Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? 20:50 - Dec 19 with 1184 viewsSwansea_Blue

Every year I laugh at ‘the idiots’ who make plans and do their Christmas shopping in November. Every year I’m the one who ends up being the idiot.

Kids presents barely started (want gaming PC, laptops or iPhone 13s. Lol, good luck with that 😂).
Mrs not even thought about.
Still got work to do next week even though I’m on leave
Still got a 2 day trip up to N Wales to check on my late old fella’s house.

The tree’s up, which is something I suppose.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 21:00 - Dec 19 with 1142 viewseireblue

It’s weeks away ye….checks date….uh oh.
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 21:00 - Dec 19 with 1143 viewsBlueBadger

Have had it forced on me by a combination of the Efficient Private Sector company who do our payroll not paying me for the extra shifts I worked in November and Mrs Badger catching covid.

Payday is the 23rd. Going to have to make a dash into town to do it all then before my night shift.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 21:37 - Dec 19 with 1089 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 21:00 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

Have had it forced on me by a combination of the Efficient Private Sector company who do our payroll not paying me for the extra shifts I worked in November and Mrs Badger catching covid.

Payday is the 23rd. Going to have to make a dash into town to do it all then before my night shift.

It wouldn’t be Christmas without a last minute dash to the shops! Can’t say I miss having to work around it though. I’ve been really lucky last few years to normally get at least a week or two off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 21:44 - Dec 19 with 1071 viewsBlueBadger

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 21:37 - Dec 19 by Swansea_Blue

It wouldn’t be Christmas without a last minute dash to the shops! Can’t say I miss having to work around it though. I’ve been really lucky last few years to normally get at least a week or two off.

Have actually got pretty good shifts this year. 23rd and 24th nights, 27th,29th and 30th days then off till the 4th.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:01 - Dec 19 with 1046 viewsfabian_illness

Mine are all done.
It’s usually a job for Christmas Eve afternoon, then, whatever you buy can’t be wrong.
But this year, I’ve been on top form.
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:13 - Dec 19 with 1008 viewsRyorry

Anyone else not written Christmas cards yet? Or don't people bother any more?

A joyful late night of writing mine for post tomorrow, plus an even bigger stack of bills to pay online, awaits me :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:15 - Dec 19 with 1013 viewsGogs

Yep, I'm always fairly late to the party when it comes to christmas shopping. Hadn't really accounted for coming down with Covid last monday. As things stand I'm out of isolation on xmas eve - I am beginning to feel a little better - so it's then or never. It may well be never if I'm not feeling up to it, but everyone at least knows and understands the situation. I'd got a couple of bits for my parents before i fell ill so it's not a complete disaster
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:19 - Dec 19 with 1001 viewsBlueBadger

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:13 - Dec 19 by Ryorry

A joyful late night of writing mine for post tomorrow, plus an even bigger stack of bills to pay online, awaits me :(

We haven't bothered a few years now. We generally pick a charity each and bung them 25 quid each.

Login to get fewer ads

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:22 - Dec 19 with 993 viewsjeera

I'm not getting too involved this year at all.

I have sent my niece's young children books but that's it.

Some of my neighbours have put cards through the door though and I'd run out myself so ordered some packs for today's Sainsbury's deliver so I can at least reciprocate.

Bloody substitutions. Sold out of those I ordered so sent these other ones instead; cartoon cats. I am not a 7 year old child ffs.

I don't even like sodding cats and the only time one comes close to my garden are those new to the area who have not yet learned to know better.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:29 - Dec 19 with 969 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:15 - Dec 19 by Gogs

Yep, I'm always fairly late to the party when it comes to christmas shopping. Hadn't really accounted for coming down with Covid last monday. As things stand I'm out of isolation on xmas eve - I am beginning to feel a little better - so it's then or never. It may well be never if I'm not feeling up to it, but everyone at least knows and understands the situation. I'd got a couple of bits for my parents before i fell ill so it's not a complete disaster

Come on TWTD: Gogs needs our help.

Gogs: give us the age and gender (and any other helpful info you care to provide) of each person on your Christmas Present list and we will provide you with links to choose from.

Piece of piss, this, bring it on!
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:34 - Dec 19 with 955 viewsGogs

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:29 - Dec 19 by ArnoldMoorhen

Gogs: give us the age and gender (and any other helpful info you care to provide) of each person on your Christmas Present list and we will provide you with links to choose from.

haha, you're too kind! I will have a scout round online for a few other bits and bobs and will return if i need any more help/inspiration! I don't have many to buy in total fortunately
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:36 - Dec 19 with 951 viewsjeera

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:29 - Dec 19 by ArnoldMoorhen

Not vouchers of any sort.

Bloody things are always more hassle to redeem than they are worth.

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:36 - Dec 19 with 947 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:34 - Dec 19 by Gogs

haha, you're too kind! I will have a scout round online for a few other bits and bobs and will return if i need any more help/inspiration! I don't have many to buy in total fortunately

No! You are ill! I will do it! Age, gender, budget.
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:39 - Dec 19 with 931 viewsjeera

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:36 - Dec 19 by ArnoldMoorhen

No! You are ill! I will do it! Age, gender, budget.

Blimey you're keen.

Maybe you should start up a gift buying service.

People can answer some questions and you can build a profile and do their purchasing for them.

You'll get some takers on here for next year.

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:42 - Dec 19 with 915 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:39 - Dec 19 by jeera

Blimey you're keen.

Maybe you should start up a gift buying service.

People can answer some questions and you can build a profile and do their purchasing for them.

You'll get some takers on here for next year.

Nah, had a three hour Zoom social that's just finished, a bottle of wine in and feeling VERY productive. I can nail this.

And due to family illness and not living anywhere near any of them had to sort all my Christmas Present buying by very early December.

#sparecapacityforthisshizzle
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 23:15 - Dec 19 with 867 viewsGuthrum

We've still got a couple of weeks, haven't we?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 23:18 - Dec 19 with 861 viewsPippin1970

First year literally cash in cards as everyone an adult bar grandson. Sounds bad but least can choose what they want.
Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 08:50 - Dec 20 with 659 viewsDeano69

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 22:13 - Dec 19 by Ryorry

As much as I love Christmas (assuming we are talking about a week before and a week after, not starting in September), writing cards and even wrapping presents still feels like a soul destroying chore.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 09:05 - Dec 20 with 626 viewsbluelagos

So back in the day I got to the pub crimbo eve to find a mate, drunk, head in hands. Checked what was up and he basically couldnt face going home,

His wife had sent him to pick up the turkey and all went well until he crossed the road. Was raining a lot, visibility was bad, but he saw a gap and ran across. Unfortunately the bag split and the turkey hit the road before being run over by a car.

His wife wasnt known for her understanding or forgiving nature :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 09:09 - Dec 20 with 610 viewsjeera

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 09:05 - Dec 20 by bluelagos

So back in the day I got to the pub crimbo eve to find a mate, drunk, head in hands. Checked what was up and he basically couldnt face going home,

His wife had sent him to pick up the turkey and all went well until he crossed the road. Was raining a lot, visibility was bad, but he saw a gap and ran across. Unfortunately the bag split and the turkey hit the road before being run over by a car.

His wife wasnt known for her understanding or forgiving nature :-)

Why did the turkey cross the road...

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 09:54 - Dec 20 with 552 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Who else is not close to being ready for Chrimbo? on 08:50 - Dec 20 by Deano69

As much as I love Christmas (assuming we are talking about a week before and a week after, not starting in September), writing cards and even wrapping presents still feels like a soul destroying chore.

I don’t love Christmas, but I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence.
This year, I am mostly buying people feck all, apart from the missus and the lad.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024