Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers 23:36 - Dec 13 with 1064 viewsStokieBlue

Now I know that Amazon aren't many peoples favourite company but they are planning to start selling PCR kits for 40 GBP and if that means the dubiously granted contracts run by Tory mates aren't cleaning up at 100 GBP a pop or whatever they are charging now then that's probably a good thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/13/amazon-to-sell-low-cost-pcr-cov

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 23:58 - Dec 13 with 991 viewsfactual_blue

Ahh....not THAT sort of traveller....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 00:46 - Dec 14 with 942 viewsBasingstokeBlue

They’re about to alienate half the country by refusing to take payments from Visa cards, form mid-January. Ripping people off for self-test kits doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 01:35 - Dec 14 with 906 viewsChorleyBoy

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 05:59 - Dec 14 with 821 viewsGitileaks

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 00:46 - Dec 14 by BasingstokeBlue

They’re about to alienate half the country by refusing to take payments from Visa cards, form mid-January. Ripping people off for self-test kits doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Get a Curve card.

Credit to whoever it was on here who recommended it to me a few years ago.

All your cards on one card and you can use Visa cards on Amazon via Curve. Cashback at various places as well.
Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 07:33 - Dec 14 with 753 viewsStokieBlue

Ripping people off by selling then cheaper than the companies run by Tory mates who got the contracts in highly dubious ways?

SB

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 07:38 - Dec 14 with 744 viewsVaughan8

It's not all visa, just visa credit cards.

And ripping people off doesn't make sense if they're cheaper than the alternative.

Personally used Randox and they seem reasonably priced (compared to some) and were quick with results.
Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 07:43 - Dec 14 with 734 viewstextbackup

Randox are £36-£43 a test and brilliant service. Not £100

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:09 - Dec 14 with 696 viewsIpswichKnight

That’s not actually true, it’s only VISA credit cards you will still be shoe to use your VISA debit cards on Amazon.
Login to get fewer ads

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:09 - Dec 14 with 695 viewsStokieBlue

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 07:43 - Dec 14 by textbackup

Randox are £36-£43 a test and brilliant service. Not £100

You've picked one service, there are many others that are more expensive and didn't have to do much to get the contracts except being friends of Tories.

Glad to hear that Randox are well priced and reliable. I'm sure that information will be useful to many.

SB
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 8:10]

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:13 - Dec 14 with 673 viewsBlueBadger

Strictly speaking, they're going to alienate 52% of the country by doing that...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:14 - Dec 14 with 662 viewstextbackup

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:09 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

You've picked one service, there are many others that are more expensive and didn't have to do much to get the contracts except being friends of Tories.

Glad to hear that Randox are well priced and reliable. I'm sure that information will be useful to many.

SB
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 8:10]

Of course I picked one service, why on earth would I/anyone pick a £100 test when these are available at the £40 mark?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:15 - Dec 14 with 660 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What's more the Bezos chip will leave you with an irresistible urge to shop around while you are there.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers (n/t) on 09:34 - Dec 14 with 591 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:15 - Dec 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

What's more the Bezos chip will leave you with an irresistible urge to shop around while you are there.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 9:35]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 09:42 - Dec 14 with 568 viewsSwansea_Blue

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 08:13 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

Strictly speaking, they're going to alienate 52% of the country by doing that...

Is there no end to all these Brexit 'benefits'?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 11:38 - Dec 14 with 516 viewsArnoldMoorhen

This happens every couple of years. Amazon play hardball with one of the card merchants over processing fees. Announce that you can't use those cards from a certain date. Then, guess what? Suddenly a deal is announced and you can use them after all. Usually a few days before the deadline, sometimes just after.

I think it only applies to Visa Credit cards, not Visa Debit Cards. Most people have a debit card and will shift their preferred payment card accordingly.
Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 11:41 - Dec 14 with 509 viewsJ2BLUE

Amazon to sell PCR tests for travellers on 05:59 - Dec 14 by Gitileaks

Get a Curve card.

Credit to whoever it was on here who recommended it to me a few years ago.

All your cards on one card and you can use Visa cards on Amazon via Curve. Cashback at various places as well.

No idea how I managed to post the above under that username ^

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024