Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More evidence of the moronic minority… 19:25 - Dec 19 with 5017 views66notout

The after-match scenes at Charlton were a disgrace and we’ve seen other unsavoury stuff from time to time, but yesterday it reached a new low when their player had to be carted off.
Fine, we’ve seen a lot of cheating from visiting sides this season as they take a breather and for a brief moment I thought Sunderland were at it as well. But come on guys, booing when a player is stretchered off with a potentially serious injury? Not classy.Thought we were better than that.
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 19:38 - Dec 19 with 3701 viewsSwansea_Blue

I picked it up on iFollow. It's not a good look. But then there's a new breed of 'fan' who seem only interested in the worse elements of football tribalism and general drunken d1ckheadery behaviour (see also homophobic ****s on trains). Maybe we've always had them, but it wasn't long ago that a player leaving the pitch injured would have had a unanimous round of applause. We'd have had none of this booing of anti-racist initiatives either. Or running on the pitch to punch your own players.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:27 - Dec 19 with 3505 viewsMackemLad

Pleased you posted this. We were shocked by this yesterday, like you say fair enough when someone is feigning injury but the lad was clearly very injured, on another day that tackle could easily have been a red card. But to boo the lad being driven off the pitch as he couldn't walk - that's a new level of low, and not one we expected from Ipswich.

He's thankfully been given a timeline of just 3-4 weeks out, but will be a miss for us over the Christmas games for sure.
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:30 - Dec 19 with 3463 viewsSwansea_Blue

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:27 - Dec 19 by MackemLad

Pleased you posted this. We were shocked by this yesterday, like you say fair enough when someone is feigning injury but the lad was clearly very injured, on another day that tackle could easily have been a red card. But to boo the lad being driven off the pitch as he couldn't walk - that's a new level of low, and not one we expected from Ipswich.

He's thankfully been given a timeline of just 3-4 weeks out, but will be a miss for us over the Christmas games for sure.

I'm all for a round of tongue in cheek "hope he's dead, hope he's dead" when a player is obviously feigning it. But yep, it's a different matter once it's obviously a serious injury. It's a sport at the end of the day and player welfare should come first.

I thought it was a bit of a tasty challenge and he was lucky to avoid a yellow at the very least. (edit - but our own Mick Mills on commentary didn't see anything wrong with it. I suppose we'll all have different views on it according to our colours).
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 20:32]

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:33 - Dec 19 with 3450 viewsbazza

I didn’t hear boos as he went Off, definitely boos as he got up and Down and hobbled about and it appeared He was laying it on a bit, and it was definitely a tactic to slow down play which had happened prior to his injury, as we battered them In the first half And they didn’t know what to do.. most people Were waving flags and making a lot Of noise.some people clapped as he went off.
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:41 - Dec 19 with 3394 viewsjeera

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:30 - Dec 19 by Swansea_Blue

I'm all for a round of tongue in cheek "hope he's dead, hope he's dead" when a player is obviously feigning it. But yep, it's a different matter once it's obviously a serious injury. It's a sport at the end of the day and player welfare should come first.

I thought it was a bit of a tasty challenge and he was lucky to avoid a yellow at the very least. (edit - but our own Mick Mills on commentary didn't see anything wrong with it. I suppose we'll all have different views on it according to our colours).
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 20:32]

Mills thought initially he was having everyone on but of course had the presence of mind to put his hands up once he realised that wasn't the case.

He actually seemed quite embarrassed didn't he.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:56 - Dec 19 with 3276 viewsSwansea_Blue

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:41 - Dec 19 by jeera

Mills thought initially he was having everyone on but of course had the presence of mind to put his hands up once he realised that wasn't the case.

He actually seemed quite embarrassed didn't he.

Yeah, he back tracked from saying he was faking it and did seem a bit embarrassed about his first comments.

Mick’s awesome. I know his delivery style (lack of!) isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he’s so observant and actually adds something to the commentary. He puts a lot of the national ‘bigger’ name pundits to shame (few of which were anywhere as big a player as Mick was). He’s so quick to spot what’s going on.

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:00 - Dec 19 with 3254 viewsjeera

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:56 - Dec 19 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, he back tracked from saying he was faking it and did seem a bit embarrassed about his first comments.

Mick’s awesome. I know his delivery style (lack of!) isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he’s so observant and actually adds something to the commentary. He puts a lot of the national ‘bigger’ name pundits to shame (few of which were anywhere as big a player as Mick was). He’s so quick to spot what’s going on.

Oh absolutely, and it irritates me when I hear/see others take the piss out of the guy.

The man captained our great side and England; he is a living legend and comes across as extremely modest.

Maybe the management side didn't take off because of his over passive demeanour but you'd think he'd make a decent number two, word in the ear type.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:07 - Dec 19 with 3228 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

That was an absolute equaliser from Evans, went in really strong. Got the ball first but then clattered the man, he was really hurt.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:21 - Dec 19 with 3169 viewsPendejo

I remember when Blades fans accused Tony Humes of feigning injury back in the 80s... Turned out he'd broken his leg.

As for yesterday, took too long firing up the golf cart.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:38 - Dec 19 with 3060 viewsMackemLad

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 20:33 - Dec 19 by bazza

I didn’t hear boos as he went Off, definitely boos as he got up and Down and hobbled about and it appeared He was laying it on a bit, and it was definitely a tactic to slow down play which had happened prior to his injury, as we battered them In the first half And they didn’t know what to do.. most people Were waving flags and making a lot Of noise.some people clapped as he went off.

He was very clearly booed. Not sure on your definition of ‘we battered them’ but at the time it was still 0-0, and I don’t recall too many saves (if any) our keeper had to make before that. If that first half was considered a battering then you’ve surely handed out some absolute hammerings to teams this season, which defies your league position of being 10 points from the playoffs having played an extra game.

You were the better team across the 90 without creating chances or being clinical, similar to the game at the SOL. Good atmosphere though hopefully your new owners were impressed and get the buzz to keep investing.
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:40 - Dec 19 with 3040 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mick Mills very rapidly said he had gone down far too easily but then did apologise for saying it once it was apparent he was actually injured. If the player gets up and runs back on within moments of getting off the pitch it is fair enough but to boo while he is being stretchered off is not good. Hope the lad is OK.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:44 - Dec 19 with 3003 viewsNthsuffolkblue

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:38 - Dec 19 by MackemLad

He was very clearly booed. Not sure on your definition of ‘we battered them’ but at the time it was still 0-0, and I don’t recall too many saves (if any) our keeper had to make before that. If that first half was considered a battering then you’ve surely handed out some absolute hammerings to teams this season, which defies your league position of being 10 points from the playoffs having played an extra game.

You were the better team across the 90 without creating chances or being clinical, similar to the game at the SOL. Good atmosphere though hopefully your new owners were impressed and get the buzz to keep investing.

That is better game management from you. No good playing better football without creating the chances to score. Sounded on the radio like 1-1 was a fair result. Both sides had one other good chance to score but neither created all that much.

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:59 - Dec 19 with 2939 viewsbazza

No we’ve been pretty poor apart from Wycombe and Portsmouth, but the first half we may have only been 1-0 up, but we were considerably better than your lot, and there was a lot
Of time wasting going on to try slow the play, maybe battered wasn’t the word, but after seeing us lose to barrow 2-0 midweek, it felt like it. I was just pointing out
That the boos were mainly directed prior to Realising it was a serious injury.. out of frustration from previous attempts to slow the game. I hope Your right regarding the atmosphere and investment tho.
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:09 - Dec 19 with 2878 viewsNthsuffolkblue

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 21:59 - Dec 19 by bazza

No we’ve been pretty poor apart from Wycombe and Portsmouth, but the first half we may have only been 1-0 up, but we were considerably better than your lot, and there was a lot
Of time wasting going on to try slow the play, maybe battered wasn’t the word, but after seeing us lose to barrow 2-0 midweek, it felt like it. I was just pointing out
That the boos were mainly directed prior to Realising it was a serious injury.. out of frustration from previous attempts to slow the game. I hope Your right regarding the atmosphere and investment tho.

That was his point. If possession with no threat is battering a team it would explain our league position and we might have been battering teams all season and be so far adrift.

We have very rarely played very good football this season. When we have and we did batter sides we put them to bed but too often we played well in spells took the lead and then fell apart and failed to win. He gets it better than those who still wanted Cook here.

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:19 - Dec 19 with 2846 viewsbazza

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:09 - Dec 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

That was his point. If possession with no threat is battering a team it would explain our league position and we might have been battering teams all season and be so far adrift.

We have very rarely played very good football this season. When we have and we did batter sides we put them to bed but too often we played well in spells took the lead and then fell apart and failed to win. He gets it better than those who still wanted Cook here.

The first half was possession with threat and we went in 1-0 up.. the second half let us down, my point was purely based on the first half, not overall, and that was regarding Sunderland’s tactic to try slow the game, and that was what frustrated the fans hence the booing.. when they thought it was more game playing.
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:40 - Dec 19 with 2766 viewsNthsuffolkblue

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:19 - Dec 19 by bazza

The first half was possession with threat and we went in 1-0 up.. the second half let us down, my point was purely based on the first half, not overall, and that was regarding Sunderland’s tactic to try slow the game, and that was what frustrated the fans hence the booing.. when they thought it was more game playing.

Was there really that much threat? Penney missed a good chance and we scored? How many good saves did their keeper make? How many last ditch blocks and clearances off the line did their defenders make?

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:43 - Dec 19 with 2755 viewstextbackup

Welcome to Ipswich, where we are so placid and dull that we can’t even boo a player

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:53 - Dec 19 with 2715 viewsbazza

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:40 - Dec 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Was there really that much threat? Penney missed a good chance and we scored? How many good saves did their keeper make? How many last ditch blocks and clearances off the line did their defenders make?

Why don’t you knock it off with those negative waves mannnnn !!
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:55 - Dec 19 with 2702 viewsstrikalite

It's a shame in the game now that its really hard to tell if someone is seriously injured or not, how many times do we see this feigning and rolling around only for the player to get up slightly limp away but miraculously then hunts down an opposing player within seconds, it's really difficult to tell, but he was clearly injured as he'd been down for a while, maybe it's frustration that he/players can't be helped off the pitch, they always used to be..

We had a home game with Oxford recently where they must have had five players go down one after the other whilst we were pressing to try and win the game, even the keeper suddenly fell to the ground like he'd been shot even though he'd had little to do, so that's still pretty fresh in the fans minds too...

For what its worth I thought we had the best of the first half, then you guys woke up and had the better of the second half...
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:57 - Dec 19 with 2681 viewsNthsuffolkblue

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:53 - Dec 19 by bazza

Why don’t you knock it off with those negative waves mannnnn !!

If you want the positive twist on it, how many of the same did we have to make?

I am calling it as a very even game that was fairly reflected in the result. Had we played he second half as the first we should have won. We didn't but at least we didn't throw it away completely either. A draw against Sunderland, in isolation, is a decent result.

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 23:02 - Dec 19 with 2660 viewsbazza

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 22:57 - Dec 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

If you want the positive twist on it, how many of the same did we have to make?

I am calling it as a very even game that was fairly reflected in the result. Had we played he second half as the first we should have won. We didn't but at least we didn't throw it away completely either. A draw against Sunderland, in isolation, is a decent result.

I think that’s what I’ve been saying ..? 8-9 shots first half 2 on target 4-5 corners first half around 58% possession I think.. and a goal. Few of the shots not on target were blocked. Wes burns one and I think bonnes header..?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 23:02]
More evidence of the moronic minority… on 23:46 - Dec 19 with 2502 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There was a fair bit of booing taking the knee from your lot. Is that a regular thing?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 00:43 - Dec 20 with 2423 viewsIllinoisblue

“Shocked” really? I’m sure Sunderland fans are always polite and respectful when a Newcastle player gets injured.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 01:52 - Dec 20 with 2332 viewsMackemLad

More evidence of the moronic minority… on 00:43 - Dec 20 by Illinoisblue

“Shocked” really? I’m sure Sunderland fans are always polite and respectful when a Newcastle player gets injured.

To the extent that Sunderland or Newcastle would boo a player who couldn’t walk? I’m not convinced. Besides, when did Ipswich-Sunderland become the acceptable line for people not being shocked by booing someone who had just been crippled? Two clubs with zero previous relative hostility..??

mind you if someone was feigning injury which has been suggested earlier in this post, that would be acceptable/expected even. Once that player is on a stretcher or cart off the pitch because they can’t walk - not acceptable. Obviously IMO.
[Redacted] on 05:32 - Dec 20 with 2188 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024