Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Social Media Standings 11:25 - Dec 15 with 1750 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Thought this was interesting enough to share

https://play.decathlon.co.uk/articles/englands-most-popular-football-clubs

[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 11:26]
Town Social Media Standings on 11:27 - Dec 15 with 1670 viewsfooters

We'll lose in the play-offs.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Town Social Media Standings on 11:30 - Dec 15 with 1648 viewsKeno

does it include sites like this one?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town Social Media Standings on 11:44 - Dec 15 with 1564 viewsgordon

Ashton's got that pinned to his office wall, ten signings needed in January to boost our unique imprints engagements.
Town Social Media Standings on 11:48 - Dec 15 with 1533 viewsHighgateBlue

Town Social Media Standings on 11:30 - Dec 15 by Keno

does it include sites like this one?

That's a really interesting point actually. This site is really very good, and it's possible that if it were more rubbish, there would be bigger Town numbers on the other bigger sites like twitter or whatever.

I don't understand how Sunderland have got about 6 times as many bods on these sites as we have, when their attendances are only about 50% bigger. And how are Wigan so far ahead of us, when their attendances are half ours? Is it that we are amazing at mobilizing our fans to get to games, or are we comparative Luddites?
Town Social Media Standings on 12:03 - Dec 15 with 1463 viewsmonty_radio

Town Social Media Standings on 11:48 - Dec 15 by HighgateBlue

That's a really interesting point actually. This site is really very good, and it's possible that if it were more rubbish, there would be bigger Town numbers on the other bigger sites like twitter or whatever.

I don't understand how Sunderland have got about 6 times as many bods on these sites as we have, when their attendances are only about 50% bigger. And how are Wigan so far ahead of us, when their attendances are half ours? Is it that we are amazing at mobilizing our fans to get to games, or are we comparative Luddites?

The correlation between the position in this table and population/catchment and actual support is fairly clear to see as you run your eye down. Wigan are an obvious outlier. Sunderland reflects the size of catchment and those who would consider themselves Black Cats even if they never go or used to go years back.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Town Social Media Standings on 12:14 - Dec 15 with 1400 viewsJakeITFC

Maybe the Netflix effect too?
Town Social Media Standings on 12:27 - Dec 15 with 1340 viewshatch

Wigan & Bolton's position above us and Pompey surprises me.
Town Social Media Standings on 12:32 - Dec 15 with 1312 viewsfooters

Town Social Media Standings on 12:27 - Dec 15 by hatch

In fairness, the quality of our social channels hasn't been great until recently. And even now we're still miles behind a lot of clubs so it's understandable.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Town Social Media Standings on 12:34 - Dec 15 with 1304 viewswkj

Now see where we stand if they put our #17's stats in with the main stats.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Town Social Media Standings on 13:12 - Dec 15 with 1177 viewsSitfcB

We were the last club to get an official twitter account and very late for the Facebook page as well.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town Social Media Standings on 13:28 - Dec 15 with 1127 viewswiltshireblue

Town Social Media Standings on 12:03 - Dec 15 by monty_radio

The correlation between the position in this table and population/catchment and actual support is fairly clear to see as you run your eye down. Wigan are an obvious outlier. Sunderland reflects the size of catchment and those who would consider themselves Black Cats even if they never go or used to go years back.

It's probably also worth remembering when these teams were last in the Premier league in relation to us and the arrival of Facebook / Instagram.

The likes of Facebook from what I recall took off mainly in the UK around 2009ish which ties in with Sunderland and Wigans exposure in the premier league / Cup finals etc around that time and the following years from memory.

Of course Sunderland will naturally be up there catchment area etc, the Wigan one is probably explained a little more by the above

But social media is pretty hollow and easy to click 'like' and of course if you are in the premier league / cup finals etc you have more coverage and get more likes and follows
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 13:30]
Town Social Media Standings on 13:31 - Dec 15 with 1090 viewsQuilterstown

Premier League relatively recently
Town Social Media Standings on 13:57 - Dec 15 with 1013 viewsStewart27

Can’t believe we’re second to Wednesday on Tik Tok.

Come on Ed. Over to you.
Town Social Media Standings on 13:58 - Dec 15 with 1011 viewssuffolkpoker

from memory thats a big improvment from the last few years.
Evans really done nothing for our social accounts. Im sure these will grow rapidly under the new owners.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Town Social Media Standings on 14:17 - Dec 15 with 949 viewsSitfcB

Premier League innit.

COYB

Town Social Media Standings on 14:18 - Dec 15 with 935 viewsSitfcB

Town Social Media Standings on 13:57 - Dec 15 by Stewart27

Can’t believe we’re second to Wednesday on Tik Tok.

Come on Ed. Over to you.

We have 47.9k TikTok followers at present, Sheff Wed 44.3k, so not sure how old this is.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 14:19]

COYB

Town Social Media Standings on 14:20 - Dec 15 with 921 viewsmo_itfc

I'm a little annoyed that MK Dons might be more popular than Wimbeldon.

Not that I particularly like Wimbeldon, just suprised that a francise club has over taken the home-grown club...

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Town Social Media Standings on 14:20 - Dec 15 with 921 viewsgordon

Town Social Media Standings on 14:18 - Dec 15 by SitfcB

We have 47.9k TikTok followers at present, Sheff Wed 44.3k, so not sure how old this is.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 14:19]

What about Crewe Alexandra though?
Town Social Media Standings on 14:21 - Dec 15 with 906 viewsSitfcB

Town Social Media Standings on 14:20 - Dec 15 by gordon

What about Crewe Alexandra though?

They’ve had a couple of successful ‘viral’ TikTok videos so that’s why they’re high.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024