Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does he build or demolish? 00:12 - Dec 17 with 2222 viewsJimInGreensboro

The big question is, will the focus be on saving this season and adding during the window or merely playing out the string and keeping our powder dry for a rebuild next summer?

Does he build or demolish? on 00:55 - Dec 17 with 1916 viewsbournemouthblue

I think you evolve and add one or two smart additions

There's talk of Fraser going to Swansea as an example, that could happen but they're going to have to make a decent offer that works for us

We need a quality centre back coming in to partner Edmundson and probably need another midfield anchor who can run the midfield next to Morsy

Do we need much more than that, do we have a recall on Simpson and if so, would you bring him back and have a look?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Does he build or demolish? on 01:03 - Dec 17 with 1901 viewsGuthrum

Now we're not having to fit everything into a stone-carved 4-2-3-1, we can maybe shape the system to fit the players rather than vice-versa. A by-product of that being a reduced need to majorly overhaul the side.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Does he build or demolish? on 01:05 - Dec 17 with 1895 viewsChurchman

Evolve. I hope the days of public blow ups, bomb squad and sledgehammer are gone. If he doesn’t like a player fine, quietly get him away. If a player wants out, sell him/get him away. Properly learn what players he has and progressively change as necessary and truly build a team.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 1:06]
Does he build or demolish? on 01:26 - Dec 17 with 1867 viewsTangledupin_Blue

He has to go out to win games. If we win enough we can still make the play-offs.

He has a handful of games to assess the squad and bring in 2 or 3 in January.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Does he build or demolish? on 02:29 - Dec 17 with 1799 viewsBlueBadger

As he's primarily a coach, I suspect he might try to actually, you know, COACH the players to be a bit better.

That'll be a novel approach, we haven't seen a manager try that for a couple of seasons now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does he build or demolish? on 04:43 - Dec 17 with 1660 viewsBondiBlue

Does he build or demolish? on 00:55 - Dec 17 by bournemouthblue

There's talk of Fraser going to Swansea as an example, that could happen but they're going to have to make a decent offer that works for us

We need a quality centre back coming in to partner Edmundson and probably need another midfield anchor who can run the midfield next to Morsy

Do we need much more than that, do we have a recall on Simpson and if so, would you bring him back and have a look?

I hope he plays fraser as an 8 and gets everything going through him.

Don't think we need any more players. Think we should leave dobra and simpson where they are if they are doing well.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Does he build or demolish? on 06:23 - Dec 17 with 1588 viewsKeaneish

Does he build or demolish? on 01:03 - Dec 17 by Guthrum

Now we're not having to fit everything into a stone-carved 4-2-3-1, we can maybe shape the system to fit the players rather than vice-versa. A by-product of that being a reduced need to majorly overhaul the side.

Cook signed those players to fit the 4231 system, which they do.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Does he build or demolish? on 06:59 - Dec 17 with 1503 viewshype313

Does he build or demolish? on 06:23 - Dec 17 by Keaneish

Fraser doesn't.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Does he build or demolish? on 07:15 - Dec 17 with 1437 viewsgazzer1999

Does he build or demolish? on 02:29 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

As he's primarily a coach, I suspect he might try to actually, you know, COACH the players to be a bit better.

That'll be a novel approach, we haven't seen a manager try that for a couple of seasons now.

More like nearly 20 years since Burley was here.
Does he build or demolish? on 07:18 - Dec 17 with 1422 viewsDanTheMan

Does he build or demolish? on 06:59 - Dec 17 by hype313

Fraser doesn't.

Well he might if he ever actually got to play in his preferred position but so far he's played everywhere but.

Too many number 10s.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Does he build or demolish? on 07:30 - Dec 17 with 1370 viewshype313

Does he build or demolish? on 07:18 - Dec 17 by DanTheMan

Well he might if he ever actually got to play in his preferred position but so far he's played everywhere but.

Too many number 10s.

Agreed, but he's stated himself he's an 8, which is a position that isn't used in this current system.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Does he build or demolish? on 07:36 - Dec 17 with 1347 viewsBlueBadger

Does he build or demolish? on 07:15 - Dec 17 by gazzer1999

More like nearly 20 years since Burley was here.

Whisper t soft, but M**k coached a fair few players to be better. But he wasn't very 'technical'.

Apparently coaching isn't what Technical Managers do.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does he build or demolish? on 07:46 - Dec 17 with 1313 viewsRadioOrwell

Does he build or demolish? on 06:23 - Dec 17 by Keaneish

They really don't.
Does he build or demolish? on 07:50 - Dec 17 with 1293 viewstextbackup

Personal opinion is that a good manager/coach will identify areas/players that they can get going/working for what they desire. There will be a those that don’t fit, and just won’t work out, and KM and his team shift them to bring in others in time.

If we don’t end up with a promising manu kid or two over the next few Windows I’ll be amazed.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does he build or demolish? on 07:55 - Dec 17 with 1241 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Does he build or demolish? on 02:29 - Dec 17 by BlueBadger

And yet his title is ‘manager’ not ‘head coach’, which came as a surprise if I’m honest.

Maybe he’ll be one of those tracksuit manager types, but as we don’t have a recruitment department as yet, he’ll definitely be looking for players.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Does he build or demolish? on 08:00 - Dec 17 with 1221 viewsMetal_Hacker

Does he build or demolish? on 06:59 - Dec 17 by hype313

Fraser doesn't.

And neither does Harper and arguably playing it the way Cook wanted neither does Penney or Donacien...that said , that was so last year

Onwards and upwards

Poll: If it were one or the other

Does he build or demolish? on 08:20 - Dec 17 with 1159 viewsArnieM

Neither … being a meticulous planner , he’ll ASSESS first …. Then PLAN…..

Guess what? It’s going to take TIME!!

Are people going to give him that ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Does he build or demolish? on 08:27 - Dec 17 with 1125 viewschicoazul

Does he build or demolish? on 01:03 - Dec 17 by Guthrum

I just hope this guy is a pragmatist not a romantic. We have loads of good players here. Rather than just buying fives new ones let’s see this guy get the best out of what we have and let the system evolve around them rather than the other way round.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Does he build or demolish? on 08:30 - Dec 17 with 1115 viewsitfcjoe

From now on it has to be evolve - we can't afford to do anything else because so many of these players are on long expensive deals with no resale value.

I look forward to seeing how he wants us to play and then we can go from there - but all bets are open currently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does he build or demolish? on 08:32 - Dec 17 with 1090 viewsChurchman

Does he build or demolish? on 08:20 - Dec 17 by ArnieM

I really hope the do Arnie. It’s not going to work otherwise. Whether this happens or not, in our instant world, is another matter.

For me, it’s the only way. I was never into the idea of an oldie, like Warnock, for the rest of the season. If the owners were serious about building something here, that was never going to be the way to do it.
Does he build or demolish? on 08:47 - Dec 17 with 1029 viewsKeaneish

Does he build or demolish? on 08:00 - Dec 17 by Metal_Hacker

And neither does Harper and arguably playing it the way Cook wanted neither does Penney or Donacien...that said , that was so last year

Onwards and upwards

Harper does, he’s a 10 or a central midfielder- he’s just been poor. Fraser does too, he’s rarely been given the 8 role. Penney is an attacking full back so is tailor made for a Cook system, he’s just very inconsistent defensively. Arguably, the only one who doesn’t fit a Cook system is Donacien but he’s on for player of the season given how much his game improved.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Does he build or demolish? on 08:59 - Dec 17 with 993 viewsitfcjoe

Does he build or demolish? on 08:47 - Dec 17 by Keaneish

Harper does, he’s a 10 or a central midfielder- he’s just been poor. Fraser does too, he’s rarely been given the 8 role. Penney is an attacking full back so is tailor made for a Cook system, he’s just very inconsistent defensively. Arguably, the only one who doesn’t fit a Cook system is Donacien but he’s on for player of the season given how much his game improved.

But we don't play with 8s, so Harper and Fraser don't fit - we play with 6s

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does he build or demolish? on 09:02 - Dec 17 with 964 viewsThe_Realist_09

Does he build or demolish? on 00:55 - Dec 17 by bournemouthblue

Both full back positions have been holding us back all season IMO.

Coulson looks to be the only one at a high enough level, although that's a small sample size.
Does he build or demolish? on 09:06 - Dec 17 with 950 viewsmonty_radio

Does he build or demolish? on 08:59 - Dec 17 by itfcjoe

But we don't play with 8s, so Harper and Fraser don't fit - we play with 6s

Yet both of those have the level of on-the-ball skill that KM might be likely to respond to.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Does he build or demolish? on 09:08 - Dec 17 with 930 viewstextbackup

Does he build or demolish? on 08:20 - Dec 17 by ArnieM

People - football supporters - Ipswich supporters - NO

I’d like to think a large majority will shout them down with force tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024