Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow 16:06 - Dec 19 with 5410 viewsgtsb1966

do people think they will be passed in parliament or would the Tory and Labour parties have enough opposition to stop it. Would the labour party back the government on further restrictions?
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:09 - Dec 19 with 2500 viewsZXBlue

Depends what they are and what the support for them is. In principle they clearlly could.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:11 - Dec 19 with 2477 viewsblueconscience

Of course they will. They are loving this power rush.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:12 - Dec 19 with 2465 viewshoppy

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:09 - Dec 19 by ZXBlue

Depends what they are and what the support for them is. In principle they clearlly could.

Depends also when their Christmas party date is.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:12 - Dec 19 with 2458 viewsVic

Would labour support it? Yes I think they would.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:13 - Dec 19 with 2451 viewsfactual_blue

The Labour Party will always, unlike stupid, ignorant tory backbenchers, do the right thing.

The trick Labour needs to pull off is ensuring boris remains PM. He's their biggest electoral asset.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:13 - Dec 19 with 2451 viewsBlueBadger

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:11 - Dec 19 by blueconscience

You appear to have spelt 'considerably more interested in the health and safety of the general public than a large swathe of government MP's' wrong, there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:14 - Dec 19 with 2430 viewsgtsb1966

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:13 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

The Labour Party will always, unlike stupid, ignorant tory backbenchers, do the right thing.

The trick Labour needs to pull off is ensuring boris remains PM. He's their biggest electoral asset.

Not going to happen though unfortunately. Boris hasn't got a chance of being in the top job come the next election.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:16 - Dec 19 with 2396 viewsblueconscience

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:13 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

You appear to have spelt 'considerably more interested in the health and safety of the general public than a large swathe of government MP's' wrong, there.

The MPs and Sage would soon change their tune if their lives have been turned upside down due to not being able to work and pay the bills.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:17 - Dec 19 with 2386 viewsjaykay

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:11 - Dec 19 by blueconscience

or they're think of the n.h.s. if they wanted a power rush they wouldn't have bailed out boris last time.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:18 - Dec 19 with 2385 viewsZXBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:16 - Dec 19 by blueconscience

The MPs and Sage would soon change their tune if their lives have been turned upside down due to not being able to work and pay the bills.

I very much doubt that.

Because the disruption caused by widespread death tends to be bigger than financial problems.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:21 - Dec 19 with 2348 viewslowhouseblue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:16 - Dec 19 by blueconscience

lockdown is bad. the nhs being overwhelmed, people dying in corridors, and others not getting access to treatment is worse. it's a grim calculation, but it may be where we're headed.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:31 - Dec 19 with 2295 viewsBlueBadger

A large number of people who sit on Sage are healthcare professionals. Several MPs are healthcare professionals or business people.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:52 - Dec 19 with 2189 viewsPerublue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:31 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

A large number of people who sit on Sage are healthcare professionals. Several MPs are healthcare professionals or business people.

When will people learn,probably just following the bad influences like sheep set by our overlords.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/health/suffolk-ambulance-staff-christmas-part

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:55 - Dec 19 with 2153 viewsBlueBadger

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:52 - Dec 19 by Perublue

When will people learn,probably just following the bad influences like sheep set by our overlords.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/health/suffolk-ambulance-staff-christmas-part

You appear to confusing a group of private individuals with the government, there.

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:58 - Dec 19 with 2132 viewsPerublue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:55 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

You appear to confusing a group of private individuals with the government, there.

Yeah

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:02 - Dec 19 with 2109 viewsfactual_blue

The decent people amongst us are very happy that SAGE does all it can to prevent people having their lives turned upside down by the death of their loved ones.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:02 - Dec 19 with 2095 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Thats a lot of 'Ifs'.

Not happening, no matter how much it's required. But be prepared for new restrictions, possibly a two week lockdown, from December 27th announced on Boxing Day.

Definite Info.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:04 - Dec 19 with 2078 views_sanctimoanious_

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:21 - Dec 19 by lowhouseblue

lockdown is bad. the nhs being overwhelmed, people dying in corridors, and others not getting access to treatment is worse. it's a grim calculation, but it may be where we're headed.

Hope they privatise the nhs as it seems to be the only way as it just can’t cope! We must never ever question this government’s decisions as they only have our interests at heart. As long as the government beat those worst case modelling scenarios then they’ve done an awesome job!!

Only kidding of course! 1hr tops of outside time is best for all. Pre-book your fourth jab asap.

Calm down - all just banter. Save your sanctimony.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 17:15]
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:05 - Dec 19 with 2061 viewsStokieBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:02 - Dec 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Thats a lot of 'Ifs'.

Not happening, no matter how much it's required. But be prepared for new restrictions, possibly a two week lockdown, from December 27th announced on Boxing Day.

Definite Info.

If it's a lockdown it's going to be hard to start it on the 27th given a lot of people aren't going to be near their homes where they would need to be for the next 2 weeks.

More restrictions more likely I would think given the state of the Tories and the CRG.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:06 - Dec 19 with 2053 viewsZXBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:02 - Dec 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Thats a lot of 'Ifs'.

Definite Info.

Very possible I would say.

Perublue presumably knows just how restrictive it has been there. The restrictions here have been a picnic by comparison.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:07 - Dec 19 with 2038 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:05 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

If it's a lockdown it's going to be hard to start it on the 27th given a lot of people aren't going to be near their homes where they would need to be for the next 2 weeks.

More restrictions more likely I would think given the state of the Tories and the CRG.

SB

We've gone into lockdowns before where people have needed to get themselves home.
I work in a University, we've had to do it almost overnight twice.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:07 - Dec 19 with 2052 viewsMullet

There was a rumour going around work they’d planned for the 27th to start a lockdown. This was evidenced by the collection and checking if IT facilities centrally across all our places. Presumably to give out to the kids without access again.

This was backed up by someone at work whose mate “works for the government…. And who was spot on” with the last few measures etc.

Take that as you will, I held off saying anything as it will cause undue anxiety if true. However, I’ve seen it pop up in social media which makes me think it’s a common conspiracy or a genuine leak to test the waters.

Personally, I know I’ll really struggle with another one. But I’d also struggling hearing about friends or kids I teach losing people in such high numbers again.

Bloody sh1t innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:10 - Dec 19 with 2007 viewslowhouseblue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:04 - Dec 19 by _sanctimoanious_

Hope they privatise the nhs as it seems to be the only way as it just can’t cope! We must never ever question this government’s decisions as they only have our interests at heart. As long as the government beat those worst case modelling scenarios then they’ve done an awesome job!!

Only kidding of course! 1hr tops of outside time is best for all. Pre-book your fourth jab asap.

Calm down - all just banter. Save your sanctimony.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 17:15]

what?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:11 - Dec 19 with 2005 viewsPerublue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:06 - Dec 19 by ZXBlue

Very possible I would say.

Perublue presumably knows just how restrictive it has been there. The restrictions here have been a picnic by comparison.

Spot on in so many ways ... the amount of ''first world problems'' i have witnessed being moaned about has been sick making living under and still living under things the UK would never accept.

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:15 - Dec 19 with 1961 viewsZXBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:11 - Dec 19 by Perublue

Spot on in so many ways ... the amount of ''first world problems'' i have witnessed being moaned about has been sick making living under and still living under things the UK would never accept.

My brother is returning to the uk from Lima for xmas, in 3 days time...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024