Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Options for legally watching online? 11:03 - Dec 18 with 3278 viewsDeano69

After a tormented few days I have decided not to go today, gutted.

Any way of legally watching online that anyone knows of.

Suspect I know the answer. :(

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Options for legally watching online? on 11:06 - Dec 18 with 2697 viewsHullblue

Nip over to Calais with your laptop, find a bar and watch the game on iFollow. Bring all your Christmas booze back with you. Easy.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Options for legally watching online? on 11:11 - Dec 18 with 2663 viewsDeano69

Options for legally watching online? on 11:06 - Dec 18 by Hullblue

Nip over to Calais with your laptop, find a bar and watch the game on iFollow. Bring all your Christmas booze back with you. Easy.

Great idea. Although the frenchies don’t want us over there now.

Options for legally watching online? on 11:12 - Dec 18 with 2655 viewsKeno

Options for legally watching online? on 11:11 - Dec 18 by Deano69

Great idea. Although the frenchies don’t want us over there now.

Threaten them with a invasion and they will just surrender

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Options for legally watching online? on 11:12 - Dec 18 with 2655 viewsbluelagos

Options for legally watching online? on 11:06 - Dec 18 by Hullblue

French stopped British visitors yesterday I think. Ferry to Holland is all good and I only got charged £18 when I used their wifi to pick up half a dozen messages couple of years back.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Options for legally watching online? on 11:14 - Dec 18 with 2639 viewsbluelagos

Options for legally watching online? on 11:12 - Dec 18 by Keno

Threaten them with a invasion and they will just surrender

That narrative is very Daily Mail Keno. You not seen the French fishing licenses we found down the back of the sofa recently?

Options for legally watching online? on 11:21 - Dec 18 with 2606 viewsthelingting

Use a VPN to put yourself somewhere else around the world, for example France. And then you'll be able to buy a match pass on iFollow.
Options for legally watching online? on 11:22 - Dec 18 with 2597 viewsKeno

Options for legally watching online? on 11:14 - Dec 18 by bluelagos

That narrative is very Daily Mail Keno. You not seen the French fishing licenses we found down the back of the sofa recently?

if French fisherman had been on the front line in 1940 they could have just blockaded the Ardennes

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Options for legally watching online? on 11:41 - Dec 18 with 2530 viewsSwansea_Blue

Options for legally watching online? on 11:21 - Dec 18 by thelingting

Use a VPN to put yourself somewhere else around the world, for example France. And then you'll be able to buy a match pass on iFollow.

Yep. Although the OP stipulated legal. I'm not sure that using VPNs to bypass geo restrictions is legal. It seems a very grey area even though loads of people do it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Options for legally watching online? on 11:58 - Dec 18 with 2466 viewsbluelagos

Options for legally watching online? on 11:41 - Dec 18 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. Although the OP stipulated legal. I'm not sure that using VPNs to bypass geo restrictions is legal. It seems a very grey area even though loads of people do it.

What law is being broken? Any one know?

Options for legally watching online? on 11:59 - Dec 18 with 2457 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

It’s 100% legal.

VPN is the way forward.
Options for legally watching online? on 12:02 - Dec 18 with 2432 viewsXYZ

Options for legally watching online? on 11:58 - Dec 18 by bluelagos

What law is being broken? Any one know?

Breach of contract with the provider (read the T&Cs), who will have a contract with the EFL that requires a block on UK viewers for 3pm Saturday games.

Not a criminal offence.

My guess, anyway.
Options for legally watching online? on 12:02 - Dec 18 with 2433 viewsthelingting

I don't think it's a particularly grey area. Would put my gut on it not being illegal, maybe that'll change some point in the future but not at present.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 17:15]
Options for legally watching online? on 12:04 - Dec 18 with 2411 viewsbluelagos

Options for legally watching online? on 12:02 - Dec 18 by thelingting

I don't think it's a particularly grey area. Would put my gut on it not being illegal, maybe that'll change some point in the future but not at present.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 17:15]

So which criminal law is being broken?

Edit - misread your post (cheers Jeera)

Yep - defo not illegal - so legal :-)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 12:46]

Options for legally watching online? on 12:11 - Dec 18 with 2353 viewsslaughteredskipper

Let’s imagine someone didn’t know how to do that? What would be your step by step instructions if they really were that stupid?🤔
Options for legally watching online? on 12:24 - Dec 18 with 2252 viewsDeano69

And the fact you pay using a uk registered credit card doesn’t suggest it’s being used incorrectly?

Options for legally watching online? on 12:31 - Dec 18 with 2216 viewsDavoIPB

Options for legally watching online? on 11:59 - Dec 18 by BlueBlueBluex2

It’s 100% legal.

VPN is the way forward.

It isnt illegal at present but does seem like a grey area. Have heard people try it and get kicked off after 15mins then have to log back in and works. That may say something about how legal it is!
Options for legally watching online? on 12:33 - Dec 18 with 2205 viewsbluelagos

Options for legally watching online? on 12:24 - Dec 18 by Deano69

And the fact you pay using a uk registered credit card doesn’t suggest it’s being used incorrectly?

To pay for the VPN? Lots of legitimate uses of a VPN, hence why the UK govt has never legislated to make them illegal.

Paying for ifollow. Clearly using a uk registered Cr Card could lead the seller (ITFC) to conclude you were likely to be UK based and so breaking their tc and cs.

If they chose to then refuse to sell you access to ifollow on that basis you'd be stuffed. They don't as far as I am aware, though they could in the future of course go down that route.

Options for legally watching online? on 12:34 - Dec 18 with 2197 viewsbluelagos

Options for legally watching online? on 12:02 - Dec 18 by XYZ

Breach of contract with the provider (read the T&Cs), who will have a contract with the EFL that requires a block on UK viewers for 3pm Saturday games.

Not a criminal offence.

My guess, anyway.

Indeed, breaching the Ts and Cs is not a criminal offense so anyone stating "it is illegal" and who can't tell you which law is being broken is incorrect...

Options for legally watching online? on 12:43 - Dec 18 with 2157 viewsjeera

Options for legally watching online? on 12:04 - Dec 18 by bluelagos

So which criminal law is being broken?

Edit - misread your post (cheers Jeera)

Yep - defo not illegal - so legal :-)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 12:46]

To be fair the guy there is agreeing he doesn't see how it is illegal either, at least for now.

If there were really strong feelings about it there would be stringent measures in place you would think, which there clearly aren't given it's so easy to circumnavigate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Options for legally watching online? on 12:47 - Dec 18 with 2123 viewsjeera

Options for legally watching online? on 12:31 - Dec 18 by DavoIPB

It isnt illegal at present but does seem like a grey area. Have heard people try it and get kicked off after 15mins then have to log back in and works. That may say something about how legal it is!

I have had that a few times, especially with France for no apparent reason.

I like to think Macron takes it personally anyone from the UK using his country in such a way and sits there waiting for people to log on so he can boot them off himself for his own satisfaction.

A bit like VPN whack-a-mole.

Options for legally watching online? on 12:47 - Dec 18 with 2123 viewsbluelagos

Options for legally watching online? on 12:43 - Dec 18 by jeera

To be fair the guy there is agreeing he doesn't see how it is illegal either, at least for now.

If there were really strong feelings about it there would be stringent measures in place you would think, which there clearly aren't given it's so easy to circumnavigate.

Oops. The old double negative means a positive* :-)

Cheers - edited post.

*Just not in testing CV kids!

Options for legally watching online? on 12:52 - Dec 18 with 2063 viewsRyorry

Options for legally watching online? on 12:33 - Dec 18 by bluelagos

To pay for the VPN? Lots of legitimate uses of a VPN, hence why the UK govt has never legislated to make them illegal.

Paying for ifollow. Clearly using a uk registered Cr Card could lead the seller (ITFC) to conclude you were likely to be UK based and so breaking their tc and cs.

If they chose to then refuse to sell you access to ifollow on that basis you'd be stuffed. They don't as far as I am aware, though they could in the future of course go down that route.

There's also the point (I think) that the EFL (or other footballing authority) restrict live-streaming for the good reason that they don't want clubs' valuable revenue source of bums-on-seats being depleted by cheaper online ways of watching.

Tho in these Covid times, I'd say there's a good case for making exceptions when the R rate is high.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Options for legally watching online? on 12:59 - Dec 18 with 2034 viewsDeano69

Options for legally watching online? on 12:33 - Dec 18 by bluelagos

Thanks for that. Likewise, having your address etc on you iFollow account still doesn’t cause an issue. Just seems too….. easy?

Options for legally watching online? on 13:02 - Dec 18 with 2023 viewsjeera

Options for legally watching online? on 12:59 - Dec 18 by Deano69

Thanks for that. Likewise, having your address etc on you iFollow account still doesn’t cause an issue. Just seems too….. easy?

I think it's deliberately a bit lax.

It's clean money coming in at the end of the day, finding all the right places too.

Maybe the EFL has shares in certain VPNs?

Options for legally watching online? on 13:02 - Dec 18 with 2013 viewsBathBlue

Options for legally watching online? on 12:24 - Dec 18 by Deano69

Plenty of legitimate reasons to use a UK card when watching ifollow abroad. I live in Thailand but bought my season pass with my UK card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024