Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood & Bonne 10:29 - Dec 19 with 1514 viewsclive_baker

I think if we persist with 2 up top they’ve got the makings of a good partnership at this level. Work hard, they’re scrappy, decent in the air, can finish, bit of fight about them and both intelligent and street wise. I think they’re capable of developing a good partnership, and it seems like they get on off the pitch. The sort of front 2 you wouldn’t want to play against.

There were a few occasions yesterday where they didn’t look best pleased with Evans. They were trying to press Sunderland, but often our midfield was so deep that they had an easy out ball. They wanted Evans to be joining in at least 10 yards up the pitch. Saw Norwood give him a right earful on a couple of occasions.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 10:38]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norwood & Bonne on 10:32 - Dec 19 with 1499 viewsGuthrum

Norwood and Bonne are also the two best out-and-out strikers at the club. It's only logical to put them together.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Norwood & Bonne on 10:37 - Dec 19 with 1468 viewsRomeo4

I have real nagging thought that we’ve got a real weapon in Piggot but we’ve just not seen him at his best yet. Only way we’re going to see that is if he gets a run of games.

I agree that Bonne/Norwood is probably the way to go if playing 2 up at the moment. I don’t expect Norwood to stay fit for long so Piggot will no doubt get a proper chance soon (depending on what the new head coach’s plans are)
Norwood & Bonne on 10:41 - Dec 19 with 1444 viewsSimonds92

I do like the fact they're both sh!thouses. Really horrible for any defence to have to play against those 2. Just cannot play 442 only way to get them both in is a 352 which (as McGreal said yesterday) suits this whole squad of players.
Norwood & Bonne on 10:46 - Dec 19 with 1407 viewsKeaneish

Yeah agreed. If we flex our 352 to be a 3142 or a 3412 I’d love to see what damage that front two could do with either Aluko, Chaplin or Celina in behind too. We have good quality delivery into the box all season with Penney, KVY, Burns and even Donacien. The bodies we fill that box with the better.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood & Bonne on 10:51 - Dec 19 with 1363 viewsMetal_Hacker

Norwood & Bonne on 10:37 - Dec 19 by Romeo4

I have real nagging thought that we’ve got a real weapon in Piggot but we’ve just not seen him at his best yet. Only way we’re going to see that is if he gets a run of games.

I agree that Bonne/Norwood is probably the way to go if playing 2 up at the moment. I don’t expect Norwood to stay fit for long so Piggot will no doubt get a proper chance soon (depending on what the new head coach’s plans are)

We’ve also got a real “weapon “ in Norwood

Joking aside I tend to agree , we really quite obviously haven’t seen the best of The Pig as yet

Poll: If it were one or the other

Norwood & Bonne on 16:45 - Dec 19 with 1159 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwood & Bonne on 10:37 - Dec 19 by Romeo4

I’d agree with that and it’s surprising Bonne hasn’t been dropped yet

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwood & Bonne on 16:49 - Dec 19 with 1137 viewsVic

If Bonne isn’t going to be near next season at what point do we stop playing him and using players we will have instead?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Norwood & Bonne on 17:23 - Dec 19 with 1056 viewspositivity

maybe too similar?

pigott has the better record at this level and offers something different, maybe even chaplin, still not convinced norwood isn't more use as an impact sub

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood & Bonne on 20:03 - Dec 19 with 922 viewsArnieM

This probably won’t go down well, but I think Pigott is actually far more skillful than Norwood. He just hasn’t settled here so far and had lost his scoring touch.

There’s no guarantee that Bonne will remain here come Jan, so it could end up being Pigott/ Norwood ( IF the latter remains ), but there’s no guarantee of that either . Despite scoring goals since he’s come back into the side Norwood’s body language clearly betrays his current mind set . He’s not happy.

It’ll be an interesting January Window …..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood & Bonne on 20:14 - Dec 19 with 902 viewsjayessess

Norwood & Bonne on 20:03 - Dec 19 by ArnieM

This probably won’t go down well, but I think Pigott is actually far more skillful than Norwood. He just hasn’t settled here so far and had lost his scoring touch.

There’s no guarantee that Bonne will remain here come Jan, so it could end up being Pigott/ Norwood ( IF the latter remains ), but there’s no guarantee of that either . Despite scoring goals since he’s come back into the side Norwood’s body language clearly betrays his current mind set . He’s not happy.

It’ll be an interesting January Window …..

Norwood's general play over the past 2 games hasn't been up to much at all. He's in a team that collectively can't buy a goal and he's on a bit of a roll at the moment, which is important, but it's not something you'd ultimately build your team around.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood & Bonne on 20:30 - Dec 19 with 876 viewsArnieM

Norwood & Bonne on 20:14 - Dec 19 by jayessess

Norwood's general play over the past 2 games hasn't been up to much at all. He's in a team that collectively can't buy a goal and he's on a bit of a roll at the moment, which is important, but it's not something you'd ultimately build your team around.

Watching him , his first touch is very poor I think . But then he had been out of first team for a while , having said that he’s the only one sticking it in the net isn’t he . Pigott can’t be showing very well in training coz he can’t buy a start can he. But his record at level speaks for itself ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood & Bonne on 22:05 - Dec 19 with 751 viewsOsborneOneNil

Norwood & Bonne on 20:14 - Dec 19 by jayessess

Yesterday was exactly that. He couldn’t control the ball, misplacing simple passes etc.

I had a moan to my lad, followed with ‘he’ll probably score now’.

Bonne, he’s got to be given a breather soon, hasn’t he?
Norwood & Bonne on 22:13 - Dec 19 with 725 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwood & Bonne on 16:49 - Dec 19 by Vic

If Bonne isn’t going to be near next season at what point do we stop playing him and using players we will have instead?

Bearing in mind how much Bonne has gone off the boil at League 1 level, what is to say he won't be here next season? I can't see a Championship side being keen on him at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood & Bonne on 22:50 - Dec 19 with 659 viewsjayessess

Norwood & Bonne on 20:30 - Dec 19 by ArnieM

Watching him , his first touch is very poor I think . But then he had been out of first team for a while , having said that he’s the only one sticking it in the net isn’t he . Pigott can’t be showing very well in training coz he can’t buy a start can he. But his record at level speaks for itself ….

Pigott was as technically poor as Norwood was at Wigan, ball bouncing off him, simple passes going astray, without the saving grace of being on a scoring streak. Personally, I think our attacking midfielders are much stronger than our strikers, so I'd be tempted to start 2 of them, rather than another striker.

Norwood & Bonne on 22:54 - Dec 19 with 652 viewspositivity

Norwood & Bonne on 22:50 - Dec 19 by jayessess

Pigott was as technically poor as Norwood was at Wigan, ball bouncing off him, simple passes going astray, without the saving grace of being on a scoring streak. Personally, I think our attacking midfielders are much stronger than our strikers, so I'd be tempted to start 2 of them, rather than another striker.

mostly agree, but is 2 goals counting as a streak now?! it's not exactly mo salah (or even macauley bonne!)

Norwood & Bonne on 22:58 - Dec 19 with 638 viewsjayessess

Norwood & Bonne on 22:54 - Dec 19 by positivity

mostly agree, but is 2 goals counting as a streak now?! it's not exactly mo salah (or even macauley bonne!)

It's a streak when it's 100% of your team's goals in the last 5 games!

Norwood & Bonne on 23:00 - Dec 19 with 632 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Like playing against Phil and Grant Mitchell. Two hard nuts who you wouldn't not fancy having a fight with.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Norwood & Bonne on 23:05 - Dec 19 with 616 viewsstrikalite

It's going to be interesting to see how that changes, the 3-5-2 is very new right now but if he sticks with it then it needs work, we need to be much braver in pressing as a team, no doubt it's not in their game right now hence this huge gap through the middle.
Norwood & Bonne on 23:09 - Dec 19 with 608 viewspositivity

Norwood & Bonne on 22:58 - Dec 19 by jayessess

It's a streak when it's 100% of your team's goals in the last 5 games!

we're in desperate times!

by that definition jackson was on a streak for 3 games before that (and og was on a streak for 2.5 games before the celina wonder goal)!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024