Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new man sounds the real deal 08:18 - Dec 17 with 1267 viewsArnieM

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/profile-of-prospective-new-itfc-boss-k

Congratulations Mark Ashton…..perhaps Ive misjudged you !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Our new man sounds the real deal on 08:35 - Dec 17 with 1150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I of course want it to work out but this could be a worry in a side that needs shaking up,

“As a captain it was a quiet leadership with him. It was a positive attitude about everything. It was about bringing people on. Not the shouting and the rabble-rousing type of stuff. He would be a quiet individual but inside there would be a lot going on.” 

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Our new man sounds the real deal on 08:48 - Dec 17 with 1093 viewshammo56

Think I will wait and see how things go. Hopefully we have got it right this time but he certainly has a big job on his hands.
Our new man sounds the real deal on 09:06 - Dec 17 with 1023 viewsZx1988

Our new man sounds the real deal on 08:35 - Dec 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

I of course want it to work out but this could be a worry in a side that needs shaking up,

“As a captain it was a quiet leadership with him. It was a positive attitude about everything. It was about bringing people on. Not the shouting and the rabble-rousing type of stuff. He would be a quiet individual but inside there would be a lot going on.” 

Is it what is needed though?

It seems that the days of a new manager coming in and sticking a rocket up the players are long gone, now that the way in which young players are coached and brought on leads them to believe that they're special little flowers.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Our new man sounds the real deal on 09:21 - Dec 17 with 916 viewsHighgateBlue

Agreed.

I did fear that Ashton would be inclined to recruit someone he happened to have worked with before. An unfair assumption on my part. McKenna seems thoughtful and intelligent. I have every confidence that his ears have been open at Man Utd for a number of years. A lot of good will have gone in.

One interesting symbolic factor about McKenna is that he was born after the Bobby Robson ITFC era. The first ITFC boss of whom that's true.

He's as capable of looking at the history books and saying the right things as the next man, but that symbolises a new era of going and grabbing a bright new future, and not /just/ moaning that we're not where we used to be.

Through Mourinho, we have a direct link from McKenna to the great man though. Knowledge passed down through the generations...
Our new man sounds the real deal on 09:27 - Dec 17 with 864 viewsThe_Snake

I hear what you're saying, but I'm encouraged by the fact that he sets a system to beat the opposition. Rather than playing the same system time and again regardless of whether it's working or not.

Perhaps these players need some direction rather than repetition. We'll see...
Our new man sounds the real deal on 09:31 - Dec 17 with 782 viewsFixed_It

I believe Pert is the more outgoing one of the two - a well-balanced partnership.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Our new man sounds the real deal on 10:08 - Dec 17 with 665 viewsRadioOrwell

He's certainly been around really significant coaches / managers / players.

I'm just a little worried about what he thinks when he starts working with our mob.
Our new man sounds the real deal on 10:13 - Dec 17 with 621 viewsRobTheMonk

It's something new that's for sure. I quite like that there's no preconception of what he's capable of. It's a relative unknown which is exciting.

Good luck McKenna!
Login to get fewer ads

Our new man sounds the real deal on 10:13 - Dec 17 with 620 viewschrismakin

We'll see how it goes

One thing coaching the best youngsters in the country to world class players. Then trying to get Toto to pass the ball 5 yards

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024