Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harris 08:00 - Dec 14 with 804 viewssaffers12

Not for me but 100% support

I thought Cook and Lambert would be good managers so hoping the opposite is true

Quite possibly Harris is what we need not what we want
Harris on 08:05 - Dec 14 with 751 viewsOwainG1992

Exactly.

Back the manager.

The good thing about the ownership is if he fails, We'll move on in the summer.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Harris on 08:10 - Dec 14 with 724 viewsSomethingBlue

A touch underwhelming *if* it is him — but it shouldn't take anything particularly intricate to get a tune out of this group of players and, remember, this project can only really grow legs as soon as we go up. I can understand why we would go down this route and Harris is a decent candidate for it; it's high-risk in its way though because if he doesn't get us moving we're looking for yet another manager in 6-12 months.

Also he's a genuinely nice bloke from dealings with him, I hope if he's appointed people are kind and supportive as he would work exceptionally hard for the club.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Harris on 08:14 - Dec 14 with 691 viewsitfcjoe

Maybe it will help that the manager isn't held up as a messiah who can do no wrong from Day 1 and will actually need to earn that status rather than be given it.

It is, no doubt, underwhelming when you look at how the club has moved off the pitch since takeover - but think it's clear to see we have some quality that just needs organising, to work harder and to be much more effective at winning games and these are things Harris is more than capable of.

Would a more rookie manager have been able to get the respect of this dressing room quickly, or maybe things could have spiralled? I'd have still preferred to take that risk, but it's not my money or job on the line - and a 'safe' approach should still see us right up there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harris on 08:17 - Dec 14 with 661 viewsportmanking

Harris on 08:14 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

Maybe it will help that the manager isn't held up as a messiah who can do no wrong from Day 1 and will actually need to earn that status rather than be given it.

It is, no doubt, underwhelming when you look at how the club has moved off the pitch since takeover - but think it's clear to see we have some quality that just needs organising, to work harder and to be much more effective at winning games and these are things Harris is more than capable of.

Would a more rookie manager have been able to get the respect of this dressing room quickly, or maybe things could have spiralled? I'd have still preferred to take that risk, but it's not my money or job on the line - and a 'safe' approach should still see us right up there

I think my feeling is that this is like the Mark Hughes City and Eddie Howe Newcastle appointments post-takeover. Safe pair of hands to steady the ship and provide organisation, with hopefully a view to upgrading in the Championship.

That has to be the owners' way of thinking, surely? If not, I fail to see how Ashton/O'Leary's decision-making has differed to Evans.
Harris on 08:21 - Dec 14 with 593 viewsitfcjoe

Harris on 08:17 - Dec 14 by portmanking

I think my feeling is that this is like the Mark Hughes City and Eddie Howe Newcastle appointments post-takeover. Safe pair of hands to steady the ship and provide organisation, with hopefully a view to upgrading in the Championship.

That has to be the owners' way of thinking, surely? If not, I fail to see how Ashton/O'Leary's decision-making has differed to Evans.

Always all this is with a big hypothetical *IF* this is the case....

But I think some still aren't seeing just how poor a job Paul Cook did here, and how far behind where we should be we are - this is a panic move in many respects because we needed to panic.

I know of a couple of names that the powers that be here like/liked, but they are seen as people who may be able to pick us up when established in the Championship - we are miles of that now. We need someone to turn us into what Cook turned Wigan into, or Harris turned Millwall into and then take the next step from there.

We are absolutely miles off it - for all the talk of a long term plan, as I've said a few times - the long term plan is getting from the Champ to the PL, there is and can be nothing long term about getting out of this league - nothing can be built in League 1. the league eats you up and spits you out and you'll turnover 10 players each summer whilst it does so.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harris on 08:33 - Dec 14 with 485 viewsBondiBlue

Harris on 08:21 - Dec 14 by itfcjoe

Always all this is with a big hypothetical *IF* this is the case....

But I think some still aren't seeing just how poor a job Paul Cook did here, and how far behind where we should be we are - this is a panic move in many respects because we needed to panic.

I know of a couple of names that the powers that be here like/liked, but they are seen as people who may be able to pick us up when established in the Championship - we are miles of that now. We need someone to turn us into what Cook turned Wigan into, or Harris turned Millwall into and then take the next step from there.

We are absolutely miles off it - for all the talk of a long term plan, as I've said a few times - the long term plan is getting from the Champ to the PL, there is and can be nothing long term about getting out of this league - nothing can be built in League 1. the league eats you up and spits you out and you'll turnover 10 players each summer whilst it does so.

Agree. Also, a long-term plan doesn't have to involve just one manager, just as it's unrealistic to involve just one number 9. One guy will score you goals in league one, it will probably be someone else doing it at the top end of the championship.

Good long-term planning for me would be to wait until manning has more experience under his belt before appointing him.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Harris on 08:33 - Dec 14 with 482 viewsChrisd

That's exactly how I'm seeing it Saffers.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024