Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today 18:26 - Dec 18 with 1609 viewscarlisleaway

We seem to create a better atmosphere when we have a smaller crowd, nice to see Portman Road full though. Just shows all we need is a constant winning team.
Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:30 - Dec 18 with 1548 viewsWallingford_Boy

Home games are always quiet. Away games is where it’s at.

RIP Sir Bobby

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:33 - Dec 18 with 1508 viewsjontysnut

Are there any struggling clubs which have an amazing atmosphere?
Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:36 - Dec 18 with 1454 viewschrismakin

It was clear on ifollow. First half you could really hear it

2nd half straight from kickoff. Either the sound had been reduced on infollow or the crowd were immediately nervous as it was nowhere near the same level.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:41 - Dec 18 with 1417 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1) I think that’s harsh. It was good at times. Very good at others. Bad at others.

2) It’s always the North stand that gets blamed for atmosphere when the irony is that it’s the only stand that tries. A couple of times a rendition of ‘stand up if you hate the scum’ went round the north stand and other than some in the Cobbold, the rest of the three stands stayed glued to their seats.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:44 - Dec 18 with 1386 viewsnoggin

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:41 - Dec 18 by The_Romford_Blue

1) I think that’s harsh. It was good at times. Very good at others. Bad at others.

2) It’s always the North stand that gets blamed for atmosphere when the irony is that it’s the only stand that tries. A couple of times a rendition of ‘stand up if you hate the scum’ went round the north stand and other than some in the Cobbold, the rest of the three stands stayed glued to their seats.

Did 'Beattie is back' get sung?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:57 - Dec 18 with 1306 viewsbazza

It comes across as tho section 4 has fallen out with section 6.. they don’t seem to join in with each other..
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 18:58]
Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:59 - Dec 18 with 1297 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 18:41 - Dec 18 by The_Romford_Blue

There's a group of guys who sit Upper South near the away fans who never stop singing, and probably 5 times out of 10, they get a good chant going.
Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 1138 viewsborge

I agree. Slightly hypocritical for those of us elsewhere in the ground to criticise, but Lower North is the engine room for the rest of us and it wasn't happening today (unlike many of the other matches this season with lower crowds where Lower North has been amazing). The players did their bit in the first half but as a crowd we missed the opportunity to reciprocate.

The rest of the crowd will only sing if things are really bubbling, but they will get involved with the clapping for the allez-allez-allez thing and I am not sure that that was sung until the second half.

I felt with more crowd support the team could have got the all important second goal before half time.
Login to get fewer ads

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 1137 viewsIllinoisblue

And yet Burns, Chaplin, and Edmundson have all tweeted saying what a great atmosphere it was. And McGreal mentioned it too.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:39 - Dec 18 with 1065 viewsSparky85

Don’t agree with this in the slightest. Sat in SBR lower and it seemed pretty good all game. Might help if any of the other stands got involved from time to time.
Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:46 - Dec 18 with 1014 viewspointofblue

The anti-Norwich songs irritate me. Is that how we get behind the players now? Not by supporting them but by blasting the Norfolk lot?

It's probably just a personal thing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:47 - Dec 18 with 1005 viewsSouperJim

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:46 - Dec 18 by pointofblue

The anti-Norwich songs irritate me. Is that how we get behind the players now? Not by supporting them but by blasting the Norfolk lot?

Hark now hear gets sung a lot around Christmas...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:47 - Dec 18 with 1003 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We need more player chants, do we actually have any ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:48 - Dec 18 with 995 viewsnoggin

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:46 - Dec 18 by pointofblue

Agree 100%

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:50 - Dec 18 with 977 viewsbazza

That and the finest football team… who lost to barrow midweek 😂
Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:50 - Dec 18 with 972 viewspointofblue

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 19:47 - Dec 18 by SouperJim

Hark now hear gets sung a lot around Christmas...

Hark Now Hear I can except as it's praising us, even with "The Norwich ran away line". The likes of "Stand up if you hate the scum" and "He's just a poor little budgie"... no.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 20:24 - Dec 18 with 845 viewsSteve_M

It was pretty decent for a big game, first half especially.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Very disappointed from the atmosphere not created by the lower North today on 20:25 - Dec 18 with 837 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Oh when the town go marching in was loud!

I’m sure s4 and across to s1 sing some old songs. S5 and S6 and cobble go with the drummer!

Can we get a megaphone man to get in harmony?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024