Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... 11:34 - Dec 15 with 5310 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Seen a few rumours on twitter that it might be someone that no-one is expecting. The words, young, hungry and premier league ambitions used by one. Anyone in the know hearing anything similar or do we think this is just twitter nonsense?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:25 - Dec 15 with 1306 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I've quite warmed to the idea of Neil Harris. Solid, no nonsense, knows what is needed...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:34 - Dec 15 with 1256 viewsEdwardStone

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:22 - Dec 15 by Ewan_Oozami

Excellent song Ewan

One of my all time faves
Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:34 - Dec 15 with 1261 viewspatrickswell

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:15 - Dec 15 by gordon

He came across as really, really insecure from minute 1 of his first interview/press conference whatever, I never understood how anyone could've thought yup, he'll do a good job here.

I think he was an unlucky in August 2018, it certainly felt as though all the fine margin moments seemed to go against us in games that month. But it was noticeable that once the transfer window ended, he seemed to very publically realise that:
a) his new signings were struggling to acclimatise to Championship football
and
b) the players he hadn't sold on hated his guts.

and he was a dead man walking from September onwards. Blame for that can be apportioned in many different directions, but he looked like a man who knew that he'd bungled it.
Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:41 - Dec 15 with 1218 viewsEwan_Oozami

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:23 - Dec 15 by footers

We'll end up as Trumpton FC at this rate...

Barnestoneworth United...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:43 - Dec 15 with 1207 viewsStokieBlue

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:25 - Dec 15 by Tangledupin_Blue

I've quite warmed to the idea of Neil Harris. Solid, no nonsense, knows what is needed...

I've internally decided that "no nonsense" is just another term for a bit rubbish so they yell a lot and hoof the ball.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:50 - Dec 15 with 1145 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cardinal Biggles?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:50 - Dec 15 with 1140 viewsjayessess

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:34 - Dec 15 by patrickswell

I think he was an unlucky in August 2018, it certainly felt as though all the fine margin moments seemed to go against us in games that month. But it was noticeable that once the transfer window ended, he seemed to very publically realise that:
a) his new signings were struggling to acclimatise to Championship football
and
b) the players he hadn't sold on hated his guts.

and he was a dead man walking from September onwards. Blame for that can be apportioned in many different directions, but he looked like a man who knew that he'd bungled it.

I sometimes wonder if a successful managerial appointment isn't just 90% dependent on whether things roll your way early on...

Cook's a different manager if Fraser scores his penalty and we win at Burton. Hell, maybe he's a different manager if Freddie Sears doesn't blow up his first game at Gillingham? Hurst's dynamic with his players is different if we turn competitive performances into wins in August 2018. Maybe we get some momentum if we don't concede late to Preston and Reading in Lambert's first 2 games?

Much easier to build something with a little early momentum.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:52 - Dec 15 with 1104 viewsOldFart71

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:14 - Dec 15 by Keno

Why dont some of these coached eat properly?

These coaches are hungry because they have had all their teeth removed to put extra seats in.
Login to get fewer ads

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:53 - Dec 15 with 1096 viewsChurchman

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:41 - Dec 15 by Ewan_Oozami

Barnestoneworth United...

‘You don’t need shorts. It’s what’s inside them that counts. Throw them away!’. Classic. ‘The centre forward wore glasses!’ Rage after a massive defeat. ITFC do remind me of Barnestoneworth.

Ok, very dated it may be, but Michael Palin’s Ripping Yarns Golden Gordon is a classic for anyone who has never seen it.
Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:58 - Dec 15 with 1049 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:43 - Dec 15 by StokieBlue

I've internally decided that "no nonsense" is just another term for a bit rubbish so they yell a lot and hoof the ball.

SB

Okay.

But I really do think that he could be a good appointment. If he becomes our manager/coach I will have high hopes that we will make the play-offs this season.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 15:22 - Dec 15 with 821 viewsnorth_stand77

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:11 - Dec 15 by footers

He was just very small. That's probably where the confusion comes from.

#justbeanpolethings

No, you were just looking at him from a very very long way away.
Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 16:25 - Dec 15 with 710 viewsOsborneOneNil

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:12 - Dec 15 by IP4_Blue

I also felt we played ok against Norwich too

Yeah, deserved to win that.

Weird team selection on that one though. I remember walking to the game and reading the team line up.......5 changes?
Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 18:52 - Dec 15 with 560 viewstiptreeblue

Slightly more upbeat managerial rumours on twitter... on 12:23 - Dec 15 by footers

We'll end up as Trumpton FC at this rate...

If we played Chigley United, we could all go by train
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024