 viewsEwan_Oozami

Let’s think about it on 09:28 - Dec 13 by wkj

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Let’s think about it on 09:38 - Dec 13 with 1806 viewsBlueBlood90

Let’s think about it on 09:32 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

If it was agreed why hasn't he been announced yet and why are we continuing to interview other people? Feels odd to delay something already agreed and compromise 2 big league games, and soon an FA cup replay and 3rd big league game.

Feels to me like the search only kicked off in earnest when Cook was sacked.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the sacking of Cook was purely an impulse decision off the back of the Barrow game.

I don't think Harris is nailed on to be manager. Cook's been gone for 9 days now so if Harris was our number 1 target then surely he would've been appointed by now.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Let’s think about it on 09:42 - Dec 13 with 1776 viewsGuthrum

Why wouldn't McGreal come in as an U23 coach? Gives him something to do while looking for his next senior managerial role, keeps him involved in training and in a position to be spotted ay a future employer. Especially if he still lives locally.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Let’s think about it on 09:48 - Dec 13 with 1712 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Let’s think about it on 09:38 - Dec 13 by BlueBlood90

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the sacking of Cook was purely an impulse decision off the back of the Barrow game.

I don't think Harris is nailed on to be manager. Cook's been gone for 9 days now so if Harris was our number 1 target then surely he would've been appointed by now.

My thinking too. Its known he's applied and we've spoke to him. If we wanted him, it would be done by now. The fact it isn't makes me wonder if he's our safety net to fall back on.
Let’s think about it on 10:01 - Dec 13 with 1637 viewsghostofescobar

Being generous with the "Intelligence" but think you are right. Definitely a glitch in the Matrix.

GhostOfEscobar

Let’s think about it on 10:02 - Dec 13 with 1608 viewsGuthrum

Let’s think about it on 09:38 - Dec 13 by BlueBlood90

Perhaps not so much an 'impulse' decision as a "final straw" one.

We have to allow for the fact that people will apply for the job one the vacancy becomes public and some of those might be worthy of consideration. Nine days (including two weekends) isn't that long, really, for formal approaches to candidates and negotiation. Especially if the preferred man is currently employed by someone else, or is foreign and needs work permits arranging.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Let’s think about it on 10:07 - Dec 13 with 1563 viewsTractorCam

That is some take.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Let’s think about it on 12:18 - Dec 13 with 1386 viewsbluejacko

So your back spouting your views! Yet when asked your remedy to how things could have been done any better deadly silence! Speak up and let’s have your words of ‘wisdom’.
Let’s think about it on 12:29 - Dec 13 with 1334 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Let’s think about it on 18:56 - Dec 13 with 1040 viewsArnieM

Lol, you’ve just got to be a budgie …. Never read such a load of shyte as that ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Let’s think about it on 19:32 - Dec 13 with 897 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ah, that actually makes sense.

Well, more sense than anything EITR has ever posted.

The only thing that amazes me more than the fact EITR bothers posting insane ramblings is that so many of us bother giving it the space of a reply (and yes, I do recognise the irony of that statement).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024