Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) 21:26 - Dec 15 with 3469 viewsjasondozzell

No patience in anything anymore and we're paying price now
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 21:32]
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:29 - Dec 15 with 2211 viewsRadioOrwell

no no no no no no no no no no no
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:32 - Dec 15 with 2167 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What, when we had such a clear replacement strategy in place.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:32 - Dec 15 with 2151 viewsbazza

Cooks gone, all the if's but’s and maybes in the world, won’t change it.. let’s move on.
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:33 - Dec 15 with 2104 viewsDubtractor

I think that his time was up, but don't fooking sack him with no plan of what to do next. Absolute farce of a club.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:34 - Dec 15 with 2081 viewsbazza

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:29 - Dec 15 by RadioOrwell

no no no no no no no no no no no

There’s no limits !!
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:34 - Dec 15 with 2069 viewsMattinLondon

No, we’re playing the price for Cook now.
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:37 - Dec 15 with 2036 viewsbackwaywhen

You have to remember these are his players and if he had managed to get it right in the first game , we would not have playing tonight ! Also some serious doubts about Ashton and his way of working , I think Bristol City fans did try and warn us .
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:39 - Dec 15 with 1980 viewsKeaneish

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:34 - Dec 15 by MattinLondon

No, we’re playing the price for Cook now.

Talk us through that one. I’m really enjoying the capitulation of TWTD logic in recent weeks.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:41 - Dec 15 with 1923 viewsArnieM

Ashton 100% responsible for this . Sacked a manager the squad believed in and did that without an obvious replacement in sight . Utter madness. Arrogant even .

I’ve never felt so bloody depressed and frankly embarrassed to call myself a Town fan . Ffs !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:41 - Dec 15 with 1923 viewsbazza

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:33 - Dec 15 by Dubtractor

I think that his time was up, but don't fooking sack him with no plan of what to do next. Absolute farce of a club.

I think we had a plan… Chuck mcgreal under the bus, while looking for the right candidate.. better than snatching at what’s on offer .. although we have been shocking and this hasn’t worked so far.. we still Have ambitious owners, and I’m sure they ain’t going to give up at the first hurdle..
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:42 - Dec 15 with 1885 viewspointofblue

What had Cook done with us to earn himself anymore time?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:42 - Dec 15 with 1867 viewstimothyeo

I mean we only have a replay anyway due to Cooks incompetence.

However the fact the club clearly didn't have a manager lined up is farcical.
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:58 - Dec 15 with 1742 viewsPioneerBlue

Timing of Paul Cook sacking aside, it was wrong time and not necessarily at that monument in time.

Despite more pain, all we’ve learned this evening is our second XI isn’t as good as we hoped.

Nsiala
Jackson
Norwood

There is little to for them to retrieve at Ipswich. For three of them they’ve been part of abject failure too many times.

These four are not heading in the right direction either

Burgess
Penny
Carroll
Wolf

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:01 - Dec 15 with 1709 viewsRyorry

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:41 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

Ashton 100% responsible for this . Sacked a manager the squad believed in and did that without an obvious replacement in sight . Utter madness. Arrogant even .

I’ve never felt so bloody depressed and frankly embarrassed to call myself a Town fan . Ffs !!

Didn't look like the squad believed in him much at Charlton, from the reports I read here.

And we simply don't know Cook was sacked "without an obvious replacement in sight" - there might be behind-the-scenes happenings going on that we're completely unaware of, e.g. negotiation of terms etc etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:03 - Dec 15 with 1684 viewsSteve_M

November demonstrated that that isn’t true and if Cook had beaten Barrow then today doesn’t happen.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:06 - Dec 15 with 1646 viewsbluejacko

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:41 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

With stupid rants like that you deserve to be embarrassed!
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:08 - Dec 15 with 1626 viewsMattinLondon

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:39 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

Talk us through that one. I’m really enjoying the capitulation of TWTD logic in recent weeks.

Well one last time and I’m warning you that this may well sound complicated. BeforeCook came we were underperforming, Cook arrived and did even worse and this season did even worse. I know, it’s complicated and that is why we are paying the price for Cook.
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:10 - Dec 15 with 1596 viewsNazemariner

Embarrassing decision by an embarrassment of a football club.
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:15 - Dec 15 with 1524 viewsMattinLondon

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:10 - Dec 15 by Nazemariner

Embarrassing decision by an embarrassment of a football club.

I agree. He should have been sacked at the end of last season.
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:17 - Dec 15 with 1512 viewsbazza

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:15 - Dec 15 by MattinLondon

I agree. He should have been sacked at the end of last season.

LOLZ
Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 1482 viewsKeaneish

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:03 - Dec 15 by Steve_M

November demonstrated that that isn’t true and if Cook had beaten Barrow then today doesn’t happen.

Won 3 Drew 3 Lost 2 in November. Some performances were good some were not. We were through to the next round of both cups and heading into a tough fixture list where we needed to pick up points against the top 6. It’s actually 4 wins given we beat Col U on pens.

Sacking your manager on the back of this is terrible judgement. Even the bitchin’ and moaning didn’t have time to get to fever pitch on here it was such a premature decision. 25 games or so Cook got with a brand new squad. It’s mental really when you think about it.

If I were Harris or whoever comes in, no chance I’m signing anyone or spending cash. You put yourself on the chopping block early if you do that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:22 - Dec 15 with 1444 viewspointofblue

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 21:58 - Dec 15 by PioneerBlue

Timing of Paul Cook sacking aside, it was wrong time and not necessarily at that monument in time.

Despite more pain, all we’ve learned this evening is our second XI isn’t as good as we hoped.

Nsiala
Jackson
Norwood

There is little to for them to retrieve at Ipswich. For three of them they’ve been part of abject failure too many times.

These four are not heading in the right direction either

Burgess
Penny
Carroll
Wolf

Think Woolfenden was about the only outfield player (except maybe Norwood) to come out looking ok tonight. Admittedly the defence had an easier time of it in the second half.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:22 - Dec 15 with 1429 viewsFightingEssex

The board sacked Cook, by unanimous decision, the CEO simply implemented their desire. Gamechanger are just as responsible.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:27 - Dec 15 with 1374 viewsMullet

I'm not really sure how the FA Cup has much of a bearing on that.

Surely we need to see who we get and what they do in January and the period until the end of the season to assess that?

We've played another scratch side as we did at Oldham, only this time we didn't sneak through we played even worse and got what we deserved.

In the interim we've gone to Wigan away and got a draw with some drab football and terrible refereeing that could have swung the game either way. There's really nothing clear at all, other than the failure of Cook was so bad that the board felt he had to go even earlier than anyone thought likely.

We have no idea if a preferred candidate had been identified and they aren't immediately available e.g. Barry / McKenna even Manning etc. Or someone out of work beyond their expectations has applied.

People moaned like hell when new managers were tapped up and ushered in under Evans, it seems that having it both ways applies here. Play like that against Sunderland and we will rightly get spanked, but given even with Cook in charge we gave them a good hour or so at least, it's hard to see how tonight is really definitive either way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:28 - Dec 15 with 1362 viewsFevsBCFC

Timing of sacking all wrong. Needed to give Cook these Dec games. (n/t) on 22:22 - Dec 15 by FightingEssex

The board sacked Cook, by unanimous decision, the CEO simply implemented their desire. Gamechanger are just as responsible.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/december/full-transcript-mark-ashton-interview/

But, on Saturday night, having spoken to the board following a recent run of frustrating results and disappointing performances, they were absolutely clear and unanimous with me that it was time to make a change so that is what we have done.

“Unanimous with me” interesting choice of words?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024