Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna and team 18:44 - Dec 16 with 952 viewsbraveblue

If this happens we need to accept that he should get until the end of next season before any calls for the sack. We need to give managers time and three windows to get a decent side together and a pattern of play that can be adjusted.

Maybe this time🙏🙏
McKenna and team on 18:47 - Dec 16 with 914 viewsHarryB

agree with this but for me we do have to start seeing progress. small steps is fine as long as we start moving forwad and not backwards
McKenna and team on 18:48 - Dec 16 with 903 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As ever that depends. If he gets us relegated and then has us in the relegation zone of League 2 this time next year there is no way he gets until the end of next season.

We need to see signs of progress. That will take time but seeing us develop into a team capable of competing will be important. He cannot be allowed to take us further backwards. But this is the appointment of the current owners so they have to take responsibility for his failure or success.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna and team on 18:59 - Dec 16 with 836 viewsVic

I’ll give h8m to the end of this season. If we’ve not improved then he needs to go.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

McKenna and team on 19:16 - Dec 16 with 760 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

This absolutely must be a long term appointment, and promotion this season is not a requirement. Just a sign that things are going in the right direction. Then invest in the squad for next season, when promotion would definitely be a requirement.

Poll: would you rather

McKenna and team on 19:17 - Dec 16 with 747 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McKenna and team on 18:59 - Dec 16 by Vic

I’ll give h8m to the end of this season. If we’ve not improved then he needs to go.

To be fair, if we are not improved by then we will be a League 2 team!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna and team on 19:52 - Dec 16 with 650 viewsHighgateBlue

My personal view is that one should not think about the sack at all.

Where any manager comes in and has such terrible results as Hurst had, it's surely very hard to have the discipline to keep him on, and I'm not sure it's a great idea to do so.

But with this new appointment, let's not be thinking about the sack at all - let's just get behind what is, in my view, a very exciting appointment.

Absolutely no expectation of promotion this season. Target of top six next season in my view - if we fail to go up, having had a materially better season with a young manager, and the excitement of a playoff campaign, I would count that as a success. We need to start building the club back up again. As long as things are going in the right direction, I can certainly have patience.

McKenna has impressed me from what I've seen of him in terms of the way he talks and the way he evidently thinks, and he's had a good grounding over quite a number of years now. For me, very exciting.
McKenna and team on 21:18 - Dec 16 with 508 viewsTooManyPauls

Yep. It's his first time as the top man, so he's sure to make some mistakes. He needs to be given the time to learn from them.

This could be very exciting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024