Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Evans 13:17 - Dec 19 with 931 viewsboncho1977

The guy is becoming a liability, I want him to do well but he is absolutely shocking.

Was at the game and yes he played well 1st half however 2nd half was the usual missed tackles and wayward passes. His set pieces are not even great, we never look like scoring from corners.

I just watched the highlights and he was to blame for their goal, he lunged in and missed the tackle when he should be standing up to the opponent. Then we were outnumbered and Edmunson was pulled out of position.

Then the goal that was disallowed he carelessly gave the ball away on the halfway line.

It’s not a case of him being a scapegoat, he came here and we had high expectations and he is one of the worse town centre midfielders i’ve seen in 30 years. Other than the 1st half yesterday he never busts a gut or chases the ball.

If he is one of the 2 best centre midfielders in the squad then we deserve to be 12th
Lee Evans on 13:20 - Dec 19 with 889 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He does seem to split opinion on here.

He's not for me, I think he's too slow to react too many times, abysmal at tackling and doesn't offer enough going forward. You will often see Morsy beating players with the ball at his feet, Evans doesn't do that.

He does have a good range of pass, but I just think the defensive side of his game is too weak, and he doesn't counteract that by being good going forward.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lee Evans on 13:26 - Dec 19 with 856 viewschrismakin

You've described every player in yesterday's game. Great first half but some mistakes came through in the 2nd.

Regarding their goal. Yes he was involved. But firstly there was a lack of closedown on the initial pass. Edmundson also wasn't aware of his man. Penney could have helped more than he did.

Correct on other attempt his pass was awful. But it wasn't the only misplaced pass.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Lee Evans on 13:30 - Dec 19 with 839 viewsitfcsuth

Let’s not get carried, he’s not absolutely shocking, that’s just a complete exaggeration.

He hasn’t found form consistently since joining us. I think technically he is fine, and have seen flashes of good quality, but lacks a bit of pace and defensive ability.

His dead ball delivery is superb!

I don’t think he warrants a starting position right now, a position I would like to see El Mizouni given a chance with alongside Morsy.

Certainly remains one of the core 18 players for me though.
Lee Evans on 14:04 - Dec 19 with 738 viewsGarv

Lunges into tackles or never chases the ball, which is it?

Also failing to point out Morsy also missed a tackle for their goal. If Celina or Aluko provided an assist like that we wouldn't be criticizing the opponent's defending.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lee Evans on 14:05 - Dec 19 with 736 viewsIllinoisblue

Evans is essentially a microcosm of ITFC; occasionally really good but unable to impose himself on a game for any sustained period.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lee Evans on 14:12 - Dec 19 with 706 viewsSE1blue

He could be doing better. But…

I’m willing to be patient and see what this squad can do when they have proper coaching across all parts of the pitch.

I think Evans is suffering from a lack of confidence and needs the right guidance to improve to his true ability. I don’t think he’s been shown how he fits in this team properly. Just my take.

He shouldn’t be allowed to take corners though.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Lee Evans on 14:33 - Dec 19 with 665 viewsnoggin

Surely their goal was Toto's fault.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lee Evans on 15:27 - Dec 19 with 573 viewsSamWhiteUK

Disallowed goal? Thought you said you were at the game. When did that happen?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024