Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Pack Out PR be off? 16:09 - Dec 16 with 3982 viewsportmanking

Barrow's Saturday game postponed due to Covid cases in their squad....
Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:10 - Dec 16 with 3063 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Ive just read up on it and the cases are actually in Northhamptons camp, so its not actually Barrow.
Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:10 - Dec 16 with 3039 viewsBseaBlue

Their statement says it is Northampton that have the issue....

https://www.barrowafc.com/news/2021/december/161221-barrow-v-northampton-town-in
Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:11 - Dec 16 with 2989 viewsportmanking

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:10 - Dec 16 by abracaDOBRA_

Ive just read up on it and the cases are actually in Northhamptons camp, so its not actually Barrow.

Ahhh that's a relief. Sorry for changing the narrative ;-)
Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:12 - Dec 16 with 2985 viewsnodge_blue

This season could come to a grinding halt. Its seems inevitable that more and more squads will get impacted and there will be chaos.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:13 - Dec 16 with 2940 viewsclive_baker

Not from that issue, but wouldn't surprise me at all given the amount of positive cases. There will no doubt be more cancellations tomorrow.

Might not be the worst thing, both in terms of the football and the virus.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:14 - Dec 16 with 2906 viewshatch

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:12 - Dec 16 by nodge_blue

This season could come to a grinding halt. Its seems inevitable that more and more squads will get impacted and there will be chaos.

Best get our points per game going then....
Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:15 - Dec 16 with 2877 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We have Covid in the U23 squad don't we?

I would imagine there is a high likelihood we will have several unavailable but SSN just said the rules for enough players to fulfil a fixture are 14 of the official squad including 1 keeper and these can also be made up of any U23 players not named in the squad who have 1 or more first team appearance.

That would mane a huge number of players out for us to be unable to fulfil it (or just all 3 keepers).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:16 - Dec 16 with 2847 viewsitfc1108

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:13 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

Not from that issue, but wouldn't surprise me at all given the amount of positive cases. There will no doubt be more cancellations tomorrow.

It will be a shame, I love the christmas and New year games, and ours were cancelled last year as well.
But, some things are more important.
Login to get fewer ads

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:20 - Dec 16 with 2727 viewsStokieBlue

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:11 - Dec 16 by portmanking

There are 88,400 cases today. It'll be 100,000 tomorrow or Saturday given the current rate of growth.

Any sensible government would already be having discussions on whether any of the matches should go ahead this weekend with crowds. It's annoying I know but sometimes we have to look at reality and not what we want to be true.

That's before you even look at whether clubs can actually field a team (lots of matches off already).

Wolves themselves even suggested this today.

SB
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 16:21]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:24 - Dec 16 with 2618 viewspointofblue

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:20 - Dec 16 by StokieBlue

There are 88,400 cases today. It'll be 100,000 tomorrow or Saturday given the current rate of growth.

Any sensible government would already be having discussions on whether any of the matches should go ahead this weekend with crowds. It's annoying I know but sometimes we have to look at reality and not what we want to be true.

That's before you even look at whether clubs can actually field a team (lots of matches off already).

SB

Yes, but if the government or FA shut things down they might have to pay the clubs for loss of revenue. Much easier to let the clubs and/or individuals lose money instead by keeping things open but advising (not ordering) people not to go. Same with hospitality.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:25 - Dec 16 with 2608 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:26 - Dec 16 with 2551 viewsfooters

SB

Yeah, but watching us 'play' football is much more important than a global health crisis, Stokie.

Not sure what people aren't understanding.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:27 - Dec 16 with 2525 views3_5_2

I know quite a number of people who are not going saturday due to worries over covid or knowing someone who has it etc.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:28 - Dec 16 with 2499 viewsParisBlue

SB

Indeed...at this point it should be taken out of the clubs hands.

From memory it was around Friday lunchtime that the weekend games were called off back in March 2020.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:28 - Dec 16 with 2493 viewsITFCBlues

SB

The problem is, you start limiting crowds again then clubs will need money from somewhere to cover the short fall of income.

Who provides that?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:30 - Dec 16 with 2446 viewsSitfcB

Not like you to deliver fake news

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:30 - Dec 16 with 2445 viewshadleighboyblue

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:13 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

Think it would do us a favour if it's called off - give the new manager time to assess and generate some effort from the players .

After last night , I would be quite happy if it's off , plus the covid issue with a big crowd as well
Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:30 - Dec 16 with 2423 viewsITFCBlues

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:26 - Dec 16 by footers

Yeah, but watching us 'play' football is much more important than a global health crisis, Stokie.

Not sure what people aren't understanding.

People don't HAVE to go Saturday if they don't want to.

If we start closing everything down again, then why bother with vaccines when we can all just hide away in our houses?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:33 - Dec 16 with 2368 viewsEly_Blue

SB

So what’s your suggestion? We all sit at home for a few months and wait for it to blow over?

Remind me of how that’s worked so far? And how it’s worked in Aus?

Anyway if the symptoms are mild and hospitalisations stay low then we shouldn’t be locking ourselves away again anytime soon when we are getting as many people as possible boosters

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:36 - Dec 16 with 2300 viewsNthQldITFC

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:33 - Dec 16 by Ely_Blue

So what’s your suggestion? We all sit at home for a few months and wait for it to blow over?

Remind me of how that’s worked so far? And how it’s worked in Aus?

Anyway if the symptoms are mild and hospitalisations stay low then we shouldn’t be locking ourselves away again anytime soon when we are getting as many people as possible boosters

FFS.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:38 - Dec 16 with 2250 viewsStokieBlue

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:30 - Dec 16 by ITFCBlues

If we start closing everything down again, then why bother with vaccines when we can all just hide away in our houses?

I've said there should be a conversation, that is all.

What about the people around you, what about the people you see in shops, what about the stress put on the NHS?

It's not just about you and that is why it would be sensible and rational for the government to have that conversation. They won't so you don't need to worry, you'll get see a ball kicked around a field.

SB

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:38 - Dec 16 with 2238 viewsITFCBlues

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:36 - Dec 16 by NthQldITFC

FFS.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

If people are too scared to go out, they don't HAVE to go to PR do they?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:38 - Dec 16 with 2234 viewsfooters

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:30 - Dec 16 by ITFCBlues

Or people could just exercise a little personal responsibility, caution and restraint by not attending large events when a new variant is ripping through the country instead of watching League One football?

Get a booster, wear a mask (even when not explicitly told to) and protect others. It's really not difficult.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:44 - Dec 16 with 2130 viewsEly_Blue

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:38 - Dec 16 by footers

Or people could just exercise a little personal responsibility, caution and restraint by not attending large events when a new variant is ripping through the country instead of watching League One football?

Get a booster, wear a mask (even when not explicitly told to) and protect others. It's really not difficult.

Right so if I have my booster (which I do), wear a mask (which I do), make sure I have a negative LFT before I attend a large event and also exercise personal responsibility then that’s not enough to be able to go outside on Saturday afternoon to watch the football?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:48 - Dec 16 with 2015 viewsStokieBlue

Could Pack Out PR be off? on 16:38 - Dec 16 by ITFCBlues

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

If people are too scared to go out, they don't HAVE to go to PR do they?

You're using quite emotive language.

"Scared to go out" isn't fair to people being sensible in the face of an incredibly contagious virus.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024