Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
football style 10:59 - Dec 14 with 729 viewsnodge_blue

Have the new owners ever come out and said the style of football that they wanted the club to play?

Under Evans he had stated that he wanted to see us become a passing side - my simple interpretation of it. Every age group to play the same style.

Im not sure if in the supporter meetings the question has been raised, but are we under a continuation of that philosophy or is there no new philosophy?

I cant see Harris would fit if we had established that we were going to be a passing side. But now im thinking that Ashton etc have never said that we will be.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 15:01]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

football style on 12:30 - Dec 14 with 657 viewsGuthrum

A winning style.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

football style on 12:37 - Dec 14 with 639 viewsbluefunk

Evans was telling you what he thought you wanted to hear, and under Lambert we were a passing side (actually side to side in reality)

There’s a heap of utter bollix on here about style, no one gave a flying feck when MM was competing at the top the Championship, it only became an issue when we weren’t winning, so let’s get someone in who can win games in enough volume to compete, the rest is window dressing
football style on 13:08 - Dec 14 with 604 viewsborge

football style on 12:37 - Dec 14 by bluefunk

Evans was telling you what he thought you wanted to hear, and under Lambert we were a passing side (actually side to side in reality)

There’s a heap of utter bollix on here about style, no one gave a flying feck when MM was competing at the top the Championship, it only became an issue when we weren’t winning, so let’s get someone in who can win games in enough volume to compete, the rest is window dressing

Yep they did. It was tolerated but by no means enjoyed. I guess it comes down to your view as to whether winning on its own is 'entertainment'. Definitely not from my perspective but when its your football team you tolerate it because what other choice is there?
football style on 15:04 - Dec 14 with 547 viewsnodge_blue

When we were competing near the top of the championship, I did care about the football being played. I never thought we were going to beat Norwich over two legs. They could keep the ball better, pass the ball better and generally looked a football side compared to our lumps upfield and lots of running.

We need to say we are going to be a Brentford. Make a model of how the club should run, the style of football we want and the personnel on the sidelines and on the pitch that achieves it.

id like someone to ask Ashton about that.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 15:05]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

football style on 16:15 - Dec 14 with 499 viewsKropotkin123

They did though. Many people ceased renewing season tickets, as it was boring to watch.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

football style on 16:17 - Dec 14 with 500 viewsSteve_M

"There’s a heap of utter bollix on here about style, no one gave a flying feck when MM was competing at the top the Championship"

Indeed Royle's team in 04-05 were the most consciously direct ITFC team I've seen, reliant on Bent and Kuqi running the channels, but they scored loads and won loads and the vast majority of fans were happy with it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

football style on 16:29 - Dec 14 with 460 viewsOsborneOneNil

football style on 16:17 - Dec 14 by Steve_M

"There’s a heap of utter bollix on here about style, no one gave a flying feck when MM was competing at the top the Championship"

Indeed Royle's team in 04-05 were the most consciously direct ITFC team I've seen, reliant on Bent and Kuqi running the channels, but they scored loads and won loads and the vast majority of fans were happy with it.

Scored loads.......that'll be your entertainment, right there.
football style on 18:13 - Dec 14 with 409 views44_not_out

football style on 16:17 - Dec 14 by Steve_M

This!

If we become Wimbledon of the 80’s for a couple seasons and it meant us getting out of this awful league, I wouldn’t give a monkey’s.

If you left Portman Road and we had won our 9th match in succession, how we did it would be meaningless

Unless you are one of these wannabe experts that think Man City should be a yard stick. Man City play in that way because the players have the capability to do it. Teams who try this in League One rarely succeed, simply because the players are not good enough. I’ve read people saying how ‘nice on the eye’ Crewe were….. yeah, they passed it well at times, but ultimately they’ll get relegated
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024