Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame Hughton managed Norwich 17:15 - Dec 13 with 2101 viewskizaitfc

Otherwise I think many fans would be touting him to be the man for the job.

See Steve Bruce has also hit the betting odds out at 33/1, lets hope he stays that way

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:17 - Dec 13 with 1783 viewstextbackup

Norwich connections don’t matter in the slightest to be, if he’s the best man for the job, get him in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:19 - Dec 13 with 1752 viewsfooters

Don't think many would care at this point.

Although we're running out of 'successful' Nodge managers at this point with him and Farke.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:19 - Dec 13 with 1754 viewsChurchman

I’d have no problem with Hughton. I think he is a lot better candidate than either old man Warnock, Harris or most of the others on that sad (if true) list.

I doubt he’s mentioned because surely he’d want a Championship club.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 17:23]
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:32 - Dec 13 with 1660 viewsBLUEBEAT

Would be happy with Hughton.

Poll: W or W

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:43 - Dec 13 with 1612 viewskizaitfc

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:19 - Dec 13 by Churchman

I’d have no problem with Hughton. I think he is a lot better candidate than either old man Warnock, Harris or most of the others on that sad (if true) list.

I doubt he’s mentioned because surely he’d want a Championship club.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 17:23]

Just been sacked from a struggling championship side so dropping to league 1 not out of the realms of possibilities.

Surprised he hasnt really had a mention though

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:45 - Dec 13 with 1602 viewsIpswich24

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:32 - Dec 13 by BLUEBEAT

Would be happy with Hughton.

Absolutely not a bore of a manager.. look.what Forest have done since getting rid. With the same players too!

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:53 - Dec 13 with 1548 viewsTrumptonBlue

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:45 - Dec 13 by Ipswich24

Absolutely not a bore of a manager.. look.what Forest have done since getting rid. With the same players too!

Yes, Forest's record this season hasn't done much for his reputation.

With Hughton:
W 0, D 1, L 6

Without Hughton:
W 8, D 6, L 1
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:55 - Dec 13 with 1541 viewsFixed_It

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:45 - Dec 13 by Ipswich24

Forest have been on fire since they dumped him. Were really poor whilst he was there.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 18:07 - Dec 13 with 1489 viewsRyorry

I'd been wondering about him & why he'd not been mentioned as a candidate yet, in a post on another thread late last night, but had got his surname wrong, doh!

As others have said, past history really doesn't matter - after all, we accepted Lambert well enough when he first arrived.

I'd be happy if he were appointed.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 18:08]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 18:08 - Dec 13 with 1483 viewstimothyeo

Would be a huge change of emphasis though - defence first.
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 18:13 - Dec 13 with 1439 viewsBeckets

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 18:08 - Dec 13 by timothyeo

Would be a huge change of emphasis though - defence first.

We’ve got to stop employing managers on a downward curve like Hughton, Warnock etc. We made that mistake with the likes of Jewell, Lambert and possibly Cook.
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 18:19 - Dec 13 with 1401 viewsKeaneish

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 17:53 - Dec 13 by TrumptonBlue

Yes, Forest's record this season hasn't done much for his reputation.

With Hughton:
W 0, D 1, L 6

Without Hughton:
W 8, D 6, L 1

I went to watch one of his later matches at Brighton before getting the hook. It’d be fair to say he’d gone into full self preservation mode by then. The football was very defensive and unadventurous and the atmosphere on the terraces, hostile.

It’s a “no” from me.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I don't care anymore on 18:30 - Dec 13 with 1360 viewsScottCandage

Anyone who can make us better is who I want. I'd rather it not be Mick (he can't come back after telling the fans to fo) or Colin (the right CV but we can't be hiring another manager in June).

I wouldn't care if Delia or Stephen Fry were appointed as our manager, as long as they can improve us.
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:00 - Dec 13 with 1246 viewsBlueBadger

No budgies, no Pauls.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:01 - Dec 13 with 1234 viewsBlueBadger

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 18:19 - Dec 13 by Keaneish

I went to watch one of his later matches at Brighton before getting the hook. It’d be fair to say he’d gone into full self preservation mode by then. The football was very defensive and unadventurous and the atmosphere on the terraces, hostile.

It’s a “no” from me.

He just needed more time to gel his team.

The drama queens forced him out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:09 - Dec 13 with 1192 viewscressi

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:01 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

It's ten years to late his boat has sailed.
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:18 - Dec 13 with 1137 viewsbilllm

Out of the names flouted, he would be the one I'd like,
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:30 - Dec 13 with 1095 viewsGOSBTS

Suffolk based Brighton fan here. Very glad to see this thread.

Hughton is arguably our best ever manager. Took us from a relegation-threatened Championship side part way through a season to safety, play-off the next (missing out on automatics on goal difference), promotion the next and two seasons in the PL, with an FA Cup semi-final too. Considering that was his second to last job, that is hugely impressive. It didn’t work out for him at Forest, but he still kept them up. And besides, who has it worked out for at Forest in the last ten years? His reputation has been unfairly tarnished by a bad 2 month period at the end of his Brighton career and it not going right at Forest.

Those who say Hughton is defence-minded are short-sighted. He was for Brighton and Norwich in the PL, but he had to be where survival is everything. Anyone who watched Brighton for the two years we were in the Championship with him will know that the football was excellent. We beat the budgies 5-0 for crying out loud!

Dignified, humble and hard-working. Chris is a wonderful manager and human being and I genuinely don’t think he’d have anything to lose coming to Ipswich - and possibly everything to gain.
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:48 - Dec 13 with 1044 viewsRyorry

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:30 - Dec 13 by GOSBTS

Hughton is arguably our best ever manager. Took us from a relegation-threatened Championship side part way through a season to safety, play-off the next (missing out on automatics on goal difference), promotion the next and two seasons in the PL, with an FA Cup semi-final too. Considering that was his second to last job, that is hugely impressive. It didn’t work out for him at Forest, but he still kept them up. And besides, who has it worked out for at Forest in the last ten years? His reputation has been unfairly tarnished by a bad 2 month period at the end of his Brighton career and it not going right at Forest.

Those who say Hughton is defence-minded are short-sighted. He was for Brighton and Norwich in the PL, but he had to be where survival is everything. Anyone who watched Brighton for the two years we were in the Championship with him will know that the football was excellent. We beat the budgies 5-0 for crying out loud!

Dignified, humble and hard-working. Chris is a wonderful manager and human being and I genuinely don’t think he’d have anything to lose coming to Ipswich - and possibly everything to gain.

Excellent insights & balanced view greatly appreciated, thanks.

All best to you and BAHA for rest of the season 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:54 - Dec 13 with 1019 viewsclive_baker

Heard from a reliable source that Steve Bruce wants it. Can’t imagine we want him though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:56 - Dec 13 with 1003 viewsfooters

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:54 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

Heard from a reliable source that Steve Bruce wants it. Can’t imagine we want him though.

Bruce can want whatever he likes, but I'd rather he works on some more works of fiction for us to enjoy.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:56 - Dec 13 with 1004 viewsOsborneOneNil

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:30 - Dec 13 by GOSBTS

Cheers, but no thanks. My Forest supporting mate was bored to death of him there.
Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 20:15 - Dec 13 with 948 viewsKeaneish

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:01 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

That’s hindsight, not foresight. Get those two the right way round and you’ll go a lot further in your endeavours Badge.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 20:31 - Dec 13 with 881 viewsIllinoisblue

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 19:54 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

Surprised he’s not retiring.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 20:32 - Dec 13 with 882 viewsBlueBadger

Shame Hughton managed Norwich on 20:15 - Dec 13 by Keaneish

That’s hindsight, not foresight. Get those two the right way round and you’ll go a lot further in your endeavours Badge.

He just needed another 3-4 players in January. All his current players weren't playing for him.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 20:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024