Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those that spoke about Lampard 10:01 - Dec 14 with 2882 viewstextbackup

really did set themselves up for a fall from grace didnt they.

We are a mid table league 1 team, and have been for 3 seasons.

If it is Harris we are still slightly punching considering he's spent majority of his time in the championship.

All aboard the Neil Harris fun bus, it might not be pretty, but i think we've all come to realise that passing our way out of league 1 isnt working

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:03 - Dec 14 with 2432 viewsportmanking

Your last paragraph just doesn't hold any water.

Teams DO get promoted playing good football. It's about having the right system and round pegs in round holes. I'm more worried about going up 'agriculturally' and attempting to switch our style in the Champ than trying to get our passing style right in League 1.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:03 - Dec 14 with 2421 viewsDMDC

Lampard was never realistic, l dont know what people were expecting.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:03 - Dec 14 with 2409 viewsBlueBadger

Agreed with you there. I can't say that I'm enthused about Harris but he might be what we need right now.

If he gets us winning more than one game in a row, he'll see some support.

/edited - thought you said 'Lambert in your first line. More coffee needed.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 10:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:06 - Dec 14 with 2388 viewsJeanManuelThetis

Which teams from League One have gone on to the Premiership in the last 15 years? I can think of Norwich, Southampton, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Leeds.

I'd say most of those got out of League 1 playing pretty good football.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:09 - Dec 14 with 2359 viewsbluefunk

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:03 - Dec 14 by portmanking

Teams DO get promoted playing good football. It's about having the right system and round pegs in round holes. I'm more worried about going up 'agriculturally' and attempting to switch our style in the Champ than trying to get our passing style right in League 1.

FFS let’s deal with the problem we have, not one we can’t have until we get out of this one
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:13 - Dec 14 with 2305 viewstextbackup

mate i was worried if we went up to the premiership under MM that we'd be car crash..... not even considering at the time that its all about needs must and the here and now.

i get what you are saying, but i think i learned from that train of thought

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:15 - Dec 14 with 2274 viewsblueconscience

And you couldn’t make the fall much bigger than appointing someone like Harris!!!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 10:15]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:16 - Dec 14 with 2251 viewsBlueBadger

I think we need to get out of THIS division first. 'Long term projects' are a lot more sustainable in the Championship than they are in the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:17 - Dec 14 with 2244 viewsportmanking

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:16 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

I think we need to get out of THIS division first. 'Long term projects' are a lot more sustainable in the Championship than they are in the third division.

Are they though? I'm not necessarily sure you get the chance to start something sustainable in the hardest league in the world. Far better to get the ball rolling in League 1 first IMO.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:18 - Dec 14 with 2234 viewsDMDC

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:16 - Dec 14 by BlueBadger

We need some right thugs in this team to get us up. Playing football doesnt cut it in this league. Look at Rotherham and Wycombe. Worry about football when and if we get promoted.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:23 - Dec 14 with 2170 viewstextbackup

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:15 - Dec 14 by blueconscience

And you couldn’t make the fall much bigger than appointing someone like Harris!!!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 10:15]

i've not done a full check on this so might be wrong.

over the last 10 years where has Harris finished in his managerial positions as opposed to where we have fiinished as a club?

i dare say he wins 8/10 seasons?

so in all honesty, hes a better manager than we ae club

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:25 - Dec 14 with 2150 viewsbluefunk

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:23 - Dec 14 by textbackup

i've not done a full check on this so might be wrong.

over the last 10 years where has Harris finished in his managerial positions as opposed to where we have fiinished as a club?

i dare say he wins 8/10 seasons?

so in all honesty, hes a better manager than we ae club

2 play off seasons out of 2 in league one and another play off season in the Championship evidence that
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:27 - Dec 14 with 2129 viewsJDB23

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:18 - Dec 14 by DMDC

We need some right thugs in this team to get us up. Playing football doesnt cut it in this league. Look at Rotherham and Wycombe. Worry about football when and if we get promoted.

Not sure Blackpool, Peterborough and Hull were known to be League 1 shthouses. Obviously we need to improve that side of our game but you don’t have to be Wycombe to get promoted out of this league.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:28 - Dec 14 with 2122 viewstextbackup

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:25 - Dec 14 by bluefunk

2 play off seasons out of 2 in league one and another play off season in the Championship evidence that

In his first full season as manager Harris led Millwall to the League One Play-Off Final against Barnsley at Wembley after finishing 4th in the League One table and overcoming Bradford City 4—2 on aggregate in the Play — Off Semi-Finals. The Lions lost the play-off final 3—1 to Barnsley.

In 2016—17 season Harris again led Millwall to Wembley after they finished 6th in the League One table and overcame Scunthorpe United 3—2 in the Play-Off semi finals. Millwall won the play-off Final against Bradford City 1—0 to win promotion to the Championship. He also led Millwall to the F.A Cup quarter finals after knocking out 3 Premier League teams Bournemouth, Watford and Premier League Champions Leicester City before losing 6—0 against Tottenham Hotspur in the quarter finals.

On 3 October 2019, Harris resigned as manager of Millwall.[24]

Cardiff City
On 16 November 2019, Harris was appointed manager of Championship side Cardiff City.[25] In his first season, he finished 5th in the league taking Cardiff to the play-off semi-finals against Fulham.

-------------------------------

from wiki.

so he's not only had 3 playoff seasons, he's also knocked out big clubs and had FA cup runs.... if we were to replicate that, we've been a bigger success than we've been since, errrr 2007??

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:30 - Dec 14 with 2089 viewswkj

In the last year - TWTD have been serious about thinking we could get Eddie Howe, Chris Wilder, Chris Houghton and Frank Lampard. Wishful thinking at best, delusional at worst.

This is simply not an appointment many fans will end up liking at first, unfortunately.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:32 - Dec 14 with 2068 viewsbluefunk

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:28 - Dec 14 by textbackup

In his first full season as manager Harris led Millwall to the League One Play-Off Final against Barnsley at Wembley after finishing 4th in the League One table and overcoming Bradford City 4—2 on aggregate in the Play — Off Semi-Finals. The Lions lost the play-off final 3—1 to Barnsley.

In 2016—17 season Harris again led Millwall to Wembley after they finished 6th in the League One table and overcame Scunthorpe United 3—2 in the Play-Off semi finals. Millwall won the play-off Final against Bradford City 1—0 to win promotion to the Championship. He also led Millwall to the F.A Cup quarter finals after knocking out 3 Premier League teams Bournemouth, Watford and Premier League Champions Leicester City before losing 6—0 against Tottenham Hotspur in the quarter finals.

On 3 October 2019, Harris resigned as manager of Millwall.[24]

Cardiff City
On 16 November 2019, Harris was appointed manager of Championship side Cardiff City.[25] In his first season, he finished 5th in the league taking Cardiff to the play-off semi-finals against Fulham.

-------------------------------

from wiki.

so he's not only had 3 playoff seasons, he's also knocked out big clubs and had FA cup runs.... if we were to replicate that, we've been a bigger success than we've been since, errrr 2007??

This, 100% this,
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:32 - Dec 14 with 2062 viewsMattinLondon

Of course you can play good football in L1 - the reason most teams don’t play that way is because a lot of L1 managers prefer to hoof the ball up. Absolute nonsense to suggest that professional footballers can’t pass and have to play ugly football.
Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:49 - Dec 14 with 1921 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I don't know if it will be Harris or not.

Maybe what we need is meat and potatoes right now.

We have players on the books...Edmundson, Morsy, Chaplin, El Miz, Norwood, Bonne, who can bully and sh1thouse there way out of this team.

We've lacked a mean streak all season. We need one. If we smash other teams up, the players who can play are then given the freedom to do their thing.

We've always been to nice to play against. We need to be meaner to be allowed to play better football at this level.

It's like look at those classic Man Utd v Arsenal matches. Bergkamp, Veira, Lehmann, Lauren, Keane, Van Nistlcheat, Rooney, Scholes...Both sides had players that could play but were nasty elbows out players too. You scrap, don't give an inch and create a bit of breathing space for your quality players to have a positive impact on the game.

It's like look at Pigott. For a big guy he seems so polite on the pitch. I'd love him to come good, but he needs to put himself about a bit to do that. In that wimbledon side there were players doing that for him. We've been to nice across the park. THAT's why Norwood is so important. He fights for everything. He winds the opposition up to the point of losing their heads. And he scores goals. League 1 in a nutshell.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Those that spoke about Lampard on 13:54 - Dec 14 with 1686 viewsFreddy

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:03 - Dec 14 by DMDC

Lampard was never realistic, l dont know what people were expecting.

He's linked with every job that comes up, just paper talk
Those that spoke about Lampard on 14:01 - Dec 14 with 1654 viewsrickw

Yes Lampard is unlikely but so was Celina and Morsy coming to L1 when they could have gone higher, but Ashton sold them on the club and the success they'll have here.

Maybe Ashton can convince Lampard to come here and he'll be given the funding to get 2 promotions on his CV - unlikely, but.....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Those that spoke about Lampard on 14:16 - Dec 14 with 1598 viewstextbackup

Those that spoke about Lampard on 14:01 - Dec 14 by rickw

Yes Lampard is unlikely but so was Celina and Morsy coming to L1 when they could have gone higher, but Ashton sold them on the club and the success they'll have here.

Maybe Ashton can convince Lampard to come here and he'll be given the funding to get 2 promotions on his CV - unlikely, but.....

Morsy and celina both currently in the age to play and earn money

Lampard is a multi millionaire that really doesn’t need to drop to league 1

Those that spoke about Lampard on 14:19 - Dec 14 with 1573 viewsMetal_Hacker

I posted somewhere in another thread this morning , I really don't care how we get out of this this league ....... only WHEN

This is continuing to corrode the good feeling as a football club stagnating in this b00dy awful league and the sooner we're out of it the better regardless of how

Passing football or route one ,I'm really not that bothered ffs

Poll: If it were one or the other

Those that spoke about Lampard on 15:49 - Dec 14 with 1469 viewsChrisd

Those that spoke about Lampard on 10:27 - Dec 14 by JDB23

Not sure Blackpool, Peterborough and Hull were known to be League 1 shthouses. Obviously we need to improve that side of our game but you don’t have to be Wycombe to get promoted out of this league.

Quite right. Coventry City a couple of seasons back played some good football too and got out of this league as champions. Fact is, we play football in the wrong areas of the pitch which then has little impact.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 16:51]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:02 - Dec 14 with 1378 viewsitfcjoe

Those that spoke about Lampard on 15:49 - Dec 14 by Chrisd

Quite right. Coventry City a couple of seasons back played some good football too and got out of this league as champions. Fact is, we play football in the wrong areas of the pitch which then has little impact.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 16:51]

We don't even play good football - we pass it around the back with no one looking to probe or penetrate - passing for passing's sake.

If you are a good footballing side you control the ball like that in the opponents third - and that can be done even if you've got the ball into that zone directly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Those that spoke about Lampard on 16:08 - Dec 14 with 1331 viewsitfcsuth

I think post Charlton I realised and probably opened my mind to the fact we my need a more organised based manager.

I’m not sure how many people on here can truly say they know how a Neil Harris team plays as we’ve probably come up against them on minimal occasions.

Of course we want to see the lovely football, but it’s probably not what we need right now, or what is needed in this division.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024