Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any retired teachers on TWTD 09:49 - Dec 20 with 1071 viewsgordon

Who fancy one last job?

Sounds like they've got everything completely under control here.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 9:49]
Any retired teachers on TWTD on 09:52 - Dec 20 with 1025 viewsBlueBadger

Sounds like the clarion cry to retired NHS staff to 'come and support' last March.

Which was met with a universal 'most of us retired due to ou health, we've already retired once because work was killing us, not going to give it another go'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:04 - Dec 20 with 961 viewsRegencyBlue

Great idea!

Let’s put older vulnerable people into an environment which is a hotbed for Covid.

Panic setting in here I think!
Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:05 - Dec 20 with 947 viewsfooters

If only there were a way of recruiting cheap, well-educated teachers from countries just on our doorstep?

That sounds like madness though, probably.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:15 - Dec 20 with 913 viewsMullet

Another Asshat running something he has absolutely no business doing. At least we will get our annual month of good grace before the public are told what work shy scumbags we are again. Maybe if they’d listened to unions and not spent a decade underfunding schools there’d be no need for this.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:23 - Dec 20 with 879 viewsChorleyBoy

Going to the same same school of hand waving and bluster as Boris does nothing to help his poorly thought out and nonsensical plea.

Diabolical.
Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:44 - Dec 20 with 832 viewsFixed_It

Can they give me one reason why I might want to? Just one?

It's a 'no' from me I'm afraid.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:53 - Dec 20 with 812 viewsStokieBlue

They should hold off opening the schools until the boosters are delivered to enough people and have taken effect. Not a popular opinion I am sure but I think something that should be considered, only for a week or two of course.

The schools were a massive vector of transmission last week, so many kids and then parents testing positive and thus having hugely disappointing Christmas. It's absolutely one of the main drivers of infection.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:56 - Dec 20 with 784 viewsGuthrum

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:53 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

They should hold off opening the schools until the boosters are delivered to enough people and have taken effect. Not a popular opinion I am sure but I think something that should be considered, only for a week or two of course.

The schools were a massive vector of transmission last week, so many kids and then parents testing positive and thus having hugely disappointing Christmas. It's absolutely one of the main drivers of infection.

SB

But if the schools are closed, people can't go to work and earn money for Conservative donors. Which won't please the CRG. Heck, Sunak may even be required to pay for more stuff on tick, which lessens his chances of winning a leadership election.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 11:07 - Dec 20 with 741 viewsgordon

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:56 - Dec 20 by Guthrum

But if the schools are closed, people can't go to work and earn money for Conservative donors. Which won't please the CRG. Heck, Sunak may even be required to pay for more stuff on tick, which lessens his chances of winning a leadership election.

Sunak basically needs to save as much money as he can now so that when he takes over in a year or so (and pretends that he never actually knew that Boris Johnson chap) he can offer some kind of tax cuts, get a few good headlines in the Mail, Express and Sun and win a 60 seat majority over Starmer.
Any retired teachers on TWTD on 11:10 - Dec 20 with 728 viewsStokieBlue

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 11:07 - Dec 20 by gordon

Sunak basically needs to save as much money as he can now so that when he takes over in a year or so (and pretends that he never actually knew that Boris Johnson chap) he can offer some kind of tax cuts, get a few good headlines in the Mail, Express and Sun and win a 60 seat majority over Starmer.

Tax cuts would be ridiculous.

Should be tax increases and money ring-fenced for improvements to the NHS (perhaps some of those hospitals the Tories promised), scientific manufacturing (we want to be more self-sufficient in future to these events) and renewable energy (founding a state backed company).

Unfortunately your scenario is much more likely to play out.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 11:17 - Dec 20 with 696 viewsGuthrum

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 11:07 - Dec 20 by gordon

The most important thing is for him to look the best possible among his fellow Conservative MPs (who vote in the first round of any leadership contest) and in front of the generally-more-reactionary-than-the-electorate Party membership (who vote in the second round). General elections are of secondary importance until he's won that one.

Tax cuts always play well with those two constituencies, so he will probaly go down that route.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 11:32 - Dec 20 with 657 viewsandytown

Any retired teachers on TWTD on 10:23 - Dec 20 by ChorleyBoy

Going to the same same school of hand waving and bluster as Boris does nothing to help his poorly thought out and nonsensical plea.

Diabolical.

Not to mention that their DBS certificates will have lapsed and would need renewing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024