Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. 22:14 - Dec 15 with 2755 viewsGarv

- Terry Butcher.

Bang on.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:15 - Dec 15 with 2722 viewschrismakin

Hang on, when we travel, we travel as Ipswich Town, what ever the fk that meant.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:17 - Dec 15 with 2684 viewshomer_123

We never have been a big Club...ever.

We have been a medium sized Club that has historically punched above its weight but...not for a very long time.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:18 - Dec 15 with 2632 viewsGarv

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:17 - Dec 15 by homer_123

We have been a medium sized Club that has historically punched above its weight but...not for a very long time.

I hate to admit I've always felt we're a smaller club than the overall fan base seems to think we are.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:19 - Dec 15 with 2611 viewsbackwaywhen

We were never a big club in the true sense of the terminology, we were a medium size club punching well above its weight under Sir Booby , and sadly never punch that hard again since , maybe briefly in Burleys 1st Prem season .
We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 2561 viewssidmouthblue

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:18 - Dec 15 by Garv

I hate to admit I've always felt we're a smaller club than the overall fan base seems to think we are.

I agree and in danger of getting smaller and smaller
We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 2537 viewsFightingEssex

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:17 - Dec 15 by homer_123

We’ve played what 5 seasons of top flight football in 35 years. I bet nobody mentioned that one to Gamechanger when they were mugged off for 40mil by Evans! If only Evans had shown as much skill as that in the transfer market…

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:22 - Dec 15 with 2486 viewsHealysBackPocket

We have a real superiority complex as a fanbase - the fact people honestly thought Lampard was a realistic option is prime evidence of that - we’re a mid table league one side who have no identity about them currently and some of us would do well to remember that
We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:24 - Dec 15 with 2402 viewsdominiciawful

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:19 - Dec 15 by backwaywhen

We were never a big club in the true sense of the terminology, we were a medium size club punching well above its weight under Sir Booby , and sadly never punch that hard again since , maybe briefly in Burleys 1st Prem season .

"Sir Booby" is the comic relief we need this evening.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Login to get fewer ads

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:26 - Dec 15 with 2334 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree. I think we're medium.

We're not minnows.

We're not a small club.

We're not a big club.

We're not a giant.

I think small club is unfair. We are clearly not a big club though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 23:11 - Dec 15 with 2032 viewswkj

We stopped being big when the game became Moneyball - simple as that realy

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 23:16 - Dec 15 with 1980 viewsgroovyASH

Plenty of similar and smaller sized clubs than us can be successful in the modern era- Brentford, Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton all spring immediately to mind.

The difference is, they've been well run top to bottom consistently.

We've been woefully run

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 23:20 - Dec 15 with 1937 viewsitfcsuth

He is indeed correct. We are very an average sized club. Not big, not small.

Being a ‘big club’ doesn’t mean you get 3 points on a match day anyway.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 23:21]
We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 23:48 - Dec 15 with 1807 viewstimothyeo

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:22 - Dec 15 by HealysBackPocket

We have a real superiority complex as a fanbase - the fact people honestly thought Lampard was a realistic option is prime evidence of that - we’re a mid table league one side who have no identity about them currently and some of us would do well to remember that

Yeah, the genuine belief from some that Lampard, Farke and Mowbray would come here was incredibly concerning levels of delusion
We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 07:07 - Dec 16 with 1438 viewstextbackup

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 23:48 - Dec 15 by timothyeo

Yeah, the genuine belief from some that Lampard, Farke and Mowbray would come here was incredibly concerning levels of delusion

Embarrassing beyond belief isn’t it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 08:22 - Dec 16 with 1192 viewsPagan_Blue

I can't think of too many 'small clubs' who are allegedly paying wages of 10k a week in league 1.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 9:21]
We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 08:33 - Dec 16 with 1095 viewsWicksy

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 08:22 - Dec 16 by Pagan_Blue

I can't think of too many 'small clubs' who are allegedly paying wages of 10k a week in league 1.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 9:21]

League 2?
Not quite there - yet

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 08:37 - Dec 16 with 1066 viewschicoazul

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 22:26 - Dec 15 by J2BLUE

Disagree. I think we're medium.

We're not minnows.

We're not a small club.

We're not a big club.

We're not a giant.

I think small club is unfair. We are clearly not a big club though.

Depends on the definition of big. Bournemouth struggle to get 10k a week but they are certainly more successful than us now. Watford get 20-odd in the Prem. We still get 17-odd in league one.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 955 viewsPagan_Blue

We're not a big club anymore, we're a small club. on 08:33 - Dec 16 by Wicksy

League 2?
Not quite there - yet

My mistake, hopefully that's not a freudian slip. Edited.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024