Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. 23:14 - Dec 15 with 1926 viewsgroovyASH

His squad, coached to his style and ideology.

How many of these signings were thought through? Why sign Harper, Fraser, Pigott and Co if the club just doesn't know how to use them to their best?

These players just don't look coached, they don't look like they know what they are doing.

A complete disgrace, you have to ask why this project has fallen flat on its face so quickly.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:16 - Dec 15 with 1882 viewsArnieM

So, in essence then , we are about to witness ANOTHER squad clear out when the new manager comes in .

And so it rolls on ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:17 - Dec 15 with 1860 viewsgroovyASH

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:16 - Dec 15 by ArnieM

So, in essence then , we are about to witness ANOTHER squad clear out when the new manager comes in .

And so it rolls on ….

Clear outs clearly don't work- I would like to see a progressive competent coaching staff who actually know how to coach and progress players.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:18 - Dec 15 with 1837 viewschrismakin

What still baffles me is Barrow tonight, lowly league 2 Barrow, put in a few drilled set piece plays

We literally have 2. Either a short corner back to the defenders. Or a crp cross straight to their defender.

Why can a lowly league 2 side have actual set plays and fluff any opportunity we get.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:19 - Dec 15 with 1818 viewsgroovyASH

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:18 - Dec 15 by chrismakin

What still baffles me is Barrow tonight, lowly league 2 Barrow, put in a few drilled set piece plays

We literally have 2. Either a short corner back to the defenders. Or a crp cross straight to their defender.

Why can a lowly league 2 side have actual set plays and fluff any opportunity we get.

Could it be because despite their size and resource limitations, they are well drilled and coached?

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:24 - Dec 15 with 1753 viewsIllinoisblue

Quite astounding that the club is so different now, so many players moved in and out and yet we still have to watch Kayden Jackson do nothing of note for 90 minutes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:26 - Dec 15 with 1724 viewsChurchman

The problem you have with this is that Gill was lauded for three wins after Lambert went. Cook was to blame for the Gillingham beating (nobody has ever criticised Lambert or Gill for that debacle).

By definition, McGreal is then to blame solely for three games without a win and two pathetic performances.

All of the above is of course wrong. The club was going down the pan before the takeover. The team still is. The owners need to confirm whether or not they are calling it a day on this club. If they are still in this, fill that management hole now. Hopefully with somebody who can properly build a team. It can be Harris, Pep or a tin of spaghetti. And I actually don’t care how long it takes. We are beyond a joke.

Get on with it!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 23:28]
Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:31 - Dec 15 with 1654 viewsbournemouthblue

The defence which was actually relatively solid, didn't really need the overhaul they tried did it?

The attacking recruits are talented but we lack steel right through the team and that's evident in performances likes that

Sam Morsy just isn't enough!

Matt Crooks would have helped here but I feel the spine is still pretty paperweight, in fact in many cases it might be even softer than even last year
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 23:31]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:52 - Dec 15 with 1555 viewsGuthrum

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:31 - Dec 15 by bournemouthblue

The defence which was actually relatively solid, didn't really need the overhaul they tried did it?

The attacking recruits are talented but we lack steel right through the team and that's evident in performances likes that

Sam Morsy just isn't enough!

Matt Crooks would have helped here but I feel the spine is still pretty paperweight, in fact in many cases it might be even softer than even last year
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 23:31]

The problem with last season's best defence is that we had 35-year-olds on either side and a 31-year-old in the centre who was injured a lot (as was the LB).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 00:43 - Dec 16 with 1408 viewsEsseeja

Was it his squad or was most of the signings made by Ashton? I have my doubts, I don't think the players around Morsy and Evans work in a system that uses Morsy and Evans, two proven players at this level already, they won the league, Walton too. I think the problem was that we bought players that were not suited to those specific midfielders.
Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 00:44 - Dec 16 with 1401 viewsEsseeja

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 00:43 - Dec 16 by Esseeja

Was it his squad or was most of the signings made by Ashton? I have my doubts, I don't think the players around Morsy and Evans work in a system that uses Morsy and Evans, two proven players at this level already, they won the league, Walton too. I think the problem was that we bought players that were not suited to those specific midfielders.

were*
Proofread your work, children.
Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 00:45 - Dec 16 with 1402 viewsjayessess

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:26 - Dec 15 by Churchman

The problem you have with this is that Gill was lauded for three wins after Lambert went. Cook was to blame for the Gillingham beating (nobody has ever criticised Lambert or Gill for that debacle).

By definition, McGreal is then to blame solely for three games without a win and two pathetic performances.

All of the above is of course wrong. The club was going down the pan before the takeover. The team still is. The owners need to confirm whether or not they are calling it a day on this club. If they are still in this, fill that management hole now. Hopefully with somebody who can properly build a team. It can be Harris, Pep or a tin of spaghetti. And I actually don’t care how long it takes. We are beyond a joke.

Get on with it!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 23:28]

Gill gets credit for slightly improving Lambert's side.
McGreal gets no blame for these 3 games.
Literally no-one blamed Cook for losing to Gillingham.

That's entirely fair, isn't it? If you take over something and make an immediate improvement to it, you get a round of applause. If it remains roughly as it was, you don't get blamed for it being like that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 02:01 - Dec 16 with 1270 viewsbournemouthblue

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 23:52 - Dec 15 by Guthrum

The problem with last season's best defence is that we had 35-year-olds on either side and a 31-year-old in the centre who was injured a lot (as was the LB).

We have certainly bought players who can hopefully grow with us and if they don't, at least have some resale value so there's that I guess

But it's quite clear our backup side isn't up to much, as evidence by being knocked out of the Pizza Cup by Arsenal Youths

There's a total lack of steel outside our first choice eleven I would suggest and that is worrying!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 06:44 - Dec 16 with 996 viewsITFCBlues

Which makes it even more baffling as to why you'd give Cook 4 months to piece it all together. Now we'll have another rebuild with another manager wanting to sign his players.

We just needed some patience rather than expecting to romp the league. We've also seemingly sacked him with no idea who or what sort of manager we actually want which is a complete shambles.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Make no mistake, this shower is why Cook was sacked. on 06:50 - Dec 16 with 956 viewsChrisd

Are they not being coached now by JM and KD?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024