Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In praise of LFTs 08:38 - Dec 14 with 672 viewsgiant_stow

Many people in school and in my friends groups have picked up covid positives from LTFs in the last week or so. They really are worth bothering with - use them if you can find them!

Edited title cos I'm a dunce innit.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 8:43]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In praise of LTFs on 08:41 - Dec 14 with 640 viewshomer_123

What are these LTFs you speak of?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

In praise of LTFs on 08:42 - Dec 14 with 630 viewsgiant_stow

In praise of LTFs on 08:41 - Dec 14 by homer_123

I'm an idiot - I'll change the title now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In praise of LTFs on 08:44 - Dec 14 with 606 viewshomer_123

In praise of LTFs on 08:42 - Dec 14 by giant_stow

I'm an idiot - I'll change the title now.

Couldn't resist Ulla!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

In praise of LTFs on 08:47 - Dec 14 with 583 viewsgiant_stow

In praise of LTFs on 08:44 - Dec 14 by homer_123

Couldn't resist Ulla!

Not at all - you were right to correct - that was a public service broadcast from the UBC, so facts are important!

In praise of LTFs on 09:24 - Dec 14 with 519 viewsbluelagos

In praise of LTFs on 08:41 - Dec 14 by homer_123

What are these LFTs he speaks of now he's edited?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

In praise of LFTs on 09:39 - Dec 14 with 480 viewsSwansea_Blue

No idea how reliable they are, but we've been heavily dependent on them. They're a requirement for all the swimming competitions our kids have been doing and we're using them voluntarily for some work and social activities. If they are reliable, it seems the easiest way by far to try to catch outbreaks before they happen. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the need to use them. They're so easy to use too - after the first few, they become routine and only take a minute (+ the 30 minute wait).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In praise of LTFs on 09:55 - Dec 14 with 451 viewsgiant_stow

In praise of LTFs on 09:24 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

What are these LFTs he speaks of now he's edited?

Gawd have a I still messed it up?!

I can't even see this one.

I was with someone who has now since confirmed as positive and have been coughing all night, so about to test one out - I must have it, so it'll be interesting to see if the test spots it.

I know we shouldn't extrapolate personal experience into any sense of wider trends, but I reckon these guestimates of 200,000 a day yesterday are right - it suddenly seems everywhere. Brace brace brace.

In praise of LTFs on 10:00 - Dec 14 with 434 viewsbluelagos

In praise of LTFs on 09:55 - Dec 14 by giant_stow

Gawd have a I still messed it up?!

I can't even see this one.

I was with someone who has now since confirmed as positive and have been coughing all night, so about to test one out - I must have it, so it'll be interesting to see if the test spots it.

I know we shouldn't extrapolate personal experience into any sense of wider trends, but I reckon these guestimates of 200,000 a day yesterday are right - it suddenly seems everywhere. Brace brace brace.

Oh, I get to give a whoosh :-)

I was playing, on the basis that there are reports of shortages of LFT tests, now the govt has gone all in on "scare the fck out of everyone"* mode.

*That's not actually a criticism. Sometimes you need shock tactics to get people to do basic things like wearing a mask on a crowded tube. I was in London last night and I have to say the mask wearing on the tube was near universal.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

In praise of LTFs on 10:21 - Dec 14 with 407 viewsgiant_stow

In praise of LTFs on 10:00 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

Oh, I get to give a whoosh :-)

I was playing, on the basis that there are reports of shortages of LFT tests, now the govt has gone all in on "scare the fck out of everyone"* mode.

*That's not actually a criticism. Sometimes you need shock tactics to get people to do basic things like wearing a mask on a crowded tube. I was in London last night and I have to say the mask wearing on the tube was near universal.

You've whooshed an ill person you brute! Another vote of confidence in Lateral Flow tests here with a positive for me.

In praise of LFTs on 10:24 - Dec 14 with 397 viewsWD19

I will second that. I know not everyone thinks taking an LFT before going out is necessary, but if it were not for a test last Tuesday morning I might have gone to Charlton with what I thought were booster side effects - but turned out to be the early stages of COVID.
In praise of LFTs on 10:26 - Dec 14 with 387 viewsgiant_stow

In praise of LFTs on 10:24 - Dec 14 by WD19

I will second that. I know not everyone thinks taking an LFT before going out is necessary, but if it were not for a test last Tuesday morning I might have gone to Charlton with what I thought were booster side effects - but turned out to be the early stages of COVID.

Hope you're baring up ok?

My mum has just done an LFT and also tested positive - she's 82 but has had a booster, so hopefully that'll be enough to see her through.

In praise of LFTs on 10:27 - Dec 14 with 385 viewsfooters

Don't know about that. Tube's been dodgy for as long as I can recall and no sign of travel getting any cheaper either.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In praise of LTFs on 10:29 - Dec 14 with 378 viewsfarkenhell

In praise of LTFs on 10:21 - Dec 14 by giant_stow

You've whooshed an ill person you brute! Another vote of confidence in Lateral Flow tests here with a positive for me.

Hope you're fully recovered soon.

Had my booster yesterday. Got chatting to a lady in front of me in the queue. She told me that she caught Covid back in March 2020 (before the vaccines). She was very ill with it and still requires an inhaler, more than 18 months later. Described herself as in perfect health beforehand.

She then told me that her son, aged 28, has refused the vaccine.
In praise of LTFs on 10:31 - Dec 14 with 369 viewsgiant_stow

In praise of LTFs on 10:29 - Dec 14 by farkenhell

Hope you're fully recovered soon.

Had my booster yesterday. Got chatting to a lady in front of me in the queue. She told me that she caught Covid back in March 2020 (before the vaccines). She was very ill with it and still requires an inhaler, more than 18 months later. Described herself as in perfect health beforehand.

She then told me that her son, aged 28, has refused the vaccine.

Cheers mr. That story's shocking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024